Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-15-2005   #21
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID
Watch the Cowboys to trade both of their first round picks for the Bears 1st and 2nd round picks and they pick up Jones at #4. Mel Kiper thinks he is worth the #5 pick.
Doubtful, the Cowboys need more help form their first two picks then a single corner. Plus if they stay at ten they will likely still be to pick up a good CB then use their next pick to address one of the lines. The only real alternative is that they pick a WR at some point in the first. Either way the chances of a trae up are slim.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005   #22
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

we need a player like rasheed marshall.. a qb converted to WR that would open up the play book a lil and give us some trickery if ever need it.
Old 01-21-2005   #23
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Is anyone else starting to warm up to the CB from Clemson, Justin Miller?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #24
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
Doubtful, the Cowboys need more help form their first two picks then a single corner. Plus if they stay at ten they will likely still be to pick up a good CB then use their next pick to address one of the lines. The only real alternative is that they pick a WR at some point in the first. Either way the chances of a trae up are slim.
jerry jones in interview up here has hinted that the Cowboys will be looking to trade one of the 1st rounds, seemingly wanting to trade for picks in the 2006 draft. still three months away though so stuff could hange.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #25
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowboys #1 pick Antrel Rolle.
Cowbods #2 pick Elton Brown

my 2 cents.
Old 01-21-2005   #26
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Since I know nothing about college ball, does anyone think Marlin Jackson will still be there in the second round?
Old 01-21-2005   #27
Blake
MMQB

He is projected late first. But some players always slip. Its inevitable.
Sponsored links
Old 01-21-2005   #28
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Spears in the first
Marlin Jackson in the second

That would be a dream...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #29
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone have an opinion about Marlin Jackson? Like I said, I know nothing about college ball, but from everything I have read, he is the most well rounded CB in the draft.
Old 01-21-2005   #30
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Anyone have an opinion about Marlin Jackson? Like I said, I know nothing about college ball, but from everything I have read, he is the most well rounded CB in the draft.
From what I have heard and seen, he doesnt have stats because teams dont go his way. They dont want to challenge him so D-Rob and Jackson would be fine by me...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #31
texan279
Hall of Fame

Me too, from everything I have read, Rolle's only negative is his lack of speed, I have read that he could not keep up with receivers like Randy Moss or Marvin Harrison and I have read Corey Webster needs to work on his run support and that he is bit of an arm tackler, but I have read in a few places Jackson is the most all around CB in the draft.
Old 01-21-2005   #32
Blake
MMQB

If you watched a single Michigan game, you would know that they have crappy corners. So why would you throw at Marlin who is actually a good cb. Im not to high on marlin. Ive seen him make alot of bad plays.
Old 01-21-2005   #33
texan279
Hall of Fame

Well, that is why I was asking, I have no clue when it comes to college ball, I guess I need to start watching it.
Old 01-21-2005   #34
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Well, that is why I was asking, I have no clue when it comes to college ball, I guess I need to start watching it.

Sorry, I wasnt trying to attack you. Didnt mean to come off like that.

Marlin is a good size corner, who can be taken advantage of IMO.
Old 01-21-2005   #35
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Sorry, I wasnt trying to attack you. Didnt mean to come off like that
LOL, sorry I wasn't trying to come across as an @$$hole with my response, I just worded it wrong.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read