Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-10-2009   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default [Speculation] Veteran RBs of interest by the Texans

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=1...=3661728&fhn=1

The team is believed to be interested in signing a veteran back with size and could have interest in free agents such as Derrick Ward, Correll Buckhalter, or Michael Pittman.

Those are some good choices.....

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #2
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [Speculation] Veteran RBs of interest by the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=1...=3661728&fhn=1

The team is believed to be interested in signing a veteran back with size and could have interest in free agents such as Derrick Ward, Correll Buckhalter, or Michael Pittman.

Those are some good choices.....
Ward is the only one of real interest to me. Correll has been ok when he has been healthy but unfortunately that hasn't been often enough. Only way I'd be interested in Pittman if it's a real small one year deal. The guy is 33.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #3
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

oh man, that would be fantastic if we signed Ward.
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #4
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be OK with Pittman. He is a good short yardage goal line back.

I think we need to draft a young RB in rds 4-7 to go along with the veteran RB we pick up in FA.

If New England cuts Maroney we should look at picking him up. He played in the ZBS in college.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been calling for Buckhalter for years. I'd love to have him here.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Aaron Stecker still available? I thought Deshaun Foster would be a nice fit too.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #7
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Who are these people!?
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-11-2009   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I've been calling for Buckhalter for years. I'd love to have him here.
I believe Buckhalter has spent more games on the IR than on the field in his career.

Talented, but I'll pass.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe so, but he's been clean for 2 or 3 seasons. He was actually ahead of Brian Westbrook on the depth chart until Westbrook emerged after his injuries. I don't think he's had more injuries than Owen Daniels.
Old 02-12-2009   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I believe so, but he's been clean for 2 or 3 seasons. He was actually ahead of Brian Westbrook on the depth chart until Westbrook emerged after his injuries. I don't think he's had more injuries than Owen Daniels.
That's kind of like saying Andre Davis was ahead of AJ until he got over his injury in 2007. Buckhalter is 30 and has missed 3 full years out of an 8 year NFL career. OD missed two games his rookie year. Wouldn't mind Buckhalter as a complimentary back but I don't get those comparisons.
Old 02-12-2009   #11
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Ward was the number one RB on my wish list last sesaon when he was (I believe) an RFA. I'd still love to have the guy. Even more now, actually.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
That's kind of like saying Andre Davis was ahead of AJ until he got over his injury in 2007. Buckhalter is 30 and has missed 3 full years out of an 8 year NFL career. OD missed two games his rookie year. Wouldn't mind Buckhalter as a complimentary back but I don't get those comparisons.
Westbrook was behind Buckhalter on the depth chart until Buckhalter was hurt all those years. He's been playing really well as a complimentary back. As far as the OD thing, he's torn his ACL twice. One of the concerns about him on draft day was that he was injury prone after hurting his knee multiple times. It's something that can be overcome. I'm not sure on the specifics of Buckhalter's injuries, but he looks plenty strong when he plays for the Eagles.

On that note, I can see Anthony Aldridge coming over here. I'm calling it right now.
Old 02-12-2009   #13
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

On that note, I can see Anthony Aldridge coming over here. I'm calling it right now.
Redskins claimed him off waivers today. Damn.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Damn! But he's not expensive, overrated, or washed up...maybe it's a false report?
Old 02-13-2009   #15
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Damn! But he's not expensive, overrated, or washed up...maybe it's a false report?
LOL, unfortunately no. Apparently the Vikings also put a claim in on him, but the Redskins had the worse record. I assume since they reported that, they would have reported all the teams that put a claim in, so I guess Houston wasn't interested.

I wouldn't mind seeing him here. Ah well.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 02-13-2009   #16
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

I'm not sure how waivers work, do the Redskins now move all the way to the bottom?
Old 02-13-2009   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not sure how waivers work, do the Redskins now move all the way to the bottom?
I don't think so. It's by the order of the records. I'm not sure about how they decide tie-breakers. Probably strength of schedule or something.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009   #18
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Yeah, they don't move. It stays in order of record.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 02-13-2009   #19
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
LOL, unfortunately no. Apparently the Vikings also put a claim in on him, but the Redskins had the worse record. I assume since they reported that, they would have reported all the teams that put a claim in, so I guess Houston wasn't interested.

I wouldn't mind seeing him here. Ah well.
If we're going by draft order, the Washington Redskins have priority over us in waivers. I find it hard to believe we didn't make a claim for him, but then again, I was somewhat surprised to see Gradkowski get picked up.
Old 02-13-2009   #20
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

I would like to keep slaton tto 17 carries a game. I really want 2 more rbs. Rudi Johnnson and JJ Arrington. Slaton 17 times, Johnson 10, and jj 7.If everyone avg 4 ypc, that's almost 140 per game. That's the old broncos kubes perfected.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read