Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-18-2009   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AJ:Would the Texans consider trading Sage to the Jets?

http://www.examiner.com/x-778-Housto...ge-to-the-Jets

Quote:
So I was sitting here last night, and out of the corner of my eye I see Sage Rosenfels highlights being shown on NFL Network during a discussion on the New York Jets quarterback situation.

Isn't off-season speculation fun?

I have no idea where that came from other than with Brett Favre gone, the Jets are left with Kellen Clemens, Brett Ratliff, and Erik Ainge under center.

Combine that with it being a really bad year to be in the quarterback market and you're left with... trade talk.

For the record, the other QB discussed in the piece was Cleveland's Derek Anderson.

Last season, the Sage trade talk centered around a purported deal in the works between the Texans and the Vikings.

Quote:
But how real is that kind of talk? Probably not very real at all.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ:Would the Texans consider trading Sage to the Jets?

Cool if it would happen, but chances are... slim
Old 02-19-2009   #3
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year I was very hot to make the move if the Vikings sweeten the offer just a tad. This year a guy I had rated as a second day sixth round "put him in the bank and see what happens" prospect back in October, Josh Freeman has worked himself into the bottom of the first round guy. Not me saying that it's all the draft gurus. All of them. I don't know what that tells you. Tells me there's not a whole heck of a lot of QBs out there. So How's Alex Brink doing ?
Old 02-19-2009   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

In that 4 game win streak we all enjoyed, Sage won two of them. I know I know, he also lost 3 in a row for us and had the Rosencopter incident. However, until Matt can show that he is able to go a full season, I'm not ready to part with a QB who can come in and still enable the team to have faith in the QB position.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009   #5
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

If they offered a 4th, I'd take it!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Short of the Rosencopter incident, Sage has been a nice backup for us. Also, I do not think that the Rosencopter incident will mean a whole lot to his chances of getting traded, everyone should be able to see that it was a mental error, him trying waaaay too hard. That stuff can be coached away.
Old 02-19-2009   #7
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

too old for the Jets, methinks
Old 02-19-2009   #8
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope, you don't trade AJ unless he absolutely wants out of Houston.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009   #9
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
In that 4 game win streak we all enjoyed, Sage won two of them. I know I know, he also lost 3 in a row for us and had the Rosencopter incident. However, until Matt can show that he is able to go a full season, I'm not ready to part with a QB who can come in and still enable the team to have faith in the QB position.
There is zero faith in Sage as the QB. He blew it last year. Get what you can for him now.
Old 02-19-2009   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX View Post
Nope, you don't trade AJ unless he absolutely wants out of Houston.
AJ is untradeable, but he could move if he wanted and write elsewhere. I can't see him moving based on his passion for Houston football.
Old 02-19-2009   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage is an interception machine.
Old 02-19-2009   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
AJ is untradeable, but he could move if he wanted and write elsewhere. I can't see him moving based on his passion for Houston football.
LOL!

I think the Texans will want more than the Jets would want to give up. Rosenchoke had bad season, but he's still one of the better back-ups in the league. With the uncertainty of Schaub staying healthy for an entire season I don't think Sage will be going any where this year. Unless of course, a team's dumb enough to offer up a 2 or maybe a 3.
Old 02-19-2009   #13
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
LOL!

I think the Texans will want more than the Jets would want to give up. Rosenchoke had bad season, but he's still one of the better back-ups in the league. With the uncertainty of Schaub staying healthy for an entire season I don't think Sage will be going any where this year. Unless of course, a team's dumb enough to offer up a 2 or maybe a 3.
If a team offered a 2nd, I would drive him there myself.
Old 02-19-2009   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
If a team offered a 2nd, I would drive him there myself.
Yeah, I'd jump on it too. Although, a team would have to be pretty desperate to offer anything less than a 4th.
Old 02-19-2009   #15
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, I'd jump on it too. Although, a team would have to be pretty desperate to offer anything less than a 4th.
Hell, I'd jump on the 4th as well.

Sage is what he is at this point; a borderline starter in the NFL who will make mistakes in an effort to win a game. Add to that he will be a free agent next year.
Errant Hothy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Hell, I'd jump on the 4th as well.

Sage is what he is at this point; a borderline starter in the NFL who will make mistakes in an effort to win a game. Add to that he will be a free agent next year.
And if Schaub goes down again this season? You think that 4th would be worth it then? I don't
Old 02-19-2009   #17
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Sage is an interception machine.
You mean like Favre

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009   #18
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And if Schaub goes down again this season? You think that 4th would be worth it then? I don't
It's not like we wouldn't resign another back-up. With the emergence of a running game, I hope, the ability of the needed back-up is lessened. Craig Nail and a 4th rounder is greater value then Sage, in my view.

If you expect the Texans to be playoff contenders next year, you must remember that the back up QBs for playoff teams play about as much as the back-up punter.
Errant Hothy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009   #19
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64802 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would say we should have traded him last year because he had much more trade value, but Schaub got hurt last year . . again. We cannot get rid of him until we find a suitable replacement for him because I am not confident in Schaub's ability to play in 16 games a year.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009   #20
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL!

Last year a team WAS dumb enough to offer up a third and walked on it. ( The rest of this post isn't directed towards you)

I think we could have found a suitable backup via free agency last year had we done the trade soon enough. We don't need if we get a second RB to go with Slaton we will...dare i dream a consistent running game, an all-pro receiver, and a pro bowl tight end. We just need a guy that isn't going to turn the ball over or melt down at QB.

You can tell me aww shucks but...it's Sage! Great. The same guy that wasted a big lead late in the 4th quarter that cost us a winning season. What a swell guy. Doubt we'll get anything better then the third Minnesota offered us last year so unfortunately I think he'll stay. Figure either way at least it'll spare a year of people splitting over the backup QB.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read