Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-23-2009   #1
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan
Default Texans to shop Jacoby Jones for a pick?

per Bob Allen ABC 13

"Texans are not happy with his attitude"

"Not gonna be one of their top 4 receivers"

What will it take to move him?

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans to shop Jacoby Jones for a pick?

Supply and demand. This draft is loaded with WR talent. He was selected in the 3rd round as a young, inexperienced WR with a lot of upside... he was a project. Doesn't look like we want to finish the project, will another team? If so what would they be willing to give up... 3rd, 4th, 5th?

There are some teams that could use WR help but I can't see Jacoby getting traded before draft day unless its for something low. Smart move for teams in need would be to see how the draft plays out. Maybe it could turn into a draft day trade... we should be talking to some teams at the Combine. If their WR gets selected and we see a player we want dropping maybe a deal gets done.

I'd be more than supportive of this. One thing's for sure... he's gonna make Kubiak grow some gray hairs if he stays around.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard

Last edited by Ole Miss Texan; 02-23-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #3
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jacoby Jones days my be numbered.....

According to Bob Allen on channel 13 tonight. He said that Jacoby Jones days are numbered and the Texans are looking to move him before the draft and get a draft pick for him. Bob Allen said they Texans are tired of his fumbling problem and his maturity. Also they know he won't break the top 4 WR on this team.

Sorry, no link to this. Like I said, I saw this on the news tonight.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #4
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones days my be numbered.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
According to Bob Allen on channel 13 tonight. He said that Jacoby Jones days are numbered and the Texans are looking to move him before the draft and get a draft pick for him. Bob Allen said they Texans are tired of his fumbling problem and his maturity. Also they know he won't break the top 4 WR on this team.

Sorry, no link to this. Like I said, I saw this on the news tonight.
I'm mixed on this decision but I'm thrilled to see the team making moves and decisions with such conviction. It seems clear that they have an agenda and it's about to be worked out!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #5
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

He is a really tough one to figure out. He can make a huge play and be great one day and then fumble the next. He is too streaky. Looking at what we could have done, there were not a lot of better options. The player I liked, Jason Hill hasn't done a whole lot in his nfl career, so...

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #6
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ had some very good moments, though he's had worse ones that overshadow his accomplishments...I do get tired of holding my breath when the opposing team punts the ball....
Old 02-23-2009   #7
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

If they can get a 5th round pick for him in this deep of a draft, I'd consider that a reasonable deal. Boy, he and Jerome Mathis are really following similar career paths, huh.
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2009   #8
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarazz00 View Post
JJ had some very good moments, though he's had worse ones that overshadow his accomplishments...I do get tired of holding my breath when the opposing team punts the ball....
Here's my chant that I yell over and over during every single punt return:

"don't fumble, don't fumble, don't fumble, don't fumble, hold on to it!"
Old 02-23-2009   #9
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Hmm...if he is traded....4 seats will open up in section 115 row A.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #10
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

what did JJ do as of recently to warrant being traded? i dont see any reason to give up on a guy so young so soon unless another team was bowling us over with a trade offer of draft picks
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #11
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would miss the excitement every time he was about to return a kick:

Will he get a TD!?!?
or
Will he fumble it!?!?
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #12
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Come on guys. It's clear now. They are for sure drafting Maclin. Can't believe nobody has made the connection.

dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #13
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I kept hoping JJ would grow up this year, but that doesn't appear to be happening any time soon. Really too bad - he had such promise. This is probably a pretty good move as with JJ, you just never know what you are going to get at any given punt. I got nervous every time he walked on the field.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #14
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Here's my chant that I yell over and over during every single punt return:

"don't fumble, don't fumble, don't fumble, hey where's JJs mama sittin' today, don't fumble, don't fumble, hold on to it!"
fixed it for you
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #15
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
what did JJ do as of recently to warrant being traded? i dont see any reason to give up on a guy so young so soon unless another team was bowling us over with a trade offer of draft picks
I can't tell if this is sarcastic, so I will treat it as if it is not. He is an all or nothing kind of returner: big return or dancing/fumbling. How many times have we cowered if there was a punt. I know I have been terrified of hom dropping the ball on the ground.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 02-23-2009   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just to clarify things, how many fumbles did he actually have during the 2008 season? Im not talking bobbles or close calls, I'm talking actual fumbles. I dont see it listed on ESPN
Old 02-23-2009   #17
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones days my be numbered.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I'm mixed on this decision but I'm thrilled to see the team making moves and decisions with such conviction. It seems clear that they have an agenda and it's about to be worked out!
Me too, but it is a little scary! I almost feel like we are going backwards. I understand starting fresh, but when Im reading Sage, Weaver, Jones ... yikes!

They obviously have a plan that they are not sharing with us (the NERVE!), the cap money being freed up sure does make one wonder
Old 02-23-2009   #18
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I can't tell if this is sarcastic, so I will treat it as if it is not. He is an all or nothing kind of returner: big return or dancing/fumbling. How many times have we cowered if there was a punt. I know I have been terrified of hom dropping the ball on the ground.
I can't agree with you more!! He scares the hell out of me when he is back there as a punt returner and if he can't beat out a 7th round draft pick in David Anderson, then its time to move on!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #19
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Come on guys. It's clear now. They are for sure drafting Maclin. Can't believe nobody has made the connection.

Can you say Quan Cosby in the 6th or 7th?!

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 02-23-2009   #20
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post

If something goes down, Maclin's value definitely just skyrocketed for us. I really really want to solidify our Defense but I'd take the pick of Maclin. I heard he hyperextended his knee today. Is that true? If so, I don't know the longterm effects or recovery time but It sounds somewhat serious.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read