Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-23-2009   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default NFL Draft 09 - Google Doc

I deal with spreadsheets basically all day and last year I had one with all the draft prospects and their info (combine numbers, position rank, overall rank, flags, etc.). I also had draft order and team needs. It made it more interesting going through the draft and having it out and keeping track of the draft.

I recently started using Google Docs and wanted to know if any TexansTalk people would like to collaborate and put together an all encompassing draft document.

Just leave your gmail address below or if you dont want it being public just send me a PM.
Old 02-23-2009   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 234554 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Draft 09 - Google Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
I deal with spreadsheets basically all day and last year I had one with all the draft prospects and their info (combine numbers, position rank, overall rank, flags, etc.). I also had draft order and team needs. It made it more interesting going through the draft and having it out and keeping track of the draft.

I recently started using Google Docs and wanted to know if any TexansTalk people would like to collaborate and put together an all encompassing draft document.

Just leave your gmail address below or if you dont want it being public just send me a PM.
Someone put up a spreadsheet last year with the prospects and some rankings. I had it open and marked people off as they were selected. It really made the selection process that much more interesting. Did you create that one?

For the Texans mock, I created one with the players who had been taken in various mocks but I didn't fill it out too far. I only put the information for a few mocks into it. It helped me see how different guys were valued so I could have an idea where they should go.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #3
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19314 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Draft 09 - Google Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Someone put up a spreadsheet last year with the prospects and some rankings. I had it open and marked people off as they were selected. It really made the selection process that much more interesting. Did you create that one?
That was me! Glad you enjoyed it.

I was planning to do that again this year, and it would be nice to combine that with what JWarren14 is putting together. I'll PM you with my gmail address, and try to help put it all together. Biggest problem I found was that rankings were changing up until the day before the draft, so doing work too far ahead was sometimes wasted.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read