Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-28-2009   #1
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Houshmandzadeh And His Agent..What A Dumb Azz/signs with Seattle

Why angry Eagles won't sign Housh 08:35 AM ET Receiver T.J Houshmandzadeh has said that he'd like to play for the Eagles. But, as it turns out, the Eagles might not be interested. According to Derrick Gunn on Comcast SportsNet, the Eagles didn't react kindly to an effort by Houshmandzadeh to dupe the team into thinking that he was offering Philly a discount. After checking around, the Eagles reportedly learned that Houshmandzadeh's agent was actually asking for more money from the Eagles than from other teams. Per Gunn, the Eagles previously had little interest in Houshmandzadeh. The alleged bait-and-swtich routine ensured that the Eagles won't make a play for him.

Man he could have been an asset in Phili....Now he's just an Azz
Old 02-28-2009   #2
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houshmandzadeh And His Agent..What A Dumb Azz

Philly wants Boldin. I still think Philly is pretty stupid to let Dawkins walk. They should have kept Dawkins and tried to get Boldin or just move past the ass that Houshmanzadeh was acting and just sign him. McNabb needs a WR and has much of a headcase TO was, he was the only great WR that McNabb has had.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

teams share with each other how much a player is asking??

That don't sound right. If I were "competing" for a particular Free Agent, and some GM asked me how much the Agent is asking, I'd low ball him.

"Yeah, Housh said he'll play for my pitiful team for league minimum."

Then that other team is going to make Housh a ridiculously low offer, he'll get mad, come to me, and I can get him cheap.
Old 02-28-2009   #4
Xcellerator
Veteran

Rep Power: 231 Xcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respected

T.J. Whosyourmama is a darn good receiver though.
Probably go to the Vikes.
Xcellerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Its the Eagles loss

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #6
TexansFan33
DW33

Rep Power: 8 TexansFan33 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexansFan33 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I hate the EAGLES after what they did to Donovan, all the Philly faithful or whatever they call themselves... I hope Mcnabb leaves and turns them into the modern day Lions. The Mcnabb curse begins!
TexansFan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
teams share with each other how much a player is asking??

That don't sound right. If I were "competing" for a particular Free Agent, and some GM asked me how much the Agent is asking, I'd low ball him.

"Yeah, Housh said he'll play for my pitiful team for league minimum."

Then that other team is going to make Housh a ridiculously low offer, he'll get mad, come to me, and I can get him cheap.
It doesn't sound right. It has shades of collusion, which is heavily frowned upon by the NFL front office.
Old 03-02-2009   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's signing with Seattle
Old 03-02-2009   #9
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
He's signing with Seattle
5 years / $40 mil 17.5 guaranteed
Old 03-02-2009   #10
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default Re: Houshmandzadeh And His Agent..What A Dumb Azz/signs with Seattle

Well now they aren't pressured to take Crabtree or reach on Heyward Bey, we will see what TJ does without an elite WR opposite of him. Good pick-up by the Hawks.
Old 03-02-2009   #11
TexansFan33
DW33

Rep Power: 8 TexansFan33 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexansFan33 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

So is "Ocho" the man in Cincy now? I think with TJ on the hawks now, Hasselbeck becomes elite again.
Old 03-02-2009   #12
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

I won't call anyone that makes 17M guaranteed a dumbass.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #13
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
Well now they aren't pressured to take Crabtree or reach on Heyward Bey, we will see what TJ does without an elite WR opposite of him. Good pick-up by the Hawks.
Uuumm, he didn't have an elite WR next to him this year. Chad Johnson was horrible this season.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #14
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

Crabtree might fall a few spots - not enough to get to us though. Can you imagine Andre Johnson and Crabtree together? That would be sweet.
Old 03-02-2009   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieb View Post
Crabtree might fall a few spots - not enough to get to us though. Can you imagine Andre Johnson and Crabtree together? That would be sweet.
That would be an upgrade over Mr. Anderson, I guess.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #16
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah. I personally think Crabtree is overhyped, but we'll see. I know the guy that trained him throughout high school and parts of college. Crabtree actually came down a few times from Lubbock. The guy who trained him said he had an attitude problem but is getting better.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #17
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cassel trade will force the QB's to fall and this signing will force the WR's to fall so we may get a defensive player that we covet at our spot.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

With TJ in Seattle, Koren Robinson may become elite........

I know Hasselbeck is a fine QB. And Seneca Wallace did a good job while Hasselbeck was injured. But If I was the new coach of the 'Hawks, I'd be looking hard at that QB from Georgia.
Old 03-02-2009   #19
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
With TJ in Seattle, Koren Robinson may become elite........

I know Hasselbeck is a fine QB. And Seneca Wallace did a good job while Hasselbeck was injured. But If I was the new coach of the 'Hawks, I'd be looking hard at that QB from Georgia.
I actually expect Seattle to draft a young QB to develop in the first three rounds this year. I don't know about the first though.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

What is up with that crazy story about Mora Jr. asking TJ to leave his expensive watch with him before TJ went on his visit to the Vikings?

That was very bizarre. Just give a dude your watch because he asked you to? Okie-dokie.

Here's the excerpt from the foxsports.com article:

Quote:
SEATTLE (AP) - T.J. Houshmandzadeh was stunned. He had no time to process that a guy he just met was asking him to hand over his custom-jeweled, multi-thousand-dollar watch.

"I respect you as a man and I think you should honor your commitment to go to Minnesota - but you need to take that watch off and leave it here as collateral," Seahawks coach Jim Mora told Houshmandzadeh on Saturday, just before the top wide receiver in free agency departed Seattle to follow through on his promise to visit the Vikings.

Houshmandzadeh dutifully handed his watch to his prospective new boss.

"I didn't even think about," he said. "I just took it off. I was so surprised."

Three stressful and sleepless days of indecision later, the former go-to guy for the Cincinnati Bengals got his watch back - along with a huge, five-year contract to be the centerpiece of Mora's revamped offense in Seattle.

"Had he chosen to go to Minnesota, I would have certainly and gladly mailed it to him. But I'm glad he came back to pick it up in person," Mora said with a wry smile.
Seriously. I feel like I am living in a freaking twilight zone with what is going on in this world.

One of the things that sealed the deal is that TJ and his kids got to ride in a float plane with the owner of the Seahawks. Apparently, that was "cool" and was "such a rush." I guess TJ didn't get to go on a Vikings party boat/pleasure cruise. LOL!
GP is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read