Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 02-23-2009   #21
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Something is telling me...stadium won't be sold out this year...

Tell me about it, I had 7 psl'l last year, now I only have 2. I sold 4 and let one go back to the Texans. I also gave up 2 blue parking passes.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #22
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Papa McNair will see to it that this is a sold out season. Corporate sponsers buy up tickets all the time and give them to clients, and/or charities. They have the big bucks, we don't!!!
Actually that is part of the problem he is facing. In the current business environment with stock prices falling like rocks companies are sensitve about how they spend their money. There have been many companies who are afraid as being seen as frivolus with their money canceling sponsorship, corporate outings and cutting back on convention attendence. If things turn around somewhat by the end of the 2nd quarter of 2009 they might go ahead as planned but I have heard from several sources in companies they are not getting their usual ticket packages for the Astros and Texans in 2009.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #23
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Unfortunatley, I had to sell my PSLs this year. Im still hoping to get game by game seats, or maybe a regular season only season ticket package.

Hopefully things improve, and I can get new PSLs nexy season.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #24
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign_lee View Post
Having your fans pay 10% of your season ticket cost less than a month after the superbowl (weeks even!) might have a little something to do with those numbers.
What other time would they have to send out invoices? At least they break it down to three payments if the owner desires to pay it that way. The 10% locks in your seat, and that gives ya time to get the remaining payments together by their due dates, which is April 1st and May 1st. They have to have all payments paid in full by the end of May in order to get tickets printed, packaged, and out by the middle of July. I have no complaints about the way they ask for payments. If they wanted it all by mid Feb I would be sheeeeeet out of luck, and would be sitting at home come gameday.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #25
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

The best thing the NFL could do this year is give back the money for the two exhibiton games to the season ticket holders. It is asinine to continue this stupid sham of having us pay for an inferior product.
Old 02-24-2009   #26
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
The best thing the NFL could do this year is give back the money for the two exhibiton games to the season ticket holders. It is asinine to continue this stupid sham of having us pay for an inferior product.
Oh I wouldn't say inferior. Texans are a team that's a business as well and run a very damn good organization. Upside looks good for the team, and the increase is just business. Looks unreasonable with the way times are now, but they gotta make money too. Pre-season is just that, pre-season, game doesn't mean squat so I don't bother. When you think about it, pre-season games are the ONLY games that some folks/families get to see all season in person so I don't mind if they charge for em.
Old 02-24-2009   #27
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
Oh I wouldn't say inferior. Texans are a team that's a business as well and run a very damn good organization. Upside looks good for the team, and the increase is just business. Looks unreasonable with the way times are now, but they gotta make money too. Pre-season is just that, pre-season, game doesn't mean squat so I don't bother. When you think about it, pre-season games are the ONLY games that some folks/families get to see all season in person so I don't mind if they charge for em.
I am talking about exhibition games being the same cost as regular season games and that season ticket holders are mandated to purchase them with the regular seaosn games. I believe you would in the minority in that line of thinking or you are not a season ticket holder.
Old 02-24-2009   #28
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am talking about exhibition games being the same cost as regular season games and that season ticket holders are mandated to purchase them with the regular seaosn games. I believe you would in the minority in that line of thinking or you are not a season ticket holder.
I'm a season ticket holder now, but its still part of the business product they run, so I'll take it.
Old 02-24-2009   #29
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
I'm a season ticket holder now, but its still part of the business product they run, so I'll take it.
So you believe it is just as good of a product and worthy of the cost as regular season game?
Old 02-24-2009   #30
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Quote:
So you believe it is just as good of a product and worthy of the cost as regular season game?
I would rather the preseason games be half the price, but it is what it is and I seriously doubt the Texans are going to lower the cost. As for the product itself, yes I do believe we have a great product in town.
Old 02-24-2009   #31
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
I would rather the preseason games be half the price, but it is what it is and I seriously doubt the Texans are going to lower the cost. As for the product itself, yes I do believe we have a great product in town.
Like I said in my first post, the NFL, not the Texans.
Old 02-24-2009   #32
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't renew my tickets. I could have fit it into the budget if I really wanted to, but the fact that they (1)charge for preseason games, (2)charge such exorbitant prices for concessions, and (3)raised ticket prices swayed me to not renew.

I'll still buy tickets to a game or 2 and will undoubtedly get free tickets to several games, but I gave up my seats.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #33
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know I don't...reduce the cost...let families who otherwise couldn't afford to go have the opportunity to see and NFL game. Its still a good time, right?

Also...I still hope they change one of the preseason games into a regular season game...
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #34
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The best thing the NFL could do this year is give back the money for the (10 )exhibiton games to the season ticket holders. It is asinine to continue this stupid sham of having us pay for an inferior product.
Signed,
The Detroit Lions
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #35
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
probably a pretty good chance.

I was laid off from my job several months ago and have been unable to find suitable work. My LP Field tickets are up for sale. I wish to retain my licenses so my plan is to find someone who wants to buy the tickets and just let them pay the invoice and hand them the tickets. I hate that it has come to that but my wife is having a baby in June. Things will get better, but in the short term it kinda sucks.

I'm glad that I am in Chattanooga rather than Nashville so at least in the UNLIKELY event LP Field does not sell out (It will) I will at least not be subject to blackout.
Sorry to hear that man. It isn't so bad watching the games from home some times though. Good luck finding a new gig.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #36
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=ESAD2-14;1125105]The statements after the article (by the readers) seem to relay that all is not well in Jerry Land. Much like the rest of the country these days.

Also, I thought I read somewhere that Six Flags was talking bankruptcy, so there is one less attraction in Arlington if that happens. Not that it was affordable to go there anyway before the economy took a crap.[/QUOTE]

Six Flags has been talking bankruptcy. Arlington was feeling the pinch already last year. So much so that it offered ALL of its tickets for kids' entry fee. Certainly, you don't see similar response to the public by NFL teams.

A well-embedded entity with the New York Yankees told me today, Steinbrenner is seeing a worrisome pattern. A significant number of season ticket holders, who would normally be seeking to upgrade their seats from year to year, are now seeking higher (downgrade) tickets this year.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #37
MannyFresh
El Capitan

[quote=CloakNNNdagger;1126047]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESAD2-14 View Post
The statements after the article (by the readers) seem to relay that all is not well in Jerry Land. Much like the rest of the country these days.

Also, I thought I read somewhere that Six Flags was talking bankruptcy, so there is one less attraction in Arlington if that happens. Not that it was affordable to go there anyway before the economy took a crap.[/QUOTE]

Six Flags has been talking bankruptcy. Arlington was feeling the pinch already last year. So much so that it offered ALL of its tickets for kids' entry fee. Certainly, you don't see similar response to the public by NFL teams.

A well-embedded entity with the New York Yankees told me today, Steinbrenner is seeing a worrisome pattern. A significant number of season ticket holders, who would normally be seeking to upgrade their seats from year to year, are now seeking higher (downgrade) tickets this year.
Oh yeah, its going to be a rough ride, and getting rougher.
Old 02-25-2009   #38
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as it pains me to say it, we will not be renewing our season tickets this year. It was a fun 7 year run...would've been nice if they mixed in a winning season...but no regrets. I'm a Texans fan forever, regardless if I go to the games or not.

But the expenses of my baby girl are far more important than an entertainment diversion, no matter how passionate I feel about enjoying football. Being a dad > being a Texans fanatic.

Maybe next year things will be better and we can get tickets. Time will tell.
Old 02-25-2009   #39
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
As much as it pains me to say it, we will not be renewing our season tickets this year. It was a fun 7 year run...would've been nice if they mixed in a winning season...but no regrets. I'm a Texans fan forever, regardless if I go to the games or not.

But the expenses of my baby girl are far more important than an entertainment diversion, no matter how passionate I feel about enjoying football. Being a dad > being a Texans fanatic.

We will miss you up in Gridiron.... Is the rest of the DC still going to represent?
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #40
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

Damn...all the good ones are dropping out. I understand about that baby girl...mine's 2 now. And she loves football.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read