Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2005   #1
MomCarr8

Lightbulb To The Fan’s…This One’s for YOU!!

Here's to all the True Blue Texan Fan’s…and you know who you are! We, the Carr Family wish to express our deepest and warmest “Thank You” for all your gestures of kindness during the past two weeks. The beer incident at the stadium, on game day, was definitely not an indication of how our true Houston Texan’s fans behave. The cards, letters and posted comments on this board have taken, what was meant to be a mean spirited, cowardly act and turned it around to something truly amazing. Houston is a great town, with wonderful, down to earth people in it; we experience it on a daily basis. During the past 3 years, the FAN’S have been nothing less than “jubilant, respectful” people who are always ready with a smile or politely handshake. Living in a bubble has its challenges, as you may imagine, but from our view, you have made our transition a smooth one. As a whole, Houstonians are a people devoted to this fine city and their TEXAN’S.

This recent unpleasant incident will in no way hamper our trust in the “good in all people” if it did, the world would be a scary place to live. As David’s devoted mother, my heart was truly touched to see the outpouring of support and affection that you, the fans have shown my son David and his beautiful, loving wife Melody. They have been in awe and so appreciative of every card and letter. No one can promise that games like the last will never happen again, because football is a game that can bring your emotions to their highest highs and lowest lows in a matter of seconds. What we can promise to each other, is to be responsible and respectful and to try and make sure that everyone who passes through the gates of Reliant Stadium will experience something impressive! Let’s strive toward that goal, so visitors leave knowing, as we do, that Houston has the BEST FANS in the NFL! David is a fan himself who loves the game and wants so desperately to bring a championship home to Mr. McNair and Houston. He’s a proud man, very determined who works extremely hard at what he does, to achieve that very goal. This is an exciting time for Houston, as our young team begins to head into the future with dreams of many championships yet to come. There is work to be done, but so much to look forward to, as we go onward, “LOUD & PROUD” eager and enthusiastic!

Thank you once again, from the bottom of our hearts. Your expressions, no matter the size have meant so much. I am putting together a scrap book of all the wonderful cards and letters you’ve sent, for David and Melody to keep. It will be a constant reminder to them & our family of “unity and true kindness”. As the years go by, one day many years from now, David will pass the torch and it is this mother's highest wish, that my son will look back with fond memories of his career here in Houston and that he will leave behind a legacy that you, Houston and he can be proud of. Our family has much to be thankful for, as we anxiously await the arrival of David & Melody's new baby Carr…he will be our 5th grandbaby since moving to Houston. It must be something in this Texas water? We’ll keep you posted! A special thanks to my personal friend Sandy (She Texan) for all her support and friendship, she is what the word FAN stands for and a great friend! Thanks to you Vincent, for all your help and for being so accommodating to me and our family in posting this “Thank You”.

God Bless You All & God Bless TEXAS!

MomCarr8, David & Melody and the entire Carr family

Old 01-13-2005   #2
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, very impressive that you took the time to write that great letter. Thank you so much, we appreciate all that your son, and your family, has done for this city.

Best wishes to all of the Carr family during the New Year, and GO TEXANS!
Old 01-14-2005   #3
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

It took a lot of class to keep this sort of thing fairly "internal", as the few people that engage in this sort of behavior does not represent the average Texans fan, or average Houstonian. I hope that whoever was responsible for it was dealt with.

Old 01-14-2005   #4
fresno8
Veteran

It was a privelage watching Dave play at Fresno State and it's a privelage watching him play now. I know how classy Dave and all of you are, your're all first class. Thank you for the well writen response. I wish you, Dave and the rest of your family the best. God bless and Go Texans
Old 01-14-2005   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

You gotta love the Carr family. Your family may not have originated in Texas, but im proud that I can call you Texans. We couldnt have asked for a better "first family" for this franchise. Thank you so much for your response, and the reassurance that the acts of a few fools did not sour yall to our city.

Cant wait for next season

(P.S. I hope David is pushing for some offensive line help.. we all want his career here to be long and injury free)
Old 01-14-2005   #6
whotex8
Rookie

Thank you for taking the time to post your message, Mom Carr. It means a great deal to me, and I'm sure other fans as well, that you take the time to post a message such as this. I am so proud to have David as the leader of our franchise. I'm extremely proud of the job that David has done in representing our Houston Texans and the city as a whole. I personally feel that when the choice was made for David to lead our team, it was the right, and a great choice. I'm proud of our achievements as a team, and David's as well. David is a class act all the way...and that includes the entire Carr family.
I look forward to next year when we make it into the playoffs. I am confident that David, along with our much improved Texans team will take it to the next level next year. If disappointment is expressed on this website from time to time, it is out of frustration (as David himself has expressed publicly). This team has come so far in such a short time that we tend to lose sight of how young it really is. They are playing like a playoff team at times.
God willing, David and our entire Texans team will stay healthy and avoid injuries and will take us into Playoffs and eventually to Superbowl heights in the near future.
If we haven't said it before...."Welcome to Houston, Carr Family. We are proud to have you", and we hope that David and the entire family are here to stay.
And yes....Houston Fans, (as does the Carr fam) we do have alot of class. And don't think that the rest of the world doesn't notice......I was a volunteer on the Superbowl committee and heard nothing but praise from all of the visitors I met. Houston made a lasting impression. A GREAT ONE!

THANK YOU,
DAVID AND MELODY
MOM AND POP CARR
and all of the CARR-lettes
Old 01-14-2005   #7
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan

You are a classy family ,and I want to thank you for making football exciting for me again.
Old 01-14-2005   #8
redlion
Rookie

I'm glad the real fans stepped up and showed the Carr family what houston's all about.
Best wishes to the Carr family and hope to see David doing great things on the feild in the time to come.
Old 01-14-2005   #9
TexanDave
Veteran

Rep Power: 880 TexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for taking the time to write the letter and I am glad that you realize that incident is not a representation of how all fans feel. Yes we get upset with David at times when things don't go as we would like, but he is the leader of our team and with that comes the target for alot of the blame when our team loses. I am impressed by the way David has handled this situation and not made it openly public. That shows a great sign of maturity and I am confident he will be the man that brings Houston its first Lombardi Trophy.
Old 01-14-2005   #10
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 23884 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

"Let’s strive toward that goal, so visitors leave knowing, as we do, that Houston has the BEST FANS in the NFL! David is a fan himself who loves the game and wants so desperately to bring a championship home to Mr. McNair and Houston"

Pfft.... who need's Mrs. McNabb and her soup peddling? We've got the classy mom who posts spectacular threads!!!! Thanks for the note MomCarr8, all the best to you and your family. :texanprid
Old 01-14-2005   #11
crazy4u310
Rookie

Default Confused?

What beer incident are we talking about? I never get to know all the stuff about the Texans being here in NJ. I think i need to move.
Old 01-14-2005   #12
Txnpride
Veteran

Now I know where David gets his great attitutde....from his mom!!!If you havent already,please send a copy of your post to the Chronical so the rest of the world can see what type of family the Carrs are....very classy on your part momma Carr.I sent an email to your sons site,(The tues. after the incident)I stand by what I offered.It was sent under Fishhunter1265@aol.com.God Bless,Melody and family will be in my prayers on the the new arrival.Are you looking to adopt?????I will put myself on the market if so.I am house broken and everything!!!! LOL Take care. Joe
Old 01-14-2005   #13
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 23884 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4u310
What beer incident are we talking about? I never get to know all the stuff about the Texans being here in NJ. I think i need to move.
Go here but let's not discuss again. That "person" (who I wouldn't classify as a "fan") shouldn't get so much air time.
Old 01-14-2005   #14
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

MomCarr, & the entire Carr family -- THANK YOU for the response. I know it makes many of us feel better about knowing you think that this one bad apple does not represent us as a whole... although, due to the classiness of your family, we assumed this to be true anyway.

This post just proves even more how blessed we are to have your family in our great city. We want nothing but the best for you and your family. No matter what happens on the football field...David has proven to be a hard working, loyal, talented, football loving, passionate, family man.

Thats EXACTLY who I want leading my team.

THANKS AGAIN! AND GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2005   #15
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the great post MomCarr. Class all the way.

De Oppresso Liber
Old 01-14-2005   #16
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Its easy

As fans we need to keep things in mind.The players and their families are people.What they do on the field does'nt entitle the fan to lash out physically against them or their family.Verbal abuse if its not G rated is unacceptable to.
To the person who threw the beer.I just wish it was'nt Melody Carr you hit but Ron Artest.
Old 01-14-2005   #17
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

We always had love & respect for our HoustonTexans, But now realize the magnitude of our "LOVE and RESPECT" ! WOW!

Go TEXANS
Old 01-14-2005   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

I'll say it again. With guys like Carr, Andre J, Wong, and Kris Brown, we have one of the classiest NFL teams I've ever seen.

Makes me proud to be an athletic supporter (bbbboooooo!) :-)

Thanks Mrs. Carr, and Grandma as always!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 01-14-2005   #19
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Wow, that's about all I've got to say.
Old 01-14-2005   #20
Shotgun30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
Wow, that's about all I've got to say.
I will second that.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read