Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-18-2009   #1
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jarron Gilbert

http://www.doubleazone.com/2009/02/j...fl_combine.php

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is This Possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
That is impressive.
Old 02-18-2009   #3
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

That is very impressive!WOW!
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

That's fast twitch right there.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=91
Old 02-18-2009   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK_SxTr4jZs

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009   #7
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

He just got the water out of his eyes and walked away like it was no big deal.

I took him for the Cowgirls in the 2nd rd but wouldn't have a problem if the Texans took him in the 2nd rd.

He definitely has a great first step & is able to close quickly on the QB.

Last edited by steelbtexan; 02-18-2009 at 09:32 PM.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-18-2009   #8
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's listed on Walterfootball at 6'5" and 280 lbs. which seems a bit light for a DT but with explosivness like that maybe he could lose 10 lbs. and be moved to DE.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009   #9
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

I posted that video here over a month ago. He has been on my sleepers list and in most of my mock drafts for awhile now.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default DE Jarron Gilbert Can Jump

Pretty good verticle I can guess. That is sick out of water. This might be embedded in some draft thread sowmwhere but I had not seen it

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...t-can-jum.html
Old 02-20-2009   #11
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DE Jarron Gilbert Can Jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Pretty good verticle I can guess. That is sick out of water. This might be embedded in some draft thread sowmwhere but I had not seen it

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...t-can-jum.html
I posted it awhile back. Click his name in the thread.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...Jarron+Gilbert
4th

Jarron Gilbert, San Jose State
Height: 6-5. Weight: 280.
Projected 40 Time: 5.15.
Projected Round (2009): 3-4.
Old 02-20-2009   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I posted it awhile back. Click his name in the thread.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...Jarron+Gilbert
4th

Jarron Gilbert, San Jose State
Height: 6-5. Weight: 280.
Projected 40 Time: 5.15.
Projected Round (2009): 3-4.
Didn't see it..thanks!
Old 02-21-2009   #13
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Didn't see it..thanks!
What did you think of his highlight video? The guy reminds me of a smaller Mario with a little attitude. I love the way he tackles with aggresion.
Old 02-21-2009   #14
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I sat up late one night and watched the San Jose St vs Boise St. game. He dominated the inside of Boise States o-line. SJS didn't have enough depth to hold Boise St. down and eventually got worn down. But I swallowed the hook. He breaks five flat in the forty he should be a keeper. Other wise, he's a tackle only
in the forty three. I believe right now he makes a very fine DE in the thirty four.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 02-22-2009 at 02:33 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009   #15
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe we could use him as a goal line back that jumps the pile?
Old 02-21-2009   #16
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I sat up late one night and watched the San Jose St vs Boise St. game. He dominated the inside of Boise States o-line. SJS didn't have enough depth to hold Boise St. down and eventually got worn down. But I swallowed the hook. He breaks five flat in the forty he should be a keeper. Other wise, he's a tackle only.
Even if he is a tackle only, he is still worth picking at some point in the draft.

I believe he will be a quality player for whichever team that gets him.
Old 02-21-2009   #17
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
Even if he is a tackle only, he is still worth picking at some point in the draft.

He is going to blow pwoplw away at the combine. I say afterwards he will be projected as a second round pick at worst.
Old 02-22-2009   #18
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post

With our DB, pass rush, and two OLBs dinged up, do you think He'll last into our forth round pick ? I think the guy might go off the board to a three four team....especially with a couple of teams converting to the three four and basically starting from scratch....in the second round. I think the Texan's have bigger fish to fry than to draft a DT only in the second.

Now if he post a 4.8 forty....I'd be on board with that. Ease the wound of missing Maybin and Orakpo a little bit. How fast he is and how much explosion he has will determine if he's a fit for an end in our four three. If we had Cushing or Mathews on board with the first round pick....I could see it if he posts the numbers I'm looking for.
Old 02-22-2009   #19
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
With our DB, pass rush, and two OLBs dinged up, do you think He'll last into our forth round pick ? I think the guy might go off the board to a three four team....especially with a couple of teams converting to the three four and basically starting from scratch....in the second round. I think the Texan's have bigger fish to fry than to draft a DT only in the second.

Now if he post a 4.8 forty....I'd be on board with that. Ease the wound of missing Maybin and Orakpo a little bit. How fast he is and how much explosion he has will determine if he's a fit for an end in our four three. If we had Cushing or Mathews on board with the first round pick....I could see it if he posts the numbers I'm looking for.
If he were considered to be too slow to be effective as a 4-3 DE, and therefore relegated to playing DT in a 4-3 or DE in a 3-4, then I wouldn't be ok with the Texans picking him above the 3rd round, but even under those circumstances I could easily see him still being picked by a 3-4 team as a DE in the 2nd round.

Even if he isn't considered too slow to play 4-3 DE, I could easily see him being picked up to play 3-4 DE in the 2nd round, unless of course, he blows things up at the combine and shoots up the board, then he would be a 1st round 4-3 DE.

I was really intrigued by him during the Shrine Bowl practice coverage, but I never thought he was going to be a 1st or 2nd round pick.

I was hoping he was going to be a quality player acquired by the Texans in the 3rd or 4th round that would be able to play DE and/or DT.
Old 02-23-2009   #20
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jarron Gilbert

for those who haven't seen this show of strength yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXDSPbZ_OUw
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read