Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 02-13-2009   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Reliant Roof Repairs Nearly Finished

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stori....117940b7.html

Yayyyyyy!

Quote:
HOUSTON -- The retractable roof at Reliant Stadium is repaired and fully operational again, five months after Hurricane Ike ripped huge holes in the top of one of this cityís signature structures.

11 News

Reliant Stadium was damaged by Hurricane Ike.
Mark Miller, the general manager of Reliant Park, said Friday that the five bow-tie shaped fabric panels destroyed in the storm have been replaced all thatís left for workers to do is plug water leaks.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: Reliant Roof Repears Nearly Finished

I actually enjoyed the roof open for the cold and rainy days. Especially the Bears game, made it feel like actual football.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009   #3
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

close the roof on days when expected temp is above 78 degrees, and leave it open every other day unless a turd floater is expected.

I love cool weather football!
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I enjoyed the cold weather, too. And we're up in the 500s where the wind is blowing good! It just felt like football weather. We are too pampered in Houston sometimes. I can understand relief from the heat, but c'mon, the cold? We used to sit in the stands during HS football games when our lips were so frozen we could barely play our instruments, and we loved it!
Old 02-13-2009   #5
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 31960 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reliant Roof Repairs Nearly Finished

Well done to the guys who've fixed it up. Hopefully we can have a nice easy season next year, without having to worry about the kind of off the field trauma that is never nice to see.

mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree, the Bears game was awesome, but close it at the first sign of heat....
Old 02-14-2009   #7
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

If the almighty Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo would have been scheduled for November they would have had it repaired by then. But...it was just the Texans fans.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2009   #8
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm kind of mixed about this. If we go back to the old "only in perfect weather open the roof" strategy, I think I might prefer the roof to be broken. haha.

Hopefully last year will convinec management to let hte weather vary a bit more and have the roof open more often.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #9
TexanDave
Veteran

Rep Power: 880 TexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree, we should only close it in cases of high temps or really bad weather. None of this "oh there's a 10% chance of rain so let's close the roof"
TexanDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009   #10
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign_lee View Post
I'm kind of mixed about this. If we go back to the old "only in perfect weather open the roof" strategy, I think I might prefer the roof to be broken. haha.

Hopefully last year will convinec management to let hte weather vary a bit more and have the roof open more often.
No kidding....there were more than a few games that they closed the roof on a lower temperature, that it should have been open.

I also have this to say.......
Why shouldn't the roof be opened on a humid day? Shouldn't we use our warm weather against a team that plays in cold weather and is not accustomed to the heat? As long as the sun is not shining directly on stands?
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009   #11
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
Why shouldn't the roof be opened on a humid day? Shouldn't we use our warm weather against a team that plays in cold weather and is not accustomed to the heat? As long as the sun is not shining directly on stands?
Probably due to the near death experience many of us on the board suffered during the 2005 season opener against the Steelers. I have rarely left a game early, and I left during the 3rd quarterd due to the fact that my hands were tingling from heat exhaustion.
I saw about 10 people being carted away by EMS due to that game. Its going to shine on the stands and especially the Bullpen reguardless.

Check out the picture below from the 3rd quarter in the Bullpen during that game:
http://www.texansbullpen.com/05photo...f/DSC_0424.JPG
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Probably due to the near death experience many of us on the board suffered during the 2005 season opener against the Steelers. I have rarely left a game early, and I left during the 3rd quarterd due to the fact that my hands were tingling from heat exhaustion.
I saw about 10 people being carted away by EMS due to that game. Its going to shine on the stands and especially the Bullpen reguardless.

Check out the picture below from the 3rd quarter in the Bullpen during that game:
http://www.texansbullpen.com/05photo...f/DSC_0424.JPG
That day was absolutely brutal..
Old 03-10-2009   #13
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I think that was the game they had to take TORO to the hosp also. IV bags were flowing freely that day, both on the field and off!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009   #14
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 34856 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I was on the field for that season and I remember that the thermometer they have on the field was above 120...
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009   #15
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

My nose peeled for weeks and ol' Bob never offered us a thing to say "sorry."

I would buy a beer from a guy and then dunk our rally towels in the ice.

It got so bad that I just tipped a dollar or 2 to let me do it til I ran out of cash.

Still kinda bent about that and the "oops, oh well" attitude I got.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I think that was the game they had to take TORO to the hosp also. IV bags were flowing freely that day, both on the field and off!
Poor Toro!!

They wouldn't put beer in my IV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullPenPhotos View Post
I was on the field for that season and I remember that the thermometer they have on the field was above 120...
I forgot that you had field credentials that year. I know you had to walk over to the SEZ for some shade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post

I would buy a beer from a guy and then dunk our rally towels in the ice.
Dude, you get your beer with ice?
Old 03-10-2009   #17
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
No, because it doesn't make a difference.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009   #18
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn
The sun was shining directly on the stands. I heard the logic that the weather would work against the Steelers. What actually happened is the fans with the exception of the SEZ had a near death experience, and the Steelers still kicked out butts, while wearing all black to boot.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009   #19
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Not one of the better games in our history. Man was it hot.
Old 03-11-2009   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
The sun was shining directly on the stands. I heard the logic that the weather would work against the Steelers. What actually happened is the fans with the exception of the SEZ had a near death experience, and the Steelers still kicked out butts, while wearing all black to boot.

Even funnier was that the Steelers had big cooling fans by their benches (which appeared to have cooling systems within them, too), and all our players had was the metal benches that were heated up by the sun.

It was a bonehead decision by someone in the FO.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read