Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-07-2009   #1
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "The Genreal's" Most Recent blog

If you had any doubt about his ability as the Texans' beat writer follow his admissions throughout the blog.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2009/02/t...ey_dont_l.html
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "The Genreal's" Most Recent blog

Quote:
One thing is certain: When the players return for the OTAs in March and the minicamp in May, they won't be doing any drills that aren't allowed under the CBA.
Don't write checks your pasty tush can't cash. I'm willing to bet some UFA's and Tim Bulman type players will go full speed contact. It's not like the coaches told them to go full speed.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tim, the NFL has not investigated the Texans. That's not how the system works. I thought I explained it in the stories, but here goes: Players file grievances or union reps file reports with the union. Independent arbitrators hear the grievances and make rulings. If the NFLPA gets a report that the Texans are breaking the rules, the league checks it out and makes a quick ruling. For instance, the Giants broke the rules a couple of days ago. They were turned in early, and the league eliminated their last week of OTAs. In this case, once the artibtators rule on the grievances, the league will step in and decide what, if any, penalty or penalties the Texans are going to get. Because of the video provided by Stevenson, the Texans can't deny it. Also, Black didn't claim in his grievance he was injured in an illegal drill. He told ESPN that. -- JOHN}
from the link way down in the comments

Black, I wonder why he didn't claim this on his grievance?
(I have theories but..)
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 383864 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

The other day when The General was on 610am a guy called in with a typical no way trade suggestion of Andre Davis for Haloti Ngata. John displayed his football acumen by saying Ngata is a 3-4 DT not a 4-3 DT. Really John? Ngata sitting in between Okoye and Mario just wouldn't work out because he is a "3-4" DT. Get serious.
Old 02-08-2009   #5
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The other day when The General was on 610am a guy called in with a typical no way trade suggestion of Andre Davis for Haloti Ngata. John displayed his football acumen by saying Ngata is a 3-4 DT not a 4-3 DT. Really John? Ngata sitting in between Okoye and Mario just wouldn't work out because he is a "3-4" DT. Get serious.
His new thing is to dismiss the idea of the team getting someone like Orakpo or Maybin because they aren't big enough to play LDE. And, according to McClain, Mario plays RDE so they need a bigger DE who can hold up on the strong side. I guess there's no point in pointing out a team like Indy who has Freeney and Mathis on opposite ends. Or, pointing out the fact that Mario can and does play LDE. Not only that, but Mario is a guy that you're gonna move around in passing situations in order to exploit matchups.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
When Ngata intercepted Sage on the 1 yard line for some reason I thought to myself, "Wow, that was an excellent play by a FOOTBALL PLAYER."

I am sure McClain didn't even recognize the play because that's not a play that a 3-4 NT can make...
Old 02-08-2009   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I watched Ngata calling signals as the upback for the punt team at Oregon . He is big , agile , and strong . I remember watching him ... I think it was him ... as a man among boys in the Army highschool all-star game .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-08-2009   #8
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

don't the Raven's run a hybrid defence anyways running both 34 & 43 packages?

I lol'd for the Ngata / Davis trade suggestion...
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ngata's a great football player, 3-4, 4-3, or whatever scheme Rex Ryan made them run.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
When Ngata intercepted Sage on the 1 yard line for some reason I thought to myself, "Wow, that was an excellent play by a FOOTBALL PLAYER."

I am sure McClain didn't even recognize the play because that's not a play that a 3-4 NT can make...
I was at that game with an EZ seat so I got to watch Ngata make that play at close range and it was as you say "an excellent play for a football player" but an incredible athletic feat for a 300+ lb. football player.
This is just further testimony to the calibre of talent in the 2006 Draft, where
Ngata was not taken until the 12th pick.
If I could take one player but only one from the Baltimore defense it would be this guy. Before Ed Sneed, before Ray Lewis, before Suggs, before any of them.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
His new thing is to dismiss the idea of the team getting someone like Orakpo or Maybin because they aren't big enough to play LDE. And, according to McClain, Mario plays RDE so they need a bigger DE who can hold up on the strong side. I guess there's no point in pointing out a team like Indy who has Freeney and Mathis on opposite ends. Or, pointing out the fact that Mario can and does play LDE. Not only that, but Mario is a guy that you're gonna move around in passing situations in order to exploit matchups.
Plus, we're not HOLDING THE LINE like we did when Richard Smith was here.

We're getting to the ball. McClain needs to remember that the defensive style changed the day Frank Bush became d-coord.

No more waiting and watching. It's GO time.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #12
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Ravens decide to trade H. Ngata for Andre Davis I would do it in a heartbeat. Mr. Ngata can play in any system.
PHAROAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #13
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
If the Ravens decide to trade H. Ngata for Andre Davis I would do it in a heartbeat. Mr. Ngata can play in any system.
If someone decided to offer me $1,000,000 I would take it in a heartbeat.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #14
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
If someone decided to offer me $1,000,000 I would take it in a heartbeat.
No matter what you had to do to earn that $1,000,000?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read