Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2005   #21
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Why couldn't we have left Pitts at LT and train Wand to play LG so that only 1 person was learning from scratch instead of 2. LT is the toughest position to play on the OL and Pitts was really improving and looking to become a good one.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005   #22
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID Send a message via Yahoo to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID

I think Wand needs to work on his feet work a little more this offseason.....thats his only major problem. He can deal with the DE coming off the line, but when the DE turns or spins inside, he goes brain dead. If he can fix that he will be fine.

Somebody mentioned McKinney not being able to block the stronger NTs, when we go up against some of the bigger lines, thats when we have had our worst games. Shuan Rogers destroyed McKinney in Detriot, Gerald Warren had his way as well during the last game of the season.

Weighert I thought has never been the answer, he just brought him here I thought to kind of plug up the bleeding of this OL after the first season. Well he did his job, now its time to get somebody else in to do the job better. Weigert plays to much up high and gets blown off the line when playing the faster DTs.

If we can find a C and especially a RG, I think that is our biggest concern is upgrading the RG position, Then this line I think will be fine. Too many times this season I have seen Carr having to back pedal and scramble because of pressure up the middle and not being able to step up and make the throw.
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005   #23
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

What about the penalties.Is it talent,scheme, are we to nice ,are we not the sharpest tools in the shed.
Maybe our center is a guard our left side are projects from small schools.Maybe this is as good as it gets with this group. If the Texans draft an OL person at 13 they agree.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005   #24
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 223543 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
What about the penalties.
Penalties are annoying and improvement should always be a goal, but the Texans were in the top third of the NFL this year in least offensive penalties--it is all relative.
Old 01-16-2005   #25
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID Send a message via Yahoo to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID

After the Colts game today.................BACK OFF OF WAND.

I know everybody has been saying how bad of a job that Wand did of Freeney.......but after watching him today up against Matt Light, I don't know if anybody can stop this guy. Light had such a hard time stopping him from coming inside, I thought I was watching Wand out there. I had thought of Light coming into the game as maybe the most underrated LT in the NFL, and Freeney made a laughing stock of him. We are just going to have to deal with Freeney twice a year, I don't care if we have Oblegen back there playing LT, heck I think in that Sunday night game Freeney made him a laughing stock too.
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005   #26
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I really liked your assessment of Brad Hopkins. I should mention that Tennessee usually has one of the better ground games in the league, and from what I remember the left side of that line used to be Eddie George's favorite side to run at. Brad Hopkins is getting up there in age but that isn't the reason he will be released. Dude can still play and his contract is really the only thing that is going to keep him out of Tenn. Having Brad Hopkins there makes for two big lineman on the left side and perhaps can allow Pitts to help out Mckinney more. Also Hopkins pass blocking is just as good as his run blocking. I wouldn't mind them getting Hopkins, even if only for a few years.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read