Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-25-2009   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default [CHRONIC] Texans seek QB who’s the right fit

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6279451.html

Quote:
Candidates to replace Rosenfels may be Detroit’s Dan Orlovsky, Chicago’s Rex Grossman, Cincinnati’s Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tampa Bay’s Jeff Garcia and Denver’s Patrick Ramsey.

A personal favorite would be Tennessee’s Chris Simms. If the Texans signed him, he could be reunited with his best friend from the University of Texas, offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan. Then we could write some more about the matching tattoos they got in Austin.

Simms, though, is expected to re-sign with the Titans. Too bad.
Click on the above link for the rest of the article....

Would like either Garcia or Simms here.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [CHRONIC] Texans seek QB who’s the right fit

I'd like to give Damon Huard a look. He's a capable vet
Old 02-25-2009   #3
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I say HAIL NAH to Simms...period. Couldn't they have gone after Carr for a backup????

A vet like Garcia would be better.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #4
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd say Garcia or Fitzpatrick from that list + later round draft pick would do just fine.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #5
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6279451.html

Click on the above link for the rest of the article....

Would like either Garcia or Simms here.
I too would love Garcia, But I don't think he believes in clipboards and cheerin' at the same time. He wants to start. He wont get to start nor compete for the starting job here in Houston. This is Schaubs team. Simms would be interesting, though I'm not so sure Jeff Fisher lets him go.

Last edited by rarazz00; 02-25-2009 at 08:03 AM.
rarazz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #6
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected

Any chance we can get Bucky Richardson?
Old 02-25-2009   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarazz00 View Post
I reckon we could pry Giff Nielsen away from channel 11 news for a couple bucks. Oliver Luck maybe?
Old 02-25-2009   #8
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Wonder why he doesn't mention Losman?

I'd go after Losman, Simms, and Plummer if he decides to come back.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #9
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Wonder why he doesn't mention Losman?

I'd go after Losman, Simms, and Plummer if he decides to come back.

It was an empty article. Those were the names that popped into his head. That's all there is to it. I appreciate some of what McClain does, but the lazy journalism that I see from him really annoys me sometimes.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #10
marv800
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 marv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden cover

Oh my God...
Orlovsky, Grossman, Simms?

What a ragtag bunch of losers!

Why didnt we just keep Carr to return punts and backup as QB?
marv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #11
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv800 View Post
Oh my God...
Orlovsky, Grossman, Simms?

What a ragtag bunch of losers!

Why didnt we just keep Carr to return punts and backup as QB?
What did you expect?

This board was not exactly excited about Sage Rosenfels a few years back.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #12
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bring back Commander Cody!!

Of those listed, I would like to have Garcia, but I don't think that will happen. Fitzpatrick seems to have some luck at Reliant so he would be my second choice.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I'd like to give Damon Huard a look. He's a capable vet
I don't think Kubiak wants someone that old and slow.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #14
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I too would love Garcia, But I don't think he believes in clipboards and cheerin' at the same time. He wants to start. He wont get to start nor compete for the starting job here in Houston. This is Schaubs team. Simms would be interesting, though I'm not so sure Jeff Fisher lets him go.
Again, not necessarily true...and he might find Schaub's tendency to get hurt appealing because he will get to play some. The problem with him is this system where throwing it downfield is a key. That isn't his strong suit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3911129

Quote:
"I do feel like I have football life in me,'' Garcia said. "I feel I can still contribute. I'm not sure what my role will be with another team. I'm not looking at it like I need to start and be the man ... Hopefully, I'll have some opportunities out there. I'm pretty sure there's going to be something out there for me
Old 02-25-2009   #15
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

I would take Patrick Ramsey or Chris Simms they are very capable players and they both have been in the west coast offense so it wouldn't be a big issue for them to transition into our offense.
PHAROAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Patrick Ramsey has been pretty good and does have a knowledge of this offense. Another named mention when the Sage trade was going down has been Brian Griese. He's been pretty good in this offense before.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Garcia threw a huuuuge temper tantrum when Gruden pulled him from the starting lineup.

How did Jeff suddenly find this "inner peace" to be satisfied with the possibility of being a backup, as he said recently?

Complicated he is.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #18
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't really care who it is I just want a veteran who is capable of doing what is needed in the offense without melting down. They also need to understand their role as backup and not press for the starting job.

I'm not a big fan of Chris Simms for us. I like him in Tennessee which is where I wish he would've stayed committed to in college. He's fits the choke artist mold that Tennessee needs.

I am intrigued by the idea that Jake Plummer might come out of retirement long as the beard doesn't come with him.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #19
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Complicated he is.
GP is actually Yoda?

Old 02-25-2009   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
GP is actually Yoda?

Yoda I am not.

It is fun, though, to talk like Yoda every now and then. Stress reliever it is.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read