Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-23-2009   #1
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Enraged by the NFL Network

I have a hard time watching the Combine on the NFL Network because every once in awhile they cut away to Charley Casserly and I want to hurl large objects at my TV. I seriously cannot stand that guy, his New Yaawk accent, the dead possum he calls a haircut or his "commentary."

I pretty much howl at my TV about how much CC sucks whenever he's on...is this level of hatred normal? Should I seek therapy?

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #2
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Enraged by the NFL Network

Just like Lions fan when Matt Millen comes on to dish out his expert views.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #3
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd happily put up with CC if I could actually have NFL Network, heh.

But yeah - that would grate on my nerves.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
Just like Lions fan when Matt Millen comes on to dish out his expert views.
Lion fans take it a step futher though....

This is what the Detroit affiliate scrolled while broadcasting the SB...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=885Nyz_Y9xE

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #5
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post

Now that is some brutal truth.
Old 02-23-2009   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
I have a hard time watching the Combine on the NFL Network because every once in awhile they cut away to Charley Casserly and I want to hurl large objects at my TV. I seriously cannot stand that guy, his New Yaawk accent, the dead possum he calls a haircut or his "commentary."

I pretty much howl at my TV about how much CC sucks whenever he's on...is this level of hatred normal? Should I seek therapy?
For some really strange reason, I actually enjoy watching him. I guess it's like some abusive relationship where you get abused but still stay with that person? Hahaha... shoot. I gotta go now... gotta try and find my dignity.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #7
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I want him to stay in the spotlight and eventually get another GM gig.

It can only help the Texans with someone like Casserly running another NFL franchise.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2009   #8
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like ol' Charlie on the Network. He's good for both Networks, CBS and NFL. He's a great speaker and has very good insight of the game. Now with that said, he wasn't a good GM w/ us, though he did get us some very good picks, and yes we know abaut Babin and P. Buc and all the others. I feel that Broadcasting is what may be his calling, not so much the GM gig..
Old 02-23-2009   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe some don't like to admit it, but our best Draft without question came when Casserly was still GM. And actually GM Smiths Drafts (and his Free Agency), have been inferior. On the other hand, Casserly made a whole bunch of horrible FA acquisitions himself.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Maybe some don't like to admit it, but our best Draft without question came when Casserly was still GM. And actually GM Smiths Drafts (and his Free Agency), have been inferior. On the other hand, Casserly made a whole bunch of horrible FA acquisitions himself.
Casserly was GM in name only that 2006 draft. Kubiak was the one calling the shots

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #11
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

I kind of enjoy watching him too. Every time I see him I thank my lucky stars that he got canned. Just take whatever info he has with a grain of salt to say the least.
Old 02-24-2009   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

There needs to be a book from an "insider" written about the Texans 2006 Draft. I'd buy two copies.

Who were the ones for MArio?
Who was the one that said to pick Demeco? - I recently (today heard Johnny Holland)
What about Spencer, Winston?
Daniels? Brilliant pick- I've heard Casserly loved him.
The Moulds trade?.... booooo
Anderson- that looked like a Kubiak pick to me and well worth it.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
I seriously cannot stand that guy, his New Yaawk accent, the dead possum he calls a haircut or his "commentary."
LOL, I can't stand CC either however he has a New England accent not NY. The NE accent is more arrogant, snooty sounding. The NY accent is more whiny.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #14
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
There needs to be a book from an "insider" written about the Texans 2006 Draft. I'd buy two copies.

Who were the ones for MArio?
Who was the one that said to pick Demeco? - I recently (today heard Johnny Holland)
What about Spencer, Winston?
Daniels? Brilliant pick- I've heard Casserly loved him.
The Moulds trade?.... booooo
Anderson- that looked like a Kubiak pick to me and well worth it.
2006 draft and last years draft were the best in this franchise's history. I would give the 2006 draft the edge..of course ihave written a couple of Charlie Casserly was right threads. If I remember correctly he recommended the Texans should take Slaton on the NFLN and then after wards he said he would have a good year....Hmmm is he still pulling strings around here?
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #15
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Casserly was GM in name only that 2006 draft. Kubiak was the one calling the shots
Depends on who you believe. I've read reputable sources that say Casserly is the guy who talked Kubiak and McNair into taking Mario over Bush - and the huge financial gulf between Bush and the Texans was the tiebreaker that made the team take Mario.

Another interesting thing is that the majority thought Mario was Casserly's pick when Mario wasn't playing well... then suddenly the majority said it was Kubiak's pick when things got better.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #16
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Depends on who you believe. I've read reputable sources that say Casserly is the guy who talked Kubiak and McNair into taking Mario over Bush - and the huge financial gulf between Bush and the Texans was the tiebreaker that made the team take Mario.
I agree, Mario is here because of Casserly. And I'm thankful for it.

Old 02-24-2009   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:

OMG that is freakin' AWESOME!!! We really need our CBS affiliate to do that for Cass. Wow, that's the best thing I've seen in a long time.
Old 02-24-2009   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Whenever I see Casserly I always catch myself looking around for Larry and Curly. I know they can't be far away.
Old 02-24-2009   #19
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Rep rep rep rep rep!!!!!
Old 02-24-2009   #20
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I seem to remember CC pimping Bush all the way to draft day. Was that just a smoke screen?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read