Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-01-2009   #1
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131013 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Lost a friend over the Dallas Cowboys...

Three years ago I said how Emmit and some of the Cowboys of the 90's weren't in the same class as Stabauch and the Cowboys of the 70's. My then friend Patrick (who thinks of the Cowboys as his extended family) DEMANDED an apology. When I gave what I considered an apology he told me (through a 3rd party) I wasn't humble enough. He demanded a second apology, but it had to be very public and I had to grovel more.
I said that a REAL friend wouldn't ask me to grovel and would accept my apology. He and I haven't spoken since. I extended some olive branches and each time I was ignored, but always hoped that our friendship of 15 years would be reconciled.
Earlier today I had lunch with a mutual friend and was informed that my estranged friend Patrick is now my FORMER friend Patrick as he's effectively said I'm "Dead" to him. Wow a 15 year friendship thrown away over a game and a bunch of millionaires who would charge him to piss on him were he on fire. My attitute is "VUGG 'EM...LET HIM ROT." Am I wrong for that?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lost a friend over the Dallas Cowboys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Three years ago I said how Emmit and some of the Cowboys of the 90's weren't in the same class as Stabauch and the Cowboys of the 70's. My then friend Patrick (who thinks of the Cowboys as his extended family) DEMANDED an apology. When I gave what I considered an apology he told me (through a 3rd party) I wasn't humble enough. He demanded a second apology, but it had to be very public and I had to grovel more.
I said that a REAL friend wouldn't ask me to grovel and would accept my apology. He and I haven't spoken since. I extended some olive branches and each time I was ignored, but always hoped that our friendship of 15 years would be reconciled.
Earlier today I had lunch with a mutual friend and was informed that my estranged friend Patrick is now my FORMER friend Patrick as he's effectively said I'm "Dead" to him. Wow a 15 year friendship thrown away over a game and a bunch of millionaires who would charge him to piss on him were he on fire. My attitute is "VUGG 'EM...LET HIM ROT." Am I wrong for that?
Are you sure there isn't another issue under the surface? I mean, I love football as much as the next guy but for him to throw away a 15 year frienship for a football argument? Maybe he's mad at something else you did. But if that is all he is mad about then let him be. You did nothing worng, you just stated an opinion.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #3
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Tell him that when he decides to stop acting like a Jonas brothers loving-teenage girl you'd consider reconciliation. Sorry man, but your buddy sounds like he takes pleasure in knowing that he can hang that event over your head which makes him a douche in my book.
Old 03-01-2009   #4
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131013 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Are you sure there isn't another issue under the surface? I mean, I love football as much as the next guy but for him to throw away a 15 year frienship for a football argument? Maybe he's mad at something else you did. But if that is all he is mad about then let him be. You did nothing worng, you just stated an opinion.
1. This guy declared another guy "persona non grata" after Tom Landry died, because the dude told him. "He was a great football coach man, but you didn't know the man personally dude. Get over it."

2. This man once lost a job because when the Cowboys lose a game he's in "Mourning" until Wednesday and didn't go to work.

3. He doesn't answer his phone on game day.

4. Has said "I live and die on every play."

5. and has said that were he a doctor on call when Joe Montana, Jerry Rice or any former 9er showed up in an emergency room bleeding to death...he'd sit back and watch them die.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 03-01-2009   #5
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Tell him that when he decides to stop acting like a Jonas brothers loving-teenage girl you'd consider reconciliation. Sorry man, but your buddy sounds like he takes pleasure in knowing that he can hang that event over your head which makes him a douche in my book.
He's not talking to me. Besides...VUGG IT! Ending our friendship was his decision not mine, I'm just being Pontius Pilate on this one. I'm washing my hands of the guy.
Old 03-01-2009   #6
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

My Fathers side of the family are almost all Oklahoma State University Alumni. My uncle (Fathers Brother) got in argument with his cousin, an OU grad in the parking lot after an OU/OSU game. Well, they almost came to blows and both said that they would never speak to each other again. Well, they pretty much haven't spoken to each other since that game. They only acknowledge each other at family reunions. The sad thing is that this game was played in the mid-1950's.
Old 03-01-2009   #7
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lame, to be bothered that much by an opinion as unoffensive and true as that....

Im with ray on that maybe its somthing else, some kinnd of misinterpretation.

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-01-2009   #8
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
1. This guy declared another guy "persona non grata" after Tom Landry died, because the dude told him. "He was a great football coach man, but you didn't know the man personally dude. Get over it."

2. This man once lost a job because when the Cowboys lose a game he's in "Mourning" until Wednesday and didn't go to work.

3. He doesn't answer his phone on game day.

4. Has said "I live and die on every play."

5. and has said that were he a doctor on call when Joe Montana, Jerry Rice or any former 9er showed up in an emergency room bleeding to death...he'd sit back and watch them die.
LOL!!! I think the guy has some issues. I wouldn't worry a bit if I was you.
Old 03-01-2009   #9
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Is your friend the one on the left?
Old 03-01-2009   #10
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
Lame, to be bothered that much by an opinion as unoffensive and true as that....

Im with ray on that maybe its somthing else, some kinnd of misinterpretation.
Again...the man lost a JOB because he would miss two or three days of work when the Cowboys lost a game.
Old 03-01-2009   #11
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's not talking to me. Besides...VUGG IT! Ending our friendship was his decision not mine, I'm just being Pontius Pilate on this one. I'm washing my hands of the guy.
nm
Edit: guy needs some help..

Old 03-01-2009   #12
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post

Is your friend the one on the left?
think MORE delusional...
Old 03-01-2009   #13
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like your ex-friend has his priorities just a wee bit out of whack.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #14
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
nm
Edit: guy needs some help..

I've attempted to talk to him. He stopped taking my phone calls and blocked my email. I've extended olive branches and they were ignored. The Pilate thing I see as a good analogy. Pilate had nothing against Jesus and was attempting to convince Ciaphas and the Pharaises to release but they wouldn't let it go.
Ciaphas convinced a mob to free Barabbas and to crucify Jesus...and Pilate let it be known that Jesus' crucifixion was NOT his choice.
Old 03-01-2009   #15
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Quote:
I've attempted to talk to him. He stopped taking my phone calls and blocked my email. I've extended olive branches and they were ignored. The Pilate thing I see as a good analogy. Pilate had nothing against Jesus and was attempting to convince Ciaphas and the Pharaises to release but they wouldn't let it go.
Ciaphas convinced a mob to free Barabbas and to crucify Jesus...and Pilate let it be known that Jesus' crucifixion was NOT his choice.

But he didn't stop it, he let it happen...

I dont want this to turn theological, there is a small similarity, Ill give you that...

Old 03-01-2009   #16
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Does he have any females in his life?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #17
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerillablack View Post
does he have any females in his life?
No! Thing is, he's attracted to superficial bimbos...and he has spina bifida and for some reason stupid, superficial types can't see themselves dating a handicapped guy no matter how cool he is. One needs some degree of depth to see the inner person and the fact that the only women he finds attractive are incapable of stringing two sentences together much less a rational thought he hasn't had a GF in some time.

Last edited by Dread-Head; 03-01-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-01-2009   #18
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No! Thing is, he's attracted to superficial bimbos...and he has spina bifida and for some reason stupid, superficial types can't see themselves dating a handicapped guy no matter how cool he is. One needs some degree of depth to see the inner person and the fact that the only women he finds attractive are incapable of stringing two sentences together much less a rational thought he hasn't had a GF in some time.
Sounds like you are better off.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #19
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

I have said it a thousand times. Cowboy fans are like roaches...everywhere when there is a feast and no where to be found when the light is turned on.

the raid for cowboy fans is loosing.... frontrunning...blankity blanks....They always say " I cheered for them when they were 1-15" but then you ask them to name 5 players and they get amnesia or name players still in school.

Cowboy fans are true blue all right true blue t-shirt fans.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, you're heaping a lot of responsibility and burden onto yourself that not yours to shoulder.

We have a responsibility TO one another, not FOR one another. At the end of the day, you manned up and apologized. I'd go so far as to say you should not have even apologized.

On the outside, looking in on your situation...your "friend" loves to hold people hostage (emotionally) and he feels empowered by making people grovel at his feet. Even in telling your mutual friend that you're dead to him: He's doing that in order to let you know that he still owns you.

You didn't do anything wrong. You trusted a friend, you gave time/energy/emotional effort to your friend, and he turned it onto you for the reward of trying to compensate for his personal challenges.

Contrast this with a guy like Gary, a poster on this board, who has cerebal palsy (IIRC). He is hustling and making a difference in people's lives. He's taking his life to a level that most normal people can't. That's a guy to admire. That's someone to have relationship with, IMO.

I am sorry you got burned. Move on, knowing that you sincerely tried. And don't even bring up his name to your mutual friends. And refuse to let your mutual friends pass along messages from your former "friend." You owe it to yourself, not to pay him back--To pay yourself back for extending a hand getting it gnawed off to a bloody stump.

You should read a book entitled "Boundaries." It talks about how we should set boundaries with people, like a city wall in ancient times. I think you'd see that you might be prone to letting too many questionable "friends" into your city. Best of luck to you.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read