Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-25-2009   #1
Big Poundcake
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 Big Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden cover
Default OT Alex Boone Ohio st.

Probably a late round steal for someone.

I think the Texans should look at him with one of their later picks.

He has a lot of talent, but under achieved his Sr. year.I think Gibbs could do good things with him.

With us cutting Salaam, I think he would be a good fit. He is a RT, but I think he can play OG and even play LT if he dedicates himself to the game.

He is around 6'7 and weighs 328.

I think some team is going to get a steal with him.
Big Poundcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #2
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OT Alex Boone Ohio st.

He gave Orakpo a hard time in the Fiesta Bowl...He's had multible knee injuries so he would have to be checked out thoroughly...and then some...projected as a 6th-7th rounder...interesting prospect
Old 02-25-2009   #3
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79098 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't he an alchy too?

I thought he had a few DUIs and is a general screwup
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #4
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Don't know how much this incident will hurt him...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3880023

Quote:
ALISO VIEJO, Calif. -- Ohio State offensive lineman Alex Boone was arrested after being subdued with a Taser during an alleged drunken tirade, authorities said Monday.

Boone, 21, was taken into custody late Sunday for investigation of resisting arrest after Orange County sheriff's deputies responded to a disturbance call outside of a home in Aliso Viejo.

When they arrived, the 6-foot-8, 312-pound tackle had been jumping on car hoods, yanking on a tow truck cable and trying to break a window, said sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino.

Boone ran away from deputies and was found hiding underneath a patio, authorities said. Boone was combative and uncooperative and had to be taken down with a stun gun, Amormino said.

"He was yelling obscenities at deputies and had a strong smell of alcohol," Amormino said. "His blood-alcohol level was at least three times the legal amount."
Old 02-27-2009   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a Texans type of player. Cant see them wasting their time with him.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post

Ran away from police? Maybe he could be our power back in red zone. I liked him last season but he decided not to come out. Too many ? for me now.
Old 02-27-2009   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post

I think this has been an ongoing battle for him .
Old 02-28-2009   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well part of the problem is that Gibbs, the mushroom king, doesn't interact with the media. Kubiak is the mouth of the club . And what we have when it opens is ay shucks coach speak. So they love buttler. Beyond that we don't know. I'm assuming, they will target an o-lineman some where in the off season. One thing about him he will be versatile.
Old 02-28-2009   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Well part of the problem is that Gibbs, the mushroom king, doesn't interact with the media. Kubiak is the mouth of the club . And what we have when it opens is ay shucks coach speak.
if you think kubiak is bad (i dont- i think he knows what he wants to say and is pretty clear compared to others).. go watch bra childress- went onto the vikes site to see sages interview and they had him on too and the only word for it is PAINFUL.. long pauses mid sentence, coachspeak, awkwardness etc
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

The only problem I have with Kubiak is that no information comes out. You got Gibbs who believes the media is the most loathsome creatures on the face of the earth, and is under Kubiak's edict not to talk to the press.

Now, on one level, the other thirty one clubs don't have a clue what we are doing. On our level...we don't have a clue what they think of the back ups....nor this rookie class. We're all guessing. Including John McClain.
Old 02-28-2009   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
The only problem I have with Kubiak is that no information comes out. You got Gibbs who believes the media is the most loathsome creatures on the face of the earth, and is under Kubiak's edict not to talk to the press.

Now, on one level, the other thirty one clubs don't have a clue what we are doing. On our level...we don't have a clue what they think of the back ups....nor this rookie class. We're all guessing. Including John McClain.
And that's a good thing.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

agreed
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #13
LZ
Veteran

Rep Power: 5396 LZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Poundcake View Post
Probably a late round steal for someone.

I think the Texans should look at him with one of their later picks.

He has a lot of talent, but under achieved his Sr. year.I think Gibbs could do good things with him.

With us cutting Salaam, I think he would be a good fit. He is a RT, but I think he can play OG and even play LT if he dedicates himself to the game.

He is around 6'7 and weighs 328.

I think some team is going to get a steal with him.

Yuck!
LZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZ View Post
Yuck!
LZ ... I'm picking for the Cowboys in the Texans talk mock ( you can have them if you want ) and believe he'd be a perfect fit for theboyz because he's already had scrapes with the law .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read