Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2009   #1
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default state of ticket sales

anyone else think we may have lower attendance this season? based on what I see here, ebay, and the official site, lots of people are trying to get out from under their tix.

positeve side is that we'll have shorter beer lines.

Last edited by Silver Oak; 02-12-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: stae of ticket sales

Its a buyers market. But the beer lines will always be long...
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: stae of ticket sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Its a buyers market. But the beer lines will always be long...
No - 2-14 was a buyer's market. And the secondary (PSL) market still fetched a hefty price.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #4
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: state of ticket sales

I doubt it, thier is more hope than ever this season.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #5
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 399 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm hearing and seeing more folks not renew or trying to get rid of their tix...I'm in the market for season tix..but just being selective... heard of great deals and even had folks have attitudes about it, meaning they want a profit instead of breaking even.
Old 02-12-2009   #6
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

If its true more PSLs are available it's because of the economy and not the team.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: state of ticket sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
I'm hearing and seeing more folks not renew or trying to get rid of their tix...I'm in the market for season tix..but just being selective... heard of great deals and even had folks have attitudes about it, meaning they want a profit instead of breaking even.
A lot of people bought a bunch of PSL's as "profit centers." Every year people complain about how bad their "investment" is.

I find year in and year out if I have an extra ticket or two I get just over face. Not sure how people actually get 100's of dollars over face - but that's a lot of prices on Ebay and Stubhub.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-12-2009   #8
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 399 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes your totally right...still haven't decided if I want to just call the Texans and get my tix or see what someone has. Buyer's market yes indeed just trying to find the best deal.
Old 02-12-2009   #9
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

we had both Directors Club and our PSL seats last season, but with the uncertain economy, we gave up our DC tix and will be back in Sec. 530.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009   #10
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking on Seasonticketrights, there are about three times as many PSLs for sale as there were last season when I bought mine.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

There are a lot more PSL's for sale this year, at least as far as I have noticed. I was going to by two more PSL's so I would have 4 total, found a real good deal but after talking it over the wife we just couldn't pull the trigger, definitely too much uncertainty/lack of confidence in the economy. Investing the money in upgrading my kitchen instead.
Old 03-03-2009   #12
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
There are a lot more PSL's for sale this year, at least as far as I have noticed. I was going to by two more PSL's so I would have 4 total, found a real good deal but after talking it over the wife we just couldn't pull the trigger, definitely too much uncertainty/lack of confidence in the economy. Investing the money in upgrading my kitchen instead.

I wouldn't say there are more just the time of year. People see the sticker shock at the beginning of the year when they get there bills and look to sell. its a vicous circle.
Old 03-04-2009   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 246198 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
I wouldn't say there are more just the time of year. People see the sticker shock at the beginning of the year when they get there bills and look to sell. its a vicous circle.
Your premise does not hold up when you look at what in reality is being reported nationally. While people "ride out the storm" in this economy, can more responsibly justify to do without PSL's and season tickets, than
many without food, fuel/electrical costs and mortage payents. Unfortunately, selling their PSL's and/or season tickets commonly necessitate selling them at significant loss.............if they are able to sell them at all. Furthermore, it remains the PSL holder's responsibility for the associated season ticket cost, if he cannot dump his PSL obligation........a very uncomfortable situation for one who is already strapped in this regrettable economy.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #14
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
Andrew I think you hit the nail on the head.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #15
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Check out what's going on in Tampa

Quote:
After trumpeting a waiting list thousands strong for almost a decade, the Buccaneers now say fans can purchase 2009 season tickets immediately.

A harsh economy has whittled away at Tampa Bay's season-ticket base, and the Bucs are expected to announce Friday that seats at Raymond James Stadium are now available to the general public without a wait.

"We're very committed to our fans, and you can see that in what we've done to accommodate them,'' said Jason Layton, Tampa Bay's senior director of sales and finance. "We've had really good renewals this year and we're pretty pleased, but we are going to make season tickets available to the public without the wait.''

Layton declined to specify how many season tickets would be freed up, starting Friday.

During the NFL meetings in California last month, Bucs co-chairman Joel Glazer acknowledged Tampa Bay could no longer afford to proceed with business as usual.

"There's no question the economy has had an effect on sports and we've seen it with the Buccaneers,'' Glazer told The Tribune. "Things are tough right now and a lot of families have been affected. Our season-ticket base has been affected. We have to make it easier for our fans to enjoy the Buccaneers. We're looking at things a little differently.''

The Bucs have designed some new ticket options for 2009:

*New four- and five-game half-season ticket packages.

*Upper level seating options without a seat deposit.

*Lower level seating available.

*Youth ticket prices.

*More flexible payment plans for season tickets.

"Yes, it's been a challenging time, but our sales group is excited about our new options,'' Layton said. "With the economy the way it is, it will be a lot easier for fans to purchase season tickets.''

According to a Team Marketing Report study released last fall, Tampa Bay's average ticket price of $90 in 2008 was second in the league only to perennial Super Bowl contender New England.

In January, the Bucs announced they would freeze season-ticket prices for 2009.

This year's season-ticket packages feature nine games at Raymond James Stadium instead of the usual 10 because Tampa Bay is listed as the home team for the Oct. 25 matchup against the Patriots at London's Wembley Stadium.

For ticket information, contact the Buccaneers sales department at (866) 582-2827.
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/apr...c/sports-bucs/
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009   #16
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Mini packages for football. Now I've seen everything.
Old 04-25-2009   #17
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Definitely. I was able to purchase ticket this season on the sole premiese that a seller (a respected member here on the board) was willing to take payments. The economy definitely played a part in that. Other people were not able to swoop in and snag these tickets with the cash in hand. As a result, I'm a proud season ticket holder this season.

Thank you, seller. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Bleep the economy. I have a job. Give me my tickets! Us diehards are a rare breed. It's going to take a lot to weasle these tickets from my hands, bad economy or not.
Old 04-25-2009   #18
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
If it gets fans in the seats...I think its a great idea. Baseball and basketball do this, why not football?
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #19
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
Can you just tell me where you are seeing and hearing this? I don't see anymore movement than in the past years. You don't think it may be wishful thinking since you say you are in the market for tickets huh? Wait until July when the tickets are mailed out and the preseason and Training camp starts.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #20
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
The Texans have been doing that for at least two years. The have been selling two packs...
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read