Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-09-2009   #1
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans have a S/C Coach

Texans promote longtime assistant Wright

"Ray Wright, who has been with the Texans since their first season, has been promoted to strength and conditioning coach.

Wright, who was hired in 2002, was the assistant strength and conditioning coach for seven years under Dan Riley, whose contract wasn’t renewed after the season.

Last week, the Texans hired Geoff Kaplan of the Tennessee Titans as their new head athletic trainer. He replaced Kevin Bastin, whose contract wasn’t renewed. Bastin and Riley had been with the Texans since their inaugural season"

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6254965.html
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #2
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans have a S/C Coach

clearly he's the Wright choice.

Promoting from within is the key to stability.

Go Texans.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #3
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

So much for Richard Justice's "Rick Smith wants to bring his own guys in because he is a vindictive jerk" theory.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #4
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Is anyone worried that Wright will do the SAME THINGS that Riley did?
Old 02-09-2009   #5
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
Very worried

It seems as though Smithiak was pi**ed at Riley for being Justice mole.

What is Dickie going to do now.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #6
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey when you are the #2 guy in an organization, then you have to do the things the way the #1 want to do them. Obviously Wright has shown the team a plan that they are willing to try. Plus he has a understanding of the player and their needs.

So will he be like Riley? Was Jeff Fisher like Buddy Ryan? No.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes.

I'm not liking this at all but I'll wait until I hear more about actual routines he's using before I freak out.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-10-2009   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I expected them to hire from within after they hired only a trainer from the Titans. I can tell you the players are pleased with this, Eric Winston said guys liked the previous staff and he hoped a S/C coach was hired from within.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Yes.

I'm not liking this at all but I'll wait until I hear more about actual routines he's using before I freak out.
Hey to you and other S&C folks, here's my latest blog post comparing and contrasting the Jaguars program with the Texans:

Strength and conditioning programs: A look at what the Jaguars are doing

I'd like the MB peeps who are interested in that subject to leave some comments over there(no sign-in necessary--just asks for basic name, email info and nothing is done with the email).

I can't imagine that Wright is going to do anything profoundly different other than being easier for the staff to deal with as far as being open minded. Riley has one way he likes to do things.
Old 02-17-2009   #10
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Hey to you and other S&C folks, here's my latest blog post comparing and contrasting the Jaguars program with the Texans:

Strength and conditioning programs: A look at what the Jaguars are doing

I'd like the MB peeps who are interested in that subject to leave some comments over there(no sign-in necessary--just asks for basic name, email info and nothing is done with the email).

I can't imagine that Wright is going to do anything profoundly different other than being easier for the staff to deal with as far as being open minded. Riley has one way he likes to do things.

I alway learn more from reading your stuff, thank you.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read