Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-01-2009   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What would you think about a Texans/Schaub - Broncos/Cutler Trade ?

A frustrated Jay Cutler said he thinks his days in Denver are numbered, and he feels betrayed.

"My understanding at this point is they're trying to trade me," Cutler said Saturday. "We'll see where I end up at. I liked it here, I liked playing with these guys, but obviously they're not going to let me have that opportunity."
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11810112
The new Denver GM is trying to move Cutler according to this story in the Denver Post. Wonder if Kubiak & Smitth would be interested ? BTW, I'm sure we have to part with more than Schaub to get the rifle-armed Cutler if we
were interested ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What would you think about a Texans/Schaub - Broncos/Cutler Trade ?

nawww scahub proved he was fine to keep when he

- was not 100% and played in GB when it was freezing and Help won the game

- came back from a 10 point lead aganist Chicago with ease

anywayz Matt is are guy intill he screws up .....
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #3
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would we want to do this?
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #4
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If I needed a QB like Detroit I would be burning up the phone lines.

San Francisco or the Jets.

If I'm the Jets my 1st offer would be 1st & 2nd this year & a 2010 1st

Franchise QB's that have NFL expierence & are in their prime very rarely become available.

I wonder what McDaniel doesn't like about Cutler?

Do you think the Tacks wish they would have traded for Cutler instead of re-upping Collins?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #5
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Not just no...but hell no.

If Schaub is healthy...he's a heck of a lot better QB than Cutler. No need to rebuild at this position.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Bad idea, IMO. Cutler is going to be a top 5 QB in the NFL for a while, and I don't see Schaub reaching that level. Still, what you'd have to give up to get Cutler is not worth it when you have a pretty good QB in Schaub. Also, you always have to consider injury potential. Any player in the NFL can get seriously injured, but it hurts worse when you've sunk so much into a player (as we know here).
Old 03-01-2009   #7
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
A frustrated Jay Cutler said he thinks his days in Denver are numbered, and he feels betrayed.

"My understanding at this point is they're trying to trade me," Cutler said Saturday. "We'll see where I end up at. I liked it here, I liked playing with these guys, but obviously they're not going to let me have that opportunity."
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11810112
The new Denver GM is trying to move Cutler according to this story in the Denver Post. Wonder if Kubiak & Smitth would be interested ? BTW, I'm sure we have to part with more than Schaub to get the rifle-armed Cutler if we
were interested ?
I like schaub, but if it happened Id be all like "hell ya!"....

you guys is redonkulous, Cutler is a Beast! Match him up with Dre and OD, DAMN!!!!!!!! Unstopable, if the Texans got that offer they wouldnt think twice...

Edit: It definatly depend on what we give up though. But if we are talking straight up Schaub for Cutler, no doubt...

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!

Last edited by WesmanTexanfan; 03-01-2009 at 12:25 PM.
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-01-2009   #8
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

ive liked cutler since his rookie season but i wouldnt even entertain doing it.. while not in the same league in terms of arm strength, schaub is smarter (imo) and a better leader cutler tends to sulk and mouth when things dont go well.

schaub is a top 5/10 qb (again imo) once he stays healthy
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather keep Schaub.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #10
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
ive liked cutler since his rookie season but i wouldnt even entertain doing it.. while not in the same league in terms of arm strength, schaub is smarter (imo) and a better leader cutler tends to sulk and mouth when things dont go well.

schaub is a top 5/10 qb (again imo) once he stays healthy
Cutler has proven to get it done all season, and he put up alot of yards at that. I think schaub can emerge as an Elite and am not all dissapointed with him taking snaps, I would just like to see what jay could do here with what we have and his on field attitude...

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #11
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 24274 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

No and No and No.
Old 03-01-2009   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Cutler is one of my favorite QBs in the league and I'd love him on the Texans. With that said I like Schaub a lot and would rather just keep him.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #13
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Cutler is stud w/a cannon arm and is somnewhat mobile...As much as I like him, I cant see trading Schaub and then some for him. We gave two 2nd rd. picks for Schaub, and it wouldn't be wise to give all that up, plus more equity of our team for the big splash of Cutler. We've made good strides in our offense and I don't wanna risk breaking these strides for Cutler and anything else the Bronco's want in that "Care Package"..besides Kubiak and or Smith may not be here next year if we don't progress, so they'll continue w/the continuity of the offense and build upon that and jump start the Defense that is lacking.
Old 03-01-2009   #14
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92860 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Twice the talent of Schaub with a better attituide and durability.

I don't see anything where Schaub is superior to Cutler

Culter just isn't a fit for the spread that McDaniels runs
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #15
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post

better attitude? please
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #16
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92860 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
better attitude? please
If you like a swagger in your QB, then hell yes!

Some fire from the QB position would do miracles
Old 03-01-2009   #17
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't think you will see McDaniels running any kind of spread in Denver. The reason that was used as much as it was in NE was the the fact that NE's running game blows and they needed a way to make sure that Moss could get separation or allow him to get double teamed. Denver will have a better running game and you could also see NE drafting a good running back to take pressure off Brady and the rest of the O. I'm not saying you didn't know that, I just feel that they wont be always running spread offense. I also agree with what you said about Cutler being fired up and ready to talk trash and take it to the opposing team. Schaub just seems to laid back at times and never seems ready to just jack someone.
Old 03-01-2009   #18
sbalderrama

I don't see Cutler moving from Denver but who knows. Cutler has alot of talent but also an immature attitude. I think he's just being a bit of the petulent whiney brat at the moment.

That said, Cutler under Kubiaks tutelage has the talent to be a hall of famer. Of course you make that trade, if nothing else AJ wouldn't be slowing down to catch long balls.
Old 03-01-2009   #19
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
I don't think you will see McDaniels running any kind of spread in Denver. The reason that was used as much as it was in NE was the the fact that NE's running game blows and they needed a way to make sure that Moss could get separation or allow him to get double teamed. Denver will have a better running game and you could also see NE drafting a good running back to take pressure off Brady and the rest of the O. I'm not saying you didn't know that, I just feel that they wont be always running spread offense. I also agree with what you said about Cutler being fired up and ready to talk trash and take it to the opposing team. Schaub just seems to laid back at times and never seems ready to just jack someone.
I think with all the weapons in Denver on the outside and the total lack of RB talent, McDaniels will run the spread. He did so without Brady in 2008. I think they are trying to find their Wes Welker right now
Old 03-01-2009   #20
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think with all the weapons in Denver on the outside and the total lack of RB talent, McDaniels will run the spread. He did so without Brady in 2008. I think they are trying to find their Wes Welker right now
They already did. His name is David Anderson.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read