Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-08-2009   #1
forcefollow
Rookie

Rep Power: 229 forcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Free agent list/Players released

I glanced over the list of free agents that would fill an area of need for Houston and in my opinion it seams like slim pickings. Haynesworth looks good, but Houston is probably not willing to pay him. The safety from the eagles also looks tempting. Other than Darren Sproles no player on the tailback list jumped out at me.

Anyone else I have overlooked.
forcefollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #2
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59115 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Free agant list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefollow View Post
I glanced over the list of free agents that would fill an area of need for Houston and in my opinion it seams like slim pickings. Haynesworth looks good, but Houston is probably not willing to pay him. The safety from the eagles also looks tempting. Other than Darren Sproles no player on the tailback list jumped out at me.

This link might help.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #3
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

How about Karlos Dansby OLB from Arizona-UFA. He's 6'04", 250lbs., and 27yoa. He'd definetly fill a need at SLB.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #4
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Look for Dansby to end up in Miami. Parcells loves him and the feeling is mutual with Dansby. He would look great in a Texan uniform though.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #5
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

There are only really 3 Free Agents I'd really like to see the Texans go after, even though I don't see them getting ANY of them.

Nnamdi Asomugha - CB, Raiders
Julius Peppers - DE, Panthers
O.J. Atogwe - FS, Rams

Of course there are some other guys who look interesting in Free Agency, but that is easily my Top 3.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #6
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 95 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
There are only really 3 Free Agents I'd really like to see the Texans go after, even though I don't see them getting ANY of them.

Nnamdi Asomugha - CB, Raiders
Julius Peppers - DE, Panthers
O.J. Atogwe - FS, Rams

Of course there are some other guys who look interesting in Free Agency, but that is easily my Top 3.
I think we will have a shot at O.J. Atogwe but the other two free agents will be to costly.
PHAROAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #7
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 95 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

My top free agents that I would the Texans to go after. I know that we can't sign all of them but I would like to go after some of the players listed below.

1. Karlos Dansby - UFA 6-4/240 OLB
2. Oshiomogho Atogwe - UFA 5-11/210 Safety
3. Leroy Hill - UFA 6-1/224 OLB
4. Derrick Ward - UFA 5-11/228 RB
5. Tank Johnson UFA 6-3/300 DT
6. Vernon Carey UFA 6-4/333 OT/OG ** Move to guard **
PHAROAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-09-2009   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Player's that were Released Today

A few players were released today. I reckon there will be more to come in the near future.

Quote:
The National Football Post reports that the Browns have released QB Ken Dorsey, LB Antwan Peek, and CB Terry Cousin.
Quote:
Lions released TE Dan Campbell, OL Jon Dunn, and G Edwin Mulitalo, CB Leigh Bodden, S Dwight Smith.
Quote:
Giants released CB Sam Madison, RB Reuben Droughns, and S Sammy Knight.
*Edit: Add WR Mike Furrey to the Lions list of cuts.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...aspx?sport=NFL

Last edited by HOU-TEX; 02-09-2009 at 04:59 PM.
HOU-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #9
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 32564 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Player's that were Released Today

I guess Ruben is soon to be a Texan

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Ha. I hope not. The only 2 that might have anything to offer us would be Bodden and possibly Cousins. Primarily for depth purposes.
Old 02-09-2009   #11
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cut Schaub! Sign Dorsey!

[/sarcasm]
Old 02-09-2009   #12
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
gee another Texan-Ex Bronco comment......I can never get enough of those.

Bruce Gradkoski was also released. Don't see a lot of help in this wave maybe as time goes on and contract talks breakdown or decisions are made to go ina different dicrection on some staffs we could some some interesting FA. The link did talk about the Jets being likely to pursue Bart Scott. Wonder if they could afford him despite last year's spending spree.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #13
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Dwight Smith would be a solid pickup at the bargain bin. Solid FS who can play CB in a pinch and a good insurance policy in the DB rotation if any of the starters get injured.
Old 02-09-2009   #14
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Dwight Smith would be a solid pickup at the bargain bin. Solid FS who can play CB in a pinch and a good insurance policy in the DB rotation if any of the starters get injured.
I'll buy that for a dollar.

Could you make the argument that he'd be better depth than Will Demps or CC Brown? I'm thinking "yes."
Old 02-09-2009   #15
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Peek!
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #16
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefollow View Post

why would you want another tailback when we have Steve Slaton?

Doesn't make sense.
Old 02-09-2009   #17
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13104 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
why would you want another tailback when we have Steve Slaton?

Doesn't make sense.
Just on the off chance that Slaton can't play the entire game without sitting out one or two plays
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #18
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Oshiomogho Atogwe and B. Harrison are both Stanford players. Should be pretty smart, which is a good thing for a safety.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #19
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Knowing us we are going to try and snag all the denver players ........ LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #20
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

How about DE Bertrand Berry from the Cardinals? He's a quality player that probably could be brought in for a very reasonable contract.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read