Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-10-2009   #1
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kasey Studdard on radio at 9am CST in to discuss Texans

I would have posted this in the other thread, but figured it would get lost. is going to be on 1300am in Austin in the 9 o'clock (CST) hour to discuss the contract drill issue.

Here is the link to listen.

http://www.sportsradio1300.com/main.html
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #2
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kasey Studdard on radio at 9am CST in to discuss Texans

...and of course I'm not getting the live stream to work now for some reason. If someone catches it and can provide and update it would be great.
Old 02-10-2009   #3
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Ok, I had to go “old school” and actually find a radio to listen in.

What can you say from a players point of view….what took place?

Wasn’t aware of the rule, didn’t think twice about it. But now knows the rule, but no comment on what the coaches should/shouldn’t do.

At the time the OTAs were happening, was anyone pissed about it?

He plays, and does what coaches tell him to do. “That’s the way I roll”. It’s hard work, and what he needs to do…but apparently it isn’t the right thing to do. It’s a rule…”I guess I should abide by it?”. Sounds like he could care less that it’s a rule and would just as soon be out there doing the drills.
Said he doesn’t have the right to say (being a young player) “it’s against the collective bargaining agreement” and he’s not going to do it…he’s going to do what the coach tells him to do.

On last season
What clicked at the end of the season?
Team had “slow ass start”, but had some “come to Jesus” meetings and finally started clicking on all cylinders.

On Alex Gibbs
It’s a different attitude than other coaches…he’s old school…you’re going to take the ball make one cut and that’s the way it’s going to happen. He’s a jerk that way, my way or the highway, and Studdard loves it, thinks he’s one of the greatest coaches ever. He breaks the player down until he understands it and then the light bulb comes on in the players head.

Going from college starter to backup to Pitts
The dude hasn’t come off the field in 7 years. Studdard expects to keep working hard in the offseason, 100% and improve. There is so much to learn from the veterans, ins/outs of techniques on every play.

That was it…
Old 02-10-2009   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Repped.

Good stuff. Even though these aren't the best of circumstances, it's nice to see the Texans getting any kind of press in Austin.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #5
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Screw 1300. All Longhorns and Cowboys all the time. They never EVER talk Texans. That station can bite me.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Screw 1300. All Longhorns and Cowboys all the time. They never EVER talk Texans. That station can bite me.
lol it seems funny that you would express your outrage over them never having Texans coverage by boycotting their coverage of the Texans
Old 02-10-2009   #7
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Uh, yeah - that's exactly my point. Not a word on the Texans - ever - then when a "scandal" breaks, they're all over it.

Where was the coverage about the positive or negative stuff on the Texans last season? It was nowhere. Not a peep.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-10-2009   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Uh, yeah - that's exactly my point. Not a word on the Texans - ever - then when a "scandal" breaks, they're all over it.

Where was the coverage about the positive or negative stuff on the Texans last season? It was nowhere. Not a peep.
You've got to think about it like advertising--- any coverage is good coverage.

If they get listeners to tune in for scandals, maybe they'll try positive stuff too

The Texans have a tiny following outside Houston, so I'll take any coverage we can get
Old 02-10-2009   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

If they get listeners to tune in for scandals, maybe they'll try positive stuff too

The Texans have a tiny following outside Houston, so I'll take any coverage we can get
Chris is right. You have to be here and listen to their BS to fully grasp. I personally haven't tuned them in for about the last five years. Also as Chris says, suddenly they want to talk Texans when there's a scandal of some kind.

I'll bet the first question was "Did you think Texas should have played in the BCS Championship game this year?"

No, not a peep. I'll pass. I consider them the All Things Houston Haters on the radio front.
Old 02-10-2009   #10
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
On last season

had some “come to Jesus” meetings and finally started clicking on all cylinders.
I wish this were explained a little...was there actually a meeting?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #11
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually, the guys in the afternoon drive slot do talk about the Texans. AJ Hoffman is a big fantasy football fan so he's fairly knowledgeable about the team, and he's a VY basher so he frequently revisits the 2006 draft.

Also, Rod Babers (Lamar High graduate, btw) is a good friend of Kyle Shanahan so they will often talk about his performance as offensive coordinator.

I like 1300 much more than 1530. Now those guys NEVER talk Texans.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I wish this were explained a little...was there actually a meeting?
We'll probably never know what took place in these meetings, but I'd bet they didn't contain these three items on the agenda:

1) The teams we are playing are too good for us to compete against and win.
2) It isn't fair we have to play so many games on the road to start the season.
3) We can't play well because of Ike.

Old 02-12-2009   #13
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
So bipolar TO, Jerry Jones aka Al Davis the 2nd, the PacMan saga and that joke reality TV show. You would really want that kind of "coverage" for the Texans?

I tend to feel that negative coverage is not good coverage.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read