Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-27-2009   #1
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22304 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kellen Winslow Traded

Adam Shefter just reported it on NFL Network. Traded to the Bucs for some draft picks not known yet..
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #2
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kellen Winslow Traded

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Adam Shefter just reported it on NFL Network. Traded to the Bucs for some draft picks not known yet..
Wow. I didnt know he was being shopped.
Old 02-27-2009   #3
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Holy ****! Didn't see that one coming.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

OK. That's one I didn't see coming.

Mangini's cleaning house. Wonder if he gets rid of Braylon Edwards, too.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #5
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Holy ****! Didn't see that one coming.
Indeed. Talk about coming out of nowhere. I wonder what the draft pick is.

There can't be anyway it's a 1st...can it?

I'm thinking that a 2nd should be about right.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #6
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Undisclosed draft picks? Someone give us some disclosure because I'd like to know the going rate for stud TEs.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #7
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22304 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Indeed. Talk about coming out of nowhere. I wonder what the draft pick is.

There can't be anyway it's a 1st...can it?

I'm thinking that a 2nd should be about right.
He thought it would be a 2nd and a 5th.
Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2009   #8
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Undisclosed draft picks? Someone give us some disclosure because I'd like to know the going rate for stud TEs.
A stud, yes, but also a malcontent. That is the reason they got rid of him.
Old 02-27-2009   #9
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
A stud, yes, but also a malcontent. That is the reason they got rid of him.
Yeah, he isnt a guy I would want on my team.
Old 02-27-2009   #10
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

I saw this on sportscenter; My first thought is that he was arrested or got into an accident again. To say the least I'm surprised he got traded. I'll never forget his famous quote: "I'M AN F-ING SOLDIER"!!!
Old 02-27-2009   #11
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe Cleveland was getting a little tired of him, even with the new staff coming on board. Now he'll be back in Florida where he can play soldier.
Old 02-27-2009   #12
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Winslow was also asking for a new contract and more money and it was not sitting well with the Browns because of them having paid his dumbass after the Motorcycle wreck.
Old 02-27-2009   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Winslow was also asking for a new contract and more money and it was not sitting well with the Browns because of them having paid his dumbass after the Motorcycle wreck.
Edwards is asking for a new contract, too.

He needs to concentrate on catching the damn ball instead of getting more money. He singlehandedly gave us the game against the Browns last year. If he had caught 3-4 of the passes that hit him right in the hands, we'd have had big problems.
Old 02-27-2009   #14
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Great pick up for the Bucs. They really need help at WR and Winslow could easily get 1,000 yards. He had a disappointing year last year, but I still think he is most talented TE in the NFL. Maybe not quite the best, but the most talented. Witten is probably the best. The Bucs will have a younger more inexperienced QB next year and having a good TE like WInslow for a safety net should help them a lot. Good move for them.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #15
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 18345 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Surprised at this trade, didn't think he'd be leaving Cleveland. I think its a really good acquisition. Be interesting to see what pick it is. I wouldn't be too surprised if it is their 1st rounder (the 19th pick). It would have to be a second and something else, although reports are only reporting a 'draft pick', not draft picks. I can't believe they would let him go for only a 2nd...
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #16
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

They have some receiving talent between him and Antonio Bryant but no QBs to get them the ball. I'll be surprised if that defense doesn't take a step back this year as well.
Old 02-27-2009   #17
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3596 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Texans View Post
I believe Cleveland was getting a little tired of him, even with the new staff coming on board. Now he'll be back in Florida where he can play soldier.
That was awesome...how did nobody catch this??? +1 (more if I could)
hookinreds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55561 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't Jerramy Stevens still on the Bucs too?

If he is, what a pair of TE's they have over there now.

If you don't know where I'm going with this then google Stevens. It shouldn't take you very long to find out that he is the biggest piece of garbage in the NFL.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Isn't Jerramy Stevens still on the Bucs too?

If he is, what a pair of TE's they have over there now.

If you don't know where I'm going with this then google Stevens. It shouldn't take you very long to find out that he is the biggest piece of garbage in the NFL.
Stevens is a FA.
Old 02-27-2009   #20
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55561 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Stevens is a FA.
Thanks. Hope he stays that way...
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read