Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: so do you think we will get him
yes 14 18.67%
no 61 81.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2009   #1
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Lightbulb peppers could we get mabye...

You’ve probably already seen this article
from http://www.houstondiehards.com/?p=2959

“Of course, the Panthers would have the option to accept or decline any trade offer Carey brings to the table, and it’s unlikely if this were to come to fruition that he’d go anywhere in the NFC South. peppers seems to like the Houston area, so the Texans are certainly an option. Imagine Peppers playing opposite former North Carolina State star Mario Williams?”

That was written for a website called CarolinaGrowl.com, by a writer named Steve Reed. He also writes for the Gaston Gazette.

… and a further explanation of the Houston connection
I e-mailed Steve and asked him to expand on the above excerpt… I wanted to know more about Reed’s statement “Peppers seems to like the Houston area.”

I received a response which I have posted below in its entirety:

“Hey Chris:
I can tell you that he hangs out there in the off-season quite a bit,
he has friends there and his agent lives there, too. He can kind of get
lost in Houston whereas he can’t here in Charlotte as everybody recognizes
him. Hope that helps. -Steve”

and the reson i think

we saved 4m from green and 4.5m from green wood total 8.5m plus we got the rest of the salery cap

we would have to give 1st round pick and some money but
we saved 4m from green and 4.5m from green wood total 8.5m plus we got the rest of the salery cap

soooo.... can we ??????

enter your taughts in the pole
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #2
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: peppers could we get maby...

No.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I still say it's a wonderful idea that won't ever happen.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #4
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

What's a maby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

No we will not pursue Julius Peppers. He will want too much money, and if he is franchised by the Panthers, giving up draft picks would be even worse.
Old 02-11-2009   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
What's a maby?
A Martian baby.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #7
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Exclamation Re: peppers could we get maby...

wow that was fast

just got done editing and thx for the ancers that makes me sad =[
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-11-2009   #8
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Even I - who wrote the article linked above - don't think there's a snowball's chance we'll sign him. I was just putting it out there that he has Houston ties. You have to think about the INCREDIBLE amount of money we would have to tie up in the two DE positions between Peppers and Mario's upcoming extension/new deal that he'll get in a couple of years. It's just too much.

Plus - we don't even NEED an elite pass rusher on the other side. We just need a solid-to-very good one. I think we've lost sight of that because of how bad Anthony Weaver has been getting to the QB.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #9
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post
You’ve probably already seen this article
from http://www.houstondiehards.com/?p=2959

“Of course, the Panthers would have the option to accept or decline any trade offer Carey brings to the table, and it’s unlikely if this were to come to fruition that he’d go anywhere in the NFC South. peppers seems to like the Houston area, so the Texans are certainly an option. Imagine Peppers playing opposite former North Carolina State star Mario Williams?”

That was written for a website called CarolinaGrowl.com, by a writer named Steve Reed. He also writes for the Gaston Gazette.

… and a further explanation of the Houston connection
I e-mailed Steve and asked him to expand on the above excerpt… I wanted to know more about Reed’s statement “Peppers seems to like the Houston area.”

I received a response which I have posted below in its entirety:

“Hey Chris:
I can tell you that he hangs out there in the off-season quite a bit,
he has friends there and his agent lives there, too. He can kind of get
lost in Houston whereas he can’t here in Charlotte as everybody recognizes
him. Hope that helps. -Steve”

and the reson i think

we would have to give 1st round pick and some money but

soooo.... can we ??????

Why a first round pick? From what I can find he's an Unrestricted Free Agent.
Old 02-11-2009   #10
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Why a first round pick? From what I can find he's an Unrestricted Free Agent.
If he gets Franchised or a sign and trade.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

No, not get maby peppers could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
A Martian baby.
Repped Thorn for his answer as to what a Maby was.
Old 02-11-2009   #12
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Even I - who wrote the article linked above - don't think there's a snowball's chance we'll sign him. I was just putting it out there that he has Houston ties. You have to think about the INCREDIBLE amount of money we would have to tie up in the two DE positions between Peppers and Mario's upcoming extension/new deal that he'll get in a couple of years. It's just too much.

Plus - we don't even NEED an elite pass rusher on the other side. We just need a solid-to-very good one. I think we've lost sight of that because of how bad Anthony Weaver has been getting to the QB.
This made me lol.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #13
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

why does the title of this thread make me think Yoda is a Texans fan?

"To Houston Peppers could come!"

"Win superbowl Texans maybe could!"
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Do I think we can get him? Yes. Do I think we will? I give it about a 15% chance at best.
Old 02-11-2009   #15
DoCRoN
Veteran

Section: 608!!
Rep Power: 1328 DoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post

WTF?
Old 02-11-2009   #16
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #17
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

To get that type of impact player I would say do it but will it probably not.
PHAROAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #18
superdave532
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 superdave532 was voted MVPsuperdave532 was voted MVPsuperdave532 was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post

This is a really good point that I think a lot of people on this board (including myself) tend to forget sometimes. Mario is one of the best in the game, maybe the best in the next couple years. He's going to get one hell of an extension when his original contract is up, and while Peppers with Mario has Madden implications that I cannot even begin to imagine.. the team as a whole will be better off if we spend that money on complimentary players.

A guy can dream though, right?
superdave532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #19
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

When I first saw this I thought he was referring to "Maybin"
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: peppers could we get mabye...

This is going to be just like the past couple years. Everybody's ranting and raving about wanting certain big name FA's. Then come the first week or two of March people are going to be asking why aren't we going after any good FA's? Why aren't we bringing anybody in to look at?

LOL! If I knew how to work the search option worth a crap I'd dig a couple threads up for fun.

Eh, I know it's a MB and all that jazz. I just think it's kinda funny. Peppers.....LOL.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read