Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 03-11-2009   #21
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reliant Roof Repairs Nearly Finished

I was in the shade, and every once in a while I felt a small bit of AC from above..Then again, I picked my seats knowing I would be in the shade, roof open or closed.
I will say, this is Texas and it gets HOT, and well I think we Houstonians have been pretty much pampered with indoor sport facilities...Those in Arlington have to deal with that all year when the Rangers play.
I still say leave that roof open, as they paid alot of money for that type of stadium, and to have it open 3 times a year is a waste, should have made another dome then ! Shoot, the rodeo that is a big player in that building doesn't have it open at all as they have the blacked out tarps up there, so man, for 3 times a year, not that wise of a choise to have something if not used. Sorry if those of you in the sun think that why dont I sit there for a game when it is hot, I have with some friends, and it is warm, but it is a sporting event...and those are mainly played outside, so I dealt with it and drank about 30 bucks worth of water that game.
Leave that roof open !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009   #22
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
I was in the shade, and every once in a while I felt a small bit of AC from above..Then again, I picked my seats knowing I would be in the shade, roof open or closed.
I will say, this is Texas and it gets HOT, and well I think we Houstonians have been pretty much pampered with indoor sport facilities...Those in Arlington have to deal with that all year when the Rangers play.
I still say leave that roof open, as they paid alot of money for that type of stadium, and to have it open 3 times a year is a waste, should have made another dome then ! Shoot, the rodeo that is a big player in that building doesn't have it open at all as they have the blacked out tarps up there, so man, for 3 times a year, not that wise of a choise to have something if not used. Sorry if those of you in the sun think that why dont I sit there for a game when it is hot, I have with some friends, and it is warm, but it is a sporting event...and those are mainly played outside, so I dealt with it and drank about 30 bucks worth of water that game.
Leave that roof open !!
That Steelers game was the exception not the rule for those of us that sit in the sun. That day just happened to be both extremely hot and humid. Also factor in that many of us in the sun were tailgating since 7:00am on the pavement. Ouch!!

Normally I love sitting where I sit. 1 game out of 70 to ***** about?? I'm all good.
Old 03-11-2009   #23
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
That Steelers game was the exception not the rule for those of us that sit in the sun. That day just happened to be both extremely hot and humid. Also factor in that many of us in the sun were tailgating since 7:00am on the pavement. Ouch!!

Normally I love sitting where I sit. 1 game out of 70 to ***** about?? I'm all good.
I am sure the pavement took most of what you had in you out before you even got inside !! That's why I prefer grass !! And no, not the stuff YOU light up...
You are right, that game was insane, I was refering in general, they need to leave that roof open, as last year proved that the fans can handle it in most cases !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am sure the pavement took most of what you had in you out before you even got inside !! That's why I prefer grass !! And no, not the stuff YOU light up...
You are right, that game was insane, I was refering in general, they need to leave that roof open, as last year proved that the fans can handle it in most cases !
I was drenched by 10:00 am.

You have to admit though, we were extremely fortunate with regards to the weather - post Ike.
Old 03-11-2009   #25
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Leave that roof open !!
Reliant Stadium is not a true open air stadium. It is very vertical and lets in little air. So comparing it to Arlington or other true outdoor facilities isn't a good analogy.

If you have a retractable roof stadium and you don't use the roof on those days where you will cause those sitting in the sun to possibly have serious heat problems, well then you are a dumbass.

You can say "deal with it" or you can be not stupid and shut the dang roof that you have as an option.

We were very fortunate with the post-Ike weather last year. You won't always have that good fortune every year.
Old 03-11-2009   #26
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Reliant Stadium is not a true open air stadium. It is very vertical and lets in little air. So comparing it to Arlington or other true outdoor facilities isn't a good analogy.
Exactly...why does Houston need to be the first to do these things...

First Dome stadium
First retractable roof baseball stadium
First retractible roof football stadium

Why can't we learn from the mistakes of others...instead of the other way around?
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009   #27
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
First retractable roof baseball stadium
Actually, Toronto Skydome was the first.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2009   #28
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Actually, Toronto Skydome was the first.

Ooopps...thanks for the correction.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read