Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-27-2009   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Brian Dawkins a Bronco

They seem to be loading up.

I have heard this on 610 and from random print sources saying they don't have a full story yet.

http://insidetheiggles.com/2009/02/27/dawkins-a-bronco/
Quote:
Reports are circulating that Brian Dawkins has signed with the Denver Broncos. Actually, it’s one report from a Raiders‘ writer. Could be true, but no legit source has confirmed this.
Old 02-27-2009   #2
Big Poundcake
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 Big Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: Brian Dawkins a Bronco

Good pick up for the Bronco's. I think he has 1 or 2 good seasons left in him.
Big Poundcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009   #3
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

No So fast my friend.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/27/buck...kins-not-done/

Adam Schefter
Buckhalter, Arrington to Denver; Dawkins not done

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Brian Dawkins, Correll Buckhalter, Denver Broncos, J.J. Arrington

Contrary to published reports, free agent safety Brian Dawkins does not currently have a deal with the Broncos. However, he is en route to Denver. The Broncos do have agreements with running backs Correll Buckhalter and J.J. Arrington, according to the players’ agents.
Old 02-28-2009   #4
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/28/dawk...-with-broncos/

Dawkins signs five-year deal with Broncos

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Brian Dawkins, Denver Broncos, Philadelphia Eagles

Denver signs free agent safety Brian Dawkins to a five-year, $17 million deal that includes $7.2 million guaranteed. The contract also has escalators that could boost the value of the deal to $27 million over five years, but the deal also could be voided to two years, $9 million.
Old 02-28-2009   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
No So fast my friend.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/27/buck...kins-not-done/

Adam Schefter
Buckhalter, Arrington to Denver; Dawkins not done

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Brian Dawkins, Correll Buckhalter, Denver Broncos, J.J. Arrington

Contrary to published reports, free agent safety Brian Dawkins does not currently have a deal with the Broncos. However, he is en route to Denver. The Broncos do have agreements with running backs Correll Buckhalter and J.J. Arrington, according to the players’ agents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/28/dawk...-with-broncos/

Dawkins signs five-year deal with Broncos

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Brian Dawkins, Denver Broncos, Philadelphia Eagles

Denver signs free agent safety Brian Dawkins to a five-year, $17 million deal that includes $7.2 million guaranteed. The contract also has escalators that could boost the value of the deal to $27 million over five years, but the deal also could be voided to two years, $9 million.

So you "Not so fast my friend(ed)" yourself. Do you answer your own questions?
Old 02-28-2009   #6
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
So you "Not so fast my friend(ed)" yourself. Do you answer your own questions?
Yeah I guess so. LOL I can only go by what is reported at the time of my posting. While I sit here and watch College hoops.
Old 04-02-2009   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

NFL Network had Sapp and McGinnis talking about the broncos and they wondered what Dawkins feels like,right about now.. comes to the team and then a blowup with the franchise QB and the potential of starting over on the offensive side of the ball. He could have stayed with McNabb.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-02-2009   #8
Mac#5
Rookie

Rep Power: 8 Mac#5 was voted MVPMac#5 was voted MVPMac#5 was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
NFL Network had Sapp and McGinnis talking about the broncos and they wondered what Dawkins feels like,right about now.. comes to the team and then a blowup with the franchise QB and the potential of starting over on the offensive side of the ball. He could have stayed with McNabb.
Thats what i was thinking about today. I realy feel sorry for him because hes my favorite safety and one of the good guys in the league someone id actualy be happy to see win a superbowl and know he actauly deserves it. Wish we could have signed him and let him groom Dominique Barber and which ever other safety we draft this year (William Moore... hopefully).
Mac#5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read