Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-17-2009   #1
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Bungled Bengals

Can someone please explain to me what the heck they're trying to do? T.J. Houshmandzadeh is an awesome player on and off the field. Why in the World wouldn't they do everything in their power to get him locked up?

Maybe it's because he hasn't been arrested or been a locker room fungis?? To me, letting a top 10 WR who's a perfect teamate walk is just asinine.
Old 02-17-2009   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: The Bungled Bengals

Not really an answer, but about 4 weeks ago ESPN was speculating that several kickers may be a few teams' #1 priority because of all the games decided by field goals the last several years.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009   #3
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Bungled Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Not really an answer, but about 4 weeks ago ESPN was speculating that several kickers may be a few teams' #1 priority because of all the games decided by field goals the last several years.

On that note their kicker Graham was tagged.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009   #4
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Can someone please explain to me what the heck they're trying to do? T.J. Houshmandzadeh is an awesome player on and off the field. Why in the World wouldn't they do everything in their power to get him locked up?

Maybe it's because he hasn't been arrested or been a locker room fungis?? To me, letting a top 10 WR who's a perfect teamate walk is just asinine.
It's the Bengals.

They wouldn't be the Bengals if they didn't do stupid stuff like this. That's what makes them the Bengals.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
It's the Bengals.

They wouldn't be the Bengals if they didn't do stupid stuff like this. That's what makes them the Bengals.
That's another thing that upsets me about the Bengals. I used to really like the Bengals and after a year or two of the Lewis era they began pissing me off with their personel choices. Is it Lewis? Is it the FO? Who knows?!
Old 02-17-2009   #6
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's another thing that upsets me about the Bengals. I used to really like the Bengals and after a year or two of the Lewis era they began pissing me off with their personel choices. Is it Lewis? Is it the FO? Who knows?!
It's more the FO than it is Lewis IMO. Lewis got rid of Dillon when they didn't need him anymore becuae they had Rudi Johnson. Also, Lewis campaigned and finally got Chris Henry cut and then the owner goes right back out and rehires him behind his back. Talk about showing support for your coach. I wouldn't be surprised if half the players on the team don't pay him the sightest amount of attention.

I think Lewis really wants out but there is nowhere else to go right now. That entire franchise is completely messed up.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Huh?? What??!? AFC Central?
Old 02-17-2009   #8
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To answer your question, it is Mike Brown. THeir owner who has been their GM for years and years. THe guy is horrible and pretty much just as bad as Al Davis. He might be the worst in the NFL from the last 20 years when you consider how many poor seasons the Bengals have had and he was the one calling the shots the whole time. He has total control.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009   #9
TexansFan33
DW33

Rep Power: 7 TexansFan33 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexansFan33 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I think Mike Brown S from the Bears would be a great find If he's on the market we need to pull the trigger a 1 year deal would be nice lets see what happens... Hell he's better than that Demps guy we have now!
TexansFan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009   #10
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is why I don't like being compared to teams like the Bengals. Thank god we are climbing out of the basement. Imagined how pissed we would be if our FO let Andre Johnson go without trying to franchise him, instead franchising Kris Brown. I think that there would be a revolt on Kirby!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Huh?? What??!? AFC Central?
Easy, TB, easy.

No team has ever come close to the Oilers or Texans. Remember, I've always had a soft spot for the underdog. I made it known a couple years ago that I liked the Cards for Pete sake. Now that they're pretty good I reckon I might dislike them now.
Old 02-17-2009   #12
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
To answer your question, it is Mike Brown. THeir owner who has been their GM for years and years. THe guy is horrible and pretty much just as bad as Al Davis. He might be the worst in the NFL from the last 20 years when you consider how many poor seasons the Bengals have had and he was the one calling the shots the whole time. He has total control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFan33 View Post
I think Mike Brown S from the Bears would be a great find If he's on the market we need to pull the trigger a 1 year deal would be nice lets see what happens... Hell he's better than that Demps guy we have now!
I think Mike Brown of the Bears would be a better GM of the Bengals.
Old 02-17-2009   #13
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Easy, TB, easy.

No team has ever come close to the Oilers or Texans. Remember, I've always had a soft spot for the underdog. I made it known a couple years ago that I liked the Cards for Pete sake. Now that they're pretty good I reckon I might dislike them now.
There will never be an excuse to like Cleveland, Cincy, Pits, Sam Wyshce, Chuck Knoll, Marty Whateverhymer, or Bill Pukeacheck.

For shame on you.

I guess you like the Jags too.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Easy, TB, easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
There will never be an excuse to like Cleveland, Cincy, Pits, Sam Wyshce, Chuck Knoll, Marty Whateverhymer, or Bill Pukeacheck.

For shame on you.

What Red said.
Old 02-18-2009   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post

For shame on you.

Quote:
What Red said.
Bite me.
Old 02-18-2009   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Bite me.
Hey Whitesnake, that's all you got??
Old 02-18-2009   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Hey Whitesnake, that's all you got??
I got your whitesnake right here.
Old 02-18-2009   #18
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

this thread is making me laugh, which I needed this afternoon.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read