Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Breaking News/Green-Greenwood released

I'm teenking uv d positive u ponderin da evil.
u wonder why u life iz so miza-rabble.

Morlon izza rappa AKA De Ultimate. Maybe he and James Allen (Mersilis) can be a duet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-nldENm6Ls

Well I do want to say thanks to Ahman. Not so much for his contribution on the field, but for being a part of the donor that got that lady into a home for herself and young son with Autism. Classy move, Mr. Green.

Last edited:
the-best-day-ever.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdqfz856uNc

:woot2

I guess this goes to show you how confident the staff is in Adibi and Diles. It's kind of exciting.

Last edited:
oh noes...

I was also a big supporter of Greenwood, but he really let me down this season. Addition by subtraction. Hello cap money

Its interesting to me that only these 2 were released right away. This tells me a few things:

1. They liked what they saw in Abidi
2. They are waiting to see what happens with DE over the FA period and draft before making a decision on Weaver

Very good news, we continue to trim the fat. Anyone know how much cap space this is going to clear and how long these contracts will be on the books?

Very good news, we continue to trim the fat. Anyone know how much cap space this is going to clear and how long these contracts will be on the books?

I'm not sure if this is updated or not. Green restructured last season, right.

If I'm reading Kieth's cap page correctly we'll clear around 12.8 in cap space. Is this correct?

:whip::splits:.....The happiness i feel at this moment is 2nd only to the birth of my children.

...now lets keep it moving with 1 Mr. Petey "toasties" Faggins & Anthony "do-nothing-for-alot" Weaver. If they made this happen i'd already be excited for next season...

From inthebullseye.com

Greenwoods contract expires in 09. He was scheduled to earn 6.3 million this year. I think we save about 5 million by cutting him with 1.5 million in dead money this year only

Green's contract ends in 2010, and he was scheduled to make 6.6 million. I think we save around 4 million by cutting him with around 2 million in dead money this season. I don't know how much his 2010 guaranteed money was supposed to be, but its got to be very small (his original contract only had like 6 or 7 million guaranteed and I think we've already paid close to that amount)

I'm not sure if this is updated or not. Green restructured last season, right.

If I'm reading Kieth's cap page correctly we'll clear around 12.8 in cap space. Is this correct?

Green restructured, but only for last season and only his base salary. We will clear 12.8 in cap space but incur about 3.5 in dead money this season

Green restructured, but only for last season and only his base salary. We will clear 12.8 in cap space but incur about 3.5 in dead money this season

Not bad considering we went from having double digits in dead money in 2007 to around 1 million before this I think.

Say what you want, but our cap management has been light years ahead of our first regime. Obviously.

That is some substantial money. Combined with our already substantial cap space we should have plenty to extend guys like DeMeco, Daniels and Walter as well as (hopefully) re-sign Dunta. Even after that we could potentially be players in FA if the right player became available.

We just saved 7.33M on the cap this season with these releases. Every agent will want to speak with us and our ~37m and counting to play with this offseason.

Not bad considering we went from having double digits in dead money in 2007 to around 1 million before this I think.

Say what you want, but our cap management has been light years ahead of our first regime. Obviously.

THANK YOU CHRIS OLSEN!!!! - Cap Guru we got from the NFL league office. I think the biggest thing to building a perennial winner is to get a great coaching and front office staff. Guys like Kubiak, Smith, Gibbs, Olsen, etc. It looks like that's what we've been doing and hopefully add to it.

We just saved 7.33M on the cap this season with these releases. Every agent will want to speak with us and our ~37m and counting to play with this offseason.

How do you get 7.33M?
Their combined 2009 salary figures were 12.9 million, and the allocated bonus pay for this season was 3.5 million. This seems to indicate a net savings of 9.4 million against the cap.

Are you assuming the other 2 million is from Green's bonus allocation? If so, how do you see his 2010 cap hit numbers?

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/s...166.php/Ahman_Green_and_Texans_agree_to_terms
His original contract was signed in May of 2007, 4 years 23 million with 6.5 guaranteed

http://www.inthebullseye.com/cap2009.html
07 - dont know
08 - His 08 bonus allocation was 4.45 million
09 - His 09 bonus allocation was 2.037 million
10 - don't know

It would seem that his bonus was front-weighted such that we won't have any dead money on the 2010 cap from his cutting this year, right?

This is good news, just like some of the folks we saw leave last year, it meant we were improving and hopefully upgrading.

Holy Toledo, I didn't think Green had been here 4 seasons, I thought it was 3, but according to the Chron dot com article it's 4, that's how much dude was off the field, I forgot how long we had him.

Nothing surprising here!

When we first signed Ahman, I hoped that he can stay healthy.
But I had expected that this year we can't neither count on him nor Chris Brown to do so.
It's a good thing that he restructured his contract.
But really, we need healthy bodies!

Greenwood, thanks for trying. Smart player without enough talent can't get hurt to begin with.

Sorry guys, it's just a business!

This is good news, just like some of the folks we saw leave last year, it meant we were improving and hopefully upgrading.

Holy Toledo, I didn't think Green had been here 4 seasons, I thought it was 3, but according to the Chron dot com article it's 4, that's how much dude was off the field, I forgot how long we had him.

Paul, Green was only here 2 years. 2007 and 2008.

http://stats.chron.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=4261&team=34&page=enc

Greenwood was here for 4 years.

I am overly excited now at this news, I just saw it on WalterFootball.com and came here to see if anyone spread the news yet. I feel so relieved we let go of that roster space eater Green(did anyone see him on the movie BigStan) and also Greenwood who wasnt only mediocre. Now lets drop Weaver and Faggins, so we can move on to bigger and better things. Heck yes baby!!!!!!

How do you get 7.33M?
Their combined 2009 salary figures were 12.9 million, and the allocated bonus pay for this season was 3.5 million. This seems to indicate a net savings of 9.4 million against the cap.

Are you assuming the other 2 million is from Green's bonus allocation? If so, how do you see his 2010 cap hit numbers?

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/s...166.php/Ahman_Green_and_Texans_agree_to_terms
His original contract was signed in May of 2007, 4 years 23 million with 6.5 guaranteed

http://www.inthebullseye.com/cap2009.html
07 - dont know
08 - His 08 bonus allocation was 4.45 million
09 - His 09 bonus allocation was 2.037 million
10 - don't know

It would seem that his bonus was front-weighted such that we won't have any dead money on the 2010 cap from his cutting this year, right?

I estmated Green's bonus allocation would mirror 2008 - 2.037m

Greenwood is easy - we see 4.768m of goodness.

Green would be esimated at a savings of 2.562m.

With all that said, per inthebullseye.com's numbers and you aptly calling out the 4.45m allocation in 2008, Green did re-negotiate his contract last year which inthebullseye may reflect. In this event we would indeed see a greater savings for this release. :splits:

Money-money-money-moneeeee.....money! :banana:

Any idea whether you think McNair plans on using the cap space or staying low due ot the financial crisis?

I am overly excited now at this news, I just saw it on WalterFootball.com and came here to see if anyone spread the news yet. I feel so relieved we let go of that roster space eater Green(did anyone see him on the movie BigStan) and also Greenwood who wasnt only mediocre. Now lets drop Weaver and Faggins, so we can move on to bigger and better things. Heck yes baby!!!!!!

I'm all for letting Weaver go but I want to give Faggins time with the new DC and DB coach and see what happens.

This is god news. Greenwood and his "definition of pass interference" play in the endzone last season is gone, and so is that Green dude.(not the HULK) :jam:

I couldnt be happier. I have let my feelings be known about Greenwood for the last 3 years. In fact I never liked the guy. It does worry me though. This is a weak year for OLB's in the draft IMO. I really hope we dont reach for a guy like Cushing.

Back