Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 02-23-2009   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Thank you And An Annoucement

I want to thank everyone who came out to support the Gary J. Lynn Foundation. Everyone worked so hard and I wish everyone could have come in first place. Dr. Aisen said she had such a good time and was happy to have met everyone.
Cerebral Palsy International is flying my mom and me to New York City on Thursday and I am being honored by CPI at the Plaza Hotel on Sunday night. I was named Ambassador for CP. I have not told everyone but thanks to Texecutioner and his gilrfriend Stacie, who is now a good friend of mine, I was invited to present my foundation to Stacie's company. They made a very generous donation and I have now raised, with everyone's help close to $14,000.
Thank you all and Jeremy, I am going to put you and your wife to work soon. I appreciate all that everyone has given to me. I am also so lucky to have Eric. If anyone has any ideas for fundraiser where everyone comes out happy, please let me know. Our motorcycle ride with City Line Cycles will be April 19th. If you know people who do these rides let me know and I will send the names to Rich.

Last edited by gary; 02-23-2009 at 10:22 PM.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #2
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thank you And An Annoucement

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I want to thank everyone who came out to support the Gary J. Lynn Foundation. Everyone worked so hard and I wish everyone could have come in first place. Dr. Aisen said she had such a good time and was happy to have met everyone.
Cerebral Palsy International is flying my mom and me to New York City on Thursday and I am being honored by CPI at the Plaza Hotel on Sunday night. I was named Ambassador for CP. I have not told everyone but thanks to Texacutioner and his gilrfriend Stacie, who is now a good friend of mine, I was invited to present my foundation to Stacie's company. They made a very generous donation and I have now raised, with everyone's help close to $14,000.
Thank you all and Jeremy, I am going to put you and your wife to work soon. I appreciate all the everyone has given to me. I am also so lucky to have Eric. If anyone has any ideas for fundraiser where everyone comes out happy, please let me know. Our motorcycle ride with City Line Cycles will be April 19th. If you know people who do there rides let me know and I will send the names to Rich.
Gary, congrats on being named an abassador for cp and congrats on the sucess of your foundation!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank you. It's do to all the great people on TT that have made the foundation successful. Dr. Aisen could not get over what great friends I have.

Last edited by gary; 02-23-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-23-2009   #4
kermit
Veteran

Rep Power: 554 kermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, Gary you really are blessed to have such supportive and wonderful friends.
TO ALL OF YOU
kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #5
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow Gary, what an honor!!!! You need to be so proud. I am just thrilled for you, have a great time in the Big Apple. Maybe you can say hi to David Carr while you are there.
Old 02-23-2009   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

What an honor Gary!! You deserve it, and I'm so happy for you! Enjoy the Big Apple, one of my fav city's to visit! Have a GREAT time and take lots of pics!!

Gma
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92829 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cerebral Palsy International is flying my mom and me to New York City on Thursday and I am being honored by CPI at the Plaza Hotel on Sunday night. I was named Ambassador for CP. I have not told everyone but thanks to Texacutioner and his gilrfriend Stacie, who is now a good friend of mine, I was invited to present my foundation to Stacie's company. They made a very generous donation and I have now raised, with everyone's help close to $14,000.
Thank you all and Jeremy, I am going to put you and your wife to work soon. I appreciate all the everyone has given to me. I am also so lucky to have Eric. If anyone has any ideas for fundraiser where everyone comes out happy, please let me know. Our motorcycle ride with City Line Cycles will be April 19th. If you know people who do there rides let me know and I will send the names to Rich.
I completely forgot to mention that to you the other day in person Gary.

I had a strong feeling if we had gotten you guys before the committee that you would steal the show, and you got it!
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2009   #8
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow Gary ,that's great news .

Hey ... Tmac's not busy maybe he can go with you .
Old 02-23-2009   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

He needs to go to NY, to the Knicks. He may cry there.
Old 02-23-2009   #10
FILO_Doc
Veteran

Rep Power: 42 FILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Wow Gary, what an honor!!!! You need to be so proud. I am just thrilled for you, have a great time in the Big Apple. Maybe you can say hi to David Carr while you are there.

For all of you that don't know Gary has been and still is an avid DAVID CARR FAN I am sure he will be looking him up---------GOTCHA GARY
Old 02-23-2009   #11
gary
Hall of Fame

If I find him I will bring him back for all of you to see.
Old 02-24-2009   #12
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary it was a privelidge to help you and I know you will have fun in New York. Just do not bring David Carr back here cause i do not want to see him.
Old 02-24-2009   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

Well, you might just end up seeing him again any way.
Old 02-25-2009   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 298506 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Great news, Gary!
Old 03-02-2009   #15
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well If I have too then I will wear a blindfold
Old 03-03-2009   #16
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

A little green froggie told me you were back. Please fill us in on your trip, and did you get to see any snow???
Old 03-03-2009   #17
kermit
Veteran

Rep Power: 554 kermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll just put my 2 cents here. Gary and his brother saw a snowstorm and loved every minute of it. No doubt you will hear about it sometime today and he will have pics to show "you guys" as they say in NY.
kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #18
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Gary, still waiting on the NY update!!!!

Hope to hear you had a great time!
Old 03-04-2009   #19
gary
Hall of Fame

The trip was great. I went all over NY. I was on TV. We went to the Early Show and Ann Curry came over had put me on TV. The we went to the Morning Show and saw Chris Ragge. He started yelling when he realized it was me. He brought everyone over from the show. Chris did a couple of sports shows with me and took me to a Rockets game. The cameraman who came to the cook-off was Chris's cameraman when he was a sportscaster. I went to the Carneige Deli and they were filming a documentary and put me in the film. You should see the size of the sandwiches they have. They are so big you cannot even hold them.
The Plaza was beautiful. John Amos spoke with me and introduced me. He was the father in Good Times with JJ Walker. I met Paul Volcker and Michael Hausman. He was the executive producer of Brokeback Mountain, Silkwood and Amadeus. He gave me his number and I am trying to get him down here to do a movie premier in Houston.
I would love to go back. I was in the snow and we were lucky to get out. Laura Bush walked off the plane we were going on. There were only two planes that left Laguardia and ours was one of them. I will post more pics later. My aunt has the other camera cord. I forgot, I also went to Madison Square Garden.

Last edited by gary; 03-04-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-04-2009   #20
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The trip was great. I went all over NY. I was on TV. We went to the Early Show and Ann Curry came over had put me on TV. The we went to the Morning Show and saw Chris Ragge. He started yelling when he realized it was me. He brought everyone over from the show. Chris did a couple of sports shows with me and took me to a Rockets game. The cameraman who came to the cook-off was Chris's cameraman when he was a sportscaster. I went to the Carneige Deli and they were filming a documentary and put me in the film. You should see the size of the sandwiches they have. They are so big you cannot even hold them.
The Plaza was beautiful. John Amos spoke with me and introduced me. He was the father in Good Times with JJ Walker. I met Paul Volcker and Michael Hausman. He was the executive producer of Brokeback Mountain, Silkwood and Amadeus. He gave me his number and I am trying to get him down here to do a movie premier in Houston.
I would love to go back. I was in the snow and we were lucky to get out. Laura Bush walked off the plane we were going on. There were only two planes that left Laguardia and ours was one of them. I will post more pics later. My aunt has the other camera cord. I forgot, I also went to Madison Square Garden.
Did you talk to the Knicks about Tmac ?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read