Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-28-2009   #1
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cutler Almost Traded

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11809351

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #2
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cutler Almost Traded

If I were Shanny Id want to trade him after hearing this...

"I dont play for coaches anyway"

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post

All he said is that he plays for teammates. Nothing wrong with that, IMO. Besides, Shanny doesn't have anything to do with it, since he's not even a Bronco anymore.
Old 03-01-2009   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If you were Shanny, you'd be sitting on your couch watching your TV and finding out about all this stuff from NFLN.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I guarantee you Jeff Fisher was on the phone with a Denver official.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #6
Ckw

Wow!!! Alright Denver if you want to get rid of Cutler, you can have Schaub, a third round pick, and a case of Shiner Bock.
Old 03-01-2009   #7
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Wow!!! Alright Denver if you want to get rid of Cutler, you can have Schaub, a third round pick, and a case of Shiner Bock.
And we wont match David Anderson!
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-01-2009   #8
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4297 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
And we wont match David Anderson!
Really guys? Maybe I'm just crazy, but I'd rather have Schaub than Cutler.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #9
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
I'm not too sure, I think Cutler looks like a nicely developing QB, and his attitude seems pretty impressive to me.

Shocked that the Broncos would entertain replacing him with Cassel. Are they stupid, or just bored during the offseason?
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #10
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly believe that he was never gonna be traded...as GM/Coaches..you always hear what somebody has to say. Thats just playing the game from a buisness perspective. The new regime knows they have a top tier QB. And Pat Bowlin would would "***** slap em" for even thinking it
Old 03-01-2009   #11
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
I'm not too sure, I think Cutler looks like a nicely developing QB, and his attitude seems pretty impressive to me.
Shocked that the Broncos would entertain replacing him with Cassel. Are they stupid, or just bored during the offseason?

I like the fact he is not afraid to try and get the ball in just about anywhere but his mouth and attitude have been an issue. He mouthed of about Rivers and then got beat by the chargers as well as complaining in the media in Denver. That does not make win you a whole lot of fans in year three when you have yet to win anything. AS many good plays as Cutler makes with his legs and strong arm up to this point it has just bought him enough time to get into trouble and throw game ending picks.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #12
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
I'm going with you're crazy. Cutler is going to be a top 5 QB in this league in a year or two, and he's going to stay there for a long time. Schaub doesn't have a ceiling that high.
Old 03-01-2009   #13
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownsportsfan View Post
I like the fact he is not afraid to try and get the ball in just about anywhere but his mouth and attitude have been an issue. He mouthed of[f] about Rivers and then got beat by the chargers as well as complaining in the media in Denver. That does not make win you a whole lot of fans in year three when you have yet to win anything. AS many good plays as Cutler makes with his legs and strong arm up to this point it has just bought him enough time to get into trouble and throw game ending picks.
Ummm ... did you watch that game? Rivers at one point as he was walking off the field made a point to walk over near the Denver bench and mouth off to Cutler basically calling him a baby and a bust. Made some crying motion ... it was completely classless. Rivers is a douche bag plain and simple. He has no idea of sportsmanship and really should have been fined several times for what he has done. He will get his though. You act like that in this league and your liner starts to fail you find guys going for your knees.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #14
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Ummm ... did you watch that game? Rivers at one point as he was walking off the field made a point to walk over near the Denver bench and mouth off to Cutler basically calling him a baby and a bust. Made some crying motion ... it was completely classless. Rivers is a douche bag plain and simple. He has no idea of sportsmanship and really should have been fined several times for what he has done. He will get his though. You act like that in this league and your liner starts to fail you find guys going for your knees.

i still lol at rivers being such a douche yet doesnt curse. i can imagine 'hey cutler, nice incompletion you dumb frick'
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #15
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Damn, i apologize, it was late and if you watch the rockets well, youll understand my state of mind....

To correct my comment, If I were Josh, I would want to trade him after hearing this.

As a coach, I would talk to him to see if I really thinnk he believes what he said and then either trade him or dont.

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Philip Rivers is in the Top 5 of my least liked players. I actually used to like the Chargers but completely stopped being a fan of that team because of him and his attitude/immaturity.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #17
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post

The Broncos will run the spread and Cassel is a much better fit for that system. Cutler is a gunslinger with a huge arm who isn't affraid to take chances.

I would love to see Culter as the Texans QB. We need a QB with an attituide
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
The Broncos will run the spread and Cassel is a much better fit for that system. Cutler is a gunslinger with a huge arm who isn't affraid to take chances.

I would love to see Culter as the Texans QB. We need a QB with an attituide
Cassel is a Chief .

Maybe the Broncos can trade Cutler back to the state where he played his college ball . Maybe for the 3rd pick in the 2006 draft and a certain RB from Colorado .

Round Dan
Old 03-01-2009   #19
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Cassel is a Chief .

Maybe the Broncos can trade Cutler back to the state where he played his college ball . Maybe for the 3rd pick in the 2006 draft and a certain RB from Colorado .
The Broncos were trying to trade for Cassel while trading Cutler someplace else from what I hear. The Chiefs beat them to the punch and cut out the middle man
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #20
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
The Broncos were trying to trade for Cassel while trading Cutler someplace else from what I hear. The Chiefs beat them to the punch and cut out the middle man
I think it was Cassel to Denver , Cutler to Tampa , and Tampa's #1 to NE .

Round Dan

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read