Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-26-2009   #1
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Everyone tendered and a couple signings!

This story is at chron.com/sports... here it is:

The Texans extended qualifying offers to five third-year restricted free agents, including tight end Owen Daniels.

Daniels was extended the maximum, which means a team willing to sign him to an offer sheet must part with first- and third-round draft choices if the Texans don’t match.

Others being tendered were receiver David Anderson, offensive tackle Rashad Butler, defensive end Earl Cochran and tight end Joel Dreessen.

The Texans also signed free safety Eugene Wilson to a three-year contract and center Chris White to a one-year contract. The team also agreed to terms with defensive end Stanley McClover.

john.mcclain@chron.com

Last edited by dalemurphy; 02-26-2009 at 07:29 PM.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #2
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Everyone tendered and a couple signings!

I love it.

Hey Demeco, just an FYI but GM Rick Smith did have a lot to do the last two weeks.
Old 02-26-2009   #3
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Good stuff, got OD and DA sorted.

Thats one less thing to worry about.
mattieuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #4
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, this team is moving along. Love the direction we're going in. Can't wait for 12:01a and the draft!

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #5
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
Man, this team is moving along. Love the direction we're going in. Can't wait for 12:01a and the draft!
11:01 if you're in the central time zone!

I didn't actually realize that until like an hour ago, LOL.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #6
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
11:01 if you're in the central time zone!

I didn't actually realize that until like an hour ago, LOL.
Hehe, 3 hours 50 minutes and counting!

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #7
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

This could either be a real exciting free agency for us or really boring one...........
Old 02-26-2009   #8
Dapper
Veteran

Rep Power: 33 Dapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respected

Sweet! I will miss the draft though.......my oldest refuses to change his wedding. I need to check his man-card. I don't think he realizes what kind of a precident he's setting.
You can bet i'll have my earphones in.
Old 02-26-2009   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't like the Salaam move, but other than that, GREAT JOB!!!! I might be late for work tomorrow, watching the waiver wire.
Old 02-26-2009   #10
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

All in all a nice start to the night and free agency.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #11
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I didn't like the Salaam move, but other than that, GREAT JOB!!!! I might be late for work tomorrow, watching the waiver wire.
I think I'm with you, the moves so far are making a lot of sense.

Salaam was a borderline call, but I guess they have an eye to the future.
Old 02-26-2009   #12
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I think I'm with you, the moves so far are making a lot of sense.

Salaam was a borderline call, but I guess they have an eye to the future.
Salaam was not happy with losing his starting job to a rookie and he thought he could and should start. I hate to see him go because I was one of the few big supporters of him last year. I am ok with this move but i do hope a vet is signed.
Old 02-26-2009   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper View Post
Sweet! I will miss the draft though.......my oldest refuses to change his wedding. I need to check his man-card. I don't think he realizes what kind of a precident he's setting.
I think that's just cause for a dis-owning right there.

My problem is the draft usually happens around my wife's birthday. Luckily, she understands.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #14
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

My problem is the draft usually happens around my wife's birthday. Luckily, she understands.
Do you think he had a choice? Normally it is the wife and mother-N-law that makes that decision.
Old 02-26-2009   #15
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Salaam was not happy with losing his starting job to a rookie and he thought he could and should start. I hate to see him go because I was one of the few big supporters of him last year. I am ok with this move but i do hope a vet is signed.
DROB isn't happy with the FT, but it's best for the team. Salaam was kinda like Sage. I felt better knowing he was on the sideline. Take that however you want.
I feel that the team was better off with those guys on OUR sideline. It's not a sign of doom and gloom.
Old 02-26-2009   #16
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

I was on my honeymoon during the Mario Draft. We were in Vancouver. I woke up late after a long night out and turned on the TV - I am NOT making this up - I flipped through sports channel after sports channel and it was hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey and hockey. Finally I found hockey with a crawl at the bottom that said Houston picked Mario. Since I was in Canada and otherwise occupied, I had NO CLUE they had made the Mario pick public the day before - so it was a total shock to me. I expected Bush, but was hoping for a trade down and pickup of D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Never have I been more happy to have called that one wrong.

I wasn't mad though. I've always been a "build front to back" guy.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #17
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
DROB isn't happy with the FT, but it's best for the team. Salaam was kinda like Sage. I felt better knowing he was on the sideline. Take that however you want.
I feel that the team was better off with those guys on OUR sideline. It's not a sign of doom and gloom.
I agree. I think our o-line looked weaker every third drive (or whatever it was) when Salaam was in. Which means that Kubiak must believe Brown is ready to stay in full time?????
Old 02-26-2009   #18
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

DRob needs to suck it up and play like he did when he got here and the Texans will restructure, pay him but he needs to keep his dirty laundry in the laundry room or he will not last here. I love him when he hits like a linebacker but last year he lost a step in recovery. I am hoping as well as the Texans are hoping that he gets that step back.
Old 02-26-2009   #19
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
DRob needs to suck it up and play like he did when he got here and the Texans will restructure, pay him but he needs to keep his dirty laundry in the laundry room or he will not last here. I love him when he hits like a linebacker but last year he lost a step in recovery. I am hoping as well as the Texans are hoping that he gets that step back.
Amen, Brother.
Old 02-26-2009   #20
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
This story is at chron.com/sports... here it is:

The Texans extended qualifying offers to five third-year restricted free agents, including tight end Owen Daniels.

Daniels was extended the maximum, which means a team willing to sign him to an offer sheet must part with first- and third-round draft choices if the Texans don’t match.

Others being tendered were receiver David Anderson, offensive tackle Rashad Butler, defensive end Earl Cochran and tight end Joel Dreessen.

The Texans also signed free safety Eugene Wilson to a three-year contract and center Chris White to a one-year contract. The team also agreed to terms with defensive end Stanley McClover.

john.mcclain@chron.com
Anderson?!
Crap I was hoping we'd upgrade that #4 spot by letting him walk and making JJ $h!t or get off the pot in T/C. Anderson works his butt off but he's just too short. Kevin Walter he ain't.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read