Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-27-2009   #1
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans hire Bruce Matthews as assistant

How can you not love this?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6284388.html

“I can’t tell you how fired up I am about this,” Matthews said. “I love Houston, and I wanted to stay in Houston, and this gives me a chance to do that. I’ve been watching the Texans, and I think they’re on the brink of something special. I wanted to be part of it. I’m excited about where Mr. (Bob) McNair and Gary have this team headed. I want to help any way I can.”
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #2
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bruce Matthews hired as Texans assistant

Quote:
Bruce Matthews, who played 14 of his 19 seasons for the Oilers and is a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, has been hired by the Texans as an offensive assistant coach.

Matthews, who has known coach Gary Kubiak since they were teammates at the 1983 Hula Bowl, begins his coaching career at the ground level.

“We’re thrilled to have Bruce be part of our staff,” Kubiak said today. “Not only was he was one of the greatest players in history, I think the world of him as a person, too. I think it’s a great thing for the fans of this city to have one of their own be part of our organization.

“Bruce said he wanted to get into coaching and do the grunt work so he can learn from the ground level. We’ll give him a lot of things to do, including a lot of work with our running game preparations. We’re really excited about giving him this opportunity.”
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6284388.html

Nice.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #3
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bruce Matthews as assistant

Hey Bud, tell me how my azzz tastes!
Old 02-27-2009   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Unreal...........maybe he can produce a clone or 2!!!!!! Great move and certainly a player's coach.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bruce Matthews hired as Texans assistant

Here comes Clay 3!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #6
Polo

Wow.
Old 02-27-2009   #7
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice, indeed.

Bruce Matthews was everything one would want in a new coach, and as an example for the young guys to follow.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2009   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Here comes Clay 3!
Old 02-27-2009   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 90531 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Holy cow! This is very unexpected.

Maybe he can help reel in his Nephew.
Old 02-27-2009   #10
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25222 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 02-27-2009   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Hey Bud, tell me how my azzz tastes!
Great message to Bud and his Tita*s.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Brings back memories.

The Bruce Is Loose!

And this could definitely mean we're drafting Clay.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #13
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoa. Unexpected, and awesome.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #14
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

When it comes to credibility, winning is ultimately the only thing that matters, but I can't help but think this portends a big shift in the fortunes of the franchise. Having a former Oiler legend in the fold gives me chills.
Old 02-27-2009   #15
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Excellent move! What a great example Bruce is going to be for our OL.

With the 15th pick, the Texans select Matthews, LB out of USC.
Old 02-27-2009   #16
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“I can’t tell you how fired up I am about this,” Matthews said. “I love Houston, and I wanted to stay in Houston, and this gives me a chance to do that. I’ve been watching the Texans, and I think they’re on the brink of something special. I wanted to be part of it. I’m excited about where Mr. (Bob) McNair and Gary have this team headed. I want to help any way I can.”
Made. My. Day.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #17
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Oops, you must have beat me and TexasSeminole by a few seconds. Mods please merge or delete the other post on this.

This is great news. I wonder if this means we'll be drafting CM in the 1st rd now.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
When it comes to credibility, winning is ultimately the only thing that matters, but I can't help but think this portends a big shift in the fortunes of the franchise. Having a former Oiler legend in the fold gives me chills.
He did make it to a super bowl though.
Old 02-27-2009   #19
whiskeyrbl

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's bring in Carl Mauck too!!!
Old 02-27-2009   #20
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 24148 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

WOW!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read