Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-27-2009   #1
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default David Anderson has offer sheet (matched 3/4)

Look like McDaniels thinks that David Anderson is some version of Wes Welker.

Quote:
Houston Texans WR David Anderson, a restricted free-agent, has received an offer sheet from the Denver Broncos. The Texans have seven days to match or he will become a member of the Broncos and they will receive a seventh-round pick as compensation.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: David Anderson has offer sheet

Of all our RFA's, I didn't expect Mr. Anderson to get the first offer sheet.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #3
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

KC sure has been active so far in free agency. I wonder how much they offered him.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #4
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm fine with that. If we don't retain him I don't think it's that big of a loss. I don't consider him a playmaker. He catches and runs but I feel like he dropped the tough ones frequently.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
KC sure has been active so far in free agency. I wonder how much they offered him.
KC? This is Denver aka Houston North. Going for Gaffney and now DA.

It will be interesting to see the offer.
Old 02-27-2009   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Hmm...local product of Denver.

I'd sure hate to see Anderson leave, like him as the #4 wideout and backup punt returner. Guy plays his heart out.

Interesting as well considering they just Signed Jabar Gaffney.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #7
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Weird huh? Now the Broncos are trying to get our players. It shows how much better our team is. I wonder what the numbers are on this deal.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2009   #8
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully the contract isn't huge and we match it. Doubt we find anyone better with an extra 7th rounder. I know he was a 7th rounder but at that point there are more misses than hits by a large margin. He has improved every year as a player and his production has improved every year. Sounds like a really good locker room guy too, a bit of a clown.
Old 02-27-2009   #9
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Hmm...local product of Denver.

I'd sure hate to see Anderson leave, like him as the #4 wideout and backup punt returner. Guy plays his heart out.

Interesting as well considering they just Signed Jabar Gaffney.
Look like he is really trying to mirror NE's style players...They signed two veteran type RBs, Gaffney and now a Wes Welker wannabe. Reads like NE west.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Anderson, I hope we match. People get too excited for picks, Anderson is better than a likely 7th. He gets first downs, blocks, and seems like a good locker room guy.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #11
steds
Veteran

Rep Power: 329 steds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh. Not fussed. Nobody who sports a mullet at any stage of their life deserves to be supported in any way, shape or form.

Wouldn't be too displeased if we matched the offer though.
steds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I like Anderson, I hope we match. People get too excited for picks, Anderson is better than a likely 7th. He gets first downs, blocks, and seems like a good locker room guy.
Agreed. I love Anderson and think he is good enough to be our 3rd WR in the slot actually. Don't want to lose that guy.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #13
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19314 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
To have a 7th rounder contribute at all a few years out is probably above-average. No question he is worth more than a 7th round roll of the dice. I hope the offer sheet is one we can match easily.

If the team was serious about getting rid of Jacoby Jones (I don't think so, I think they were trying to wake him up by letting that leak out), and if Anderson were to leave, our WR corps would suddenly go from a strength to something that needs to be addressed.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
To have a 7th rounder contribute at all a few years out is probably above-average. No question he is worth more than a 7th round roll of the dice. I hope the offer sheet is one we can match easily.

If the team was serious about getting rid of Jacoby Jones (I don't think so, I think they were trying to wake him up by letting that leak out), and if Anderson were to leave, our WR corps would suddenly go from a strength to something that needs to be addressed.
Then again, this could be the draft to address it.
Old 02-27-2009   #15
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

What are the contract details? Does anyone know how RFA tendering works? I knew someone was gonna try and sign DA as soon as I saw he got a 7th round tender. I wish we could've bumped it up to a 3rd-4th round tender but I think its either the round they're drafted...then bumped to a 1st...then bumped to a 1st/3rd.

I'd love to get him back unless of course he's getting starter/high # 3 money.

We've already paid AD, AJ, and are gonna have to pay KW and OD. Unfortunately, unless its a bargain price I dont think we're gonna get to keep DA.
Old 02-27-2009   #16
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Shows what a steal Kevin Walter was for a 7th round pick.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #17
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

why did we put such a low tender on him in the first place? he's certainly worth coughing up a 7th rounder for.
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #18
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Miscue by Smith?

Maybe. Personally I can't believe he's getting this much attention. I hope it's not too much because I think him being the #3 is solid. At least we would get fair compensation for him.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #19
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steds View Post
Meh. Not fussed. Nobody who sports a mullet at any stage of their life deserves to be supported in any way, shape or form.

Wouldn't be too displeased if we matched the offer though.
In all due respect...What kind of statement was that?
Old 02-27-2009   #20
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope he doesn't leave. I thought he made some pretty good catches while he was here (And who can forget his string dance).

I'm tipping this beer for you lightning mullet homey.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read