Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-26-2009   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Grossman Romo's New Backup???

Brad Johnson was cut and this would make sense if he is willing to play backup. Of course anything but Brad Johnson sounds sexy.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...e-on-down.html

Quote:
With the Cowboys cutting Brad Johnson today, former Bears quarterback Rex Grossman expressed an interest in backing up Tony Romo.

"I would not be able to compete for the starting job there," Grossman told Sirius this afternoon. "My role would be to come in and back up. And if something were to happen to Tony there's no better offensive situation to be in in the league."

Nothing has transpired as yet between Grossman's agent and the Cowboys.

Here's more on what Grossman had to say about the Cowboys:

"They've got all the talent at running back, tight end, wide receiver, offensive line, coordinator. They've got everything in place that you'd want. Good weather, new stadium. I'm sure they are going to cover it if it is windy or cold. So that would be the ideal situation to back up. There may be a few others, I'm not sure, but that would be intriguing if I'm in a situation where I have to back up."

Is Rex Grossman a better backup than Brooks Bollinger? I would say so.
Old 02-26-2009   #2
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Grossman Romo's New Backup???

Rep
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Problem with Grossman as a backup is this: if Romo goes down does Grossman try to prove something or does he just play ball?

They don't need him out there throwing three picks every game.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #4
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
They don't need him out there throwing three picks every game.
It would be fun to watch though...
Old 02-27-2009   #5
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
It would be fun to watch though...
Yes sir! Quality entertainment.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read