Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-26-2009   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dockery cut by Bills

This should make him one of the top linemen out there

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3936197

Quote:
Offensive guard Derrick Dockery, who was signed to a seven-year, $49 million deal two years ago by the Buffalo Bills, was informed Thursday he is being released.

Dockery was one of the key prizes in the free agent class of 2007. His agent, Todd France, was able to get him a Steve Hutchinson-type package to leave the Washington Redskins for Buffalo. His seven-year, $49 million deal was the highest salary for a guard at the time.

During the first two years of the contract, Dockery was guaranteed $18.5 million. A change in offensive line coaches may have affected his status.

Dockery, who will go on the waiver wire at 4 p.m. ET, could go to the top of the free agent guard list in free agency.

The 28-year-old Dockery, who played in college at Texas, entered the league as third-round pick with the Redskins and has 77 career starts.

John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.
Old 02-26-2009   #2
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dockery cut by Bills

This is one of the reasons why I love the NFL and hope to God Almighty that it doesn't become like the MLB and NBA with guaranteed player contracts. If you don't produce in the NFL, you're gone. It may be unfair to the player, but it's great for the fans because it keeps players from dogging it and keeps the game competitive across the board.
Old 02-26-2009   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay. I'll bite. Let's sign him. Discuss.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Okay. I'll bite. Let's sign him. Discuss.
I don't think Guard is an a top area of need but I bet alot of teams are hot after him
Old 02-26-2009   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I don't think Guard is an a top area of need but I bet alot of teams are hot after him
After Pitts and Briesel, who do we have? Studdard and then who?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #6
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Agreed not a top need but one that could use replacement on Brisiel's side. Would rather draft a G though.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Chris White C/G, who's actually better than Studdard
Old 02-26-2009   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Not much. I just think Guard is a position they feel comfortable with with Pitts and Briesel and they sometimes feel they can plug other Tackles/Centers there if need be. I'm not saying O-line can't be a constant improvement but looking at need this off season I haven't heard them talk guard much and if they do it will be later in the draft. I think Dockery might command more than what we want to spend. However, I've read on the Cowboy blogs and on other team sites that the economy might be hurt NFL wise too and that, like baseball, some FA might sit longer than expected and get less money. I love FA and the draft so I'm for big signings, etc but realistically I don't see it happening. If they spend their money it will be D-line, backup QB and maybe backup RB or CBs

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 02-27-2009 at 07:41 AM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #9
Big Poundcake
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 Big Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden cover

I like him, but I think he would be expensive.
Big Poundcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #10
Dapper
Veteran

Rep Power: 33 Dapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see us pursuing him. Our focus should be defense for once. If we spend any money on free agency, it should be to entice a difference maker to give our defense an identity. We need someone like Ray Lewis , but that's not gonna happpen. We just need that type attitude and I don't think there is a rookie out there can give us that.
Old 02-27-2009   #11
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

From what I read elsewhere, the Skins are looking at him. I guess with the zillion dollars they have spent so far, whats another 40 million or so.. I guess Snyder is trying to outdo Jimmy....funny thing, both teams still won't achieve the ring!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read