Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2009   #21
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Texans players say they had illegal contract drills at 2008 mini-camp"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Meh, I don't think it's going to be a big deal. It sounds like sour grapes from 3 players no longer with the team. Even if it were to go against the Texans I wouldn't think the punishment would be too extreme.
Thought about that one too, but in all honesty they're the ones injurey AND off the team, they have nothing to lose. If anyone is to speak up they're the ones, they lost it all and have nothing else to lose to bring this up.

Not saying they're right, just pointing out that if someone were to complain about illegal procedures in the off-season, these would be the guys doing it.
Old 02-05-2009   #22
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Texans players say they had illegal contract drills at 2008 mini-camp"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Thought about that one too, but in all honesty they're the ones injurey AND off the team, they have nothing to lose. If anyone is to speak up they're the ones, they lost it all and have nothing else to lose to bring this up.

Not saying they're right, just pointing out that if someone were to complain about illegal procedures in the off-season, these would be the guys doing it.
It's funny to me that the only one not currently on a team is the one not talking to the media.
Old 02-05-2009   #23
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Would these guys have even made the team? If they get hurt during contact drills in minicamp do you think they would have much of a career playing 16+ games a season at a high level week in and week out? I understand its a rule, but to me it just looks these guys are trying to get some sort of compensation or something.

I think its a sport in other countries I think its called rugby or something like that.

Hell Diles broke his leg running down the field in a non-contact drill because he tripped over himself and had a freak accident.

Typical ESPN blowing things out of proportion like LeBron blocking Yao from the weakside or LeBron buying a pepsi from a vending machine using a $2 bill or LeBron shooting a free-throw.

What a joke... hey Stevenson...

"Man's game b*tch!"
Old 02-05-2009   #24
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
It's funny to me that the only one not currently on a team is the one not talking to the media.
Im not following you here?
2 of the 3 players mentioned in this espn-stuff are off the team right ?
Old 02-05-2009   #25
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

A question for somebody more knowledgeable then me. Would shoulder pads have prevented a town labrum?
Old 02-05-2009   #26
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yes, but after reading the article I got the impression that this happens on an annual basis. This year it's the Texans turn. lol

IMO, it's no biggie.
Old 02-05-2009   #27
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Alex Gibbs cut-block, it's whats for lawsuits.
Sponsored links
Old 02-05-2009   #28
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Im not following you here?
2 of the 3 players mentioned in this espn-stuff are off the team right ?
Nevermind...brainfart of epic proportions.

Black is a Jag. Stevenson is still a Texan, on IR. Chucky Okobi is not on a roster.

I wonder how long Stevenson is a Texan after this?
Old 02-05-2009   #29
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
Would these guys have even made the team? If they get hurt during contact drills in minicamp do you think they would have much of a career playing 16+ games a season at a high level week in and week out? I understand its a rule, but to me it just looks these guys are trying to get some sort of compensation or something.

I think its a sport in other countries I think its called rugby or something like that.

Hell Diles broke his leg running down the field in a non-contact drill because he tripped over himself and had a freak accident.

Typical ESPN blowing things out of proportion like LeBron blocking Yao from the weakside or LeBron buying a pepsi from a vending machine using a $2 bill or LeBron shooting a free-throw.

What a joke... hey Stevenson...

"Man's game b*tch!"
Thats just complete rubbish on so many levels.

Yes they are trying to get compensation because they're careers are ruined, and they damn well should.

That whole 'mans game' talk, do you realize how dumb it sounds? If you lose your job, would you be all manly about it and say 'sure, it's a mans world, I should suck it up'?
Old 02-05-2009   #30
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: "Texans players say they had illegal contract drills at 2008 mini-camp"

Seriously dude - you're a player I have never herd of, get injured, and sneak a video camera in the film room? Hope your grievance works out, because you'll never play in the NFL again.

Sorry you got hurt, hope you get what is coming for your injury AND NOTHING MORE, but jackass.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 02-05-2009   #31
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yes, but after reading the article I got the impression that this happens on an annual basis. This year it's the Texans turn. lol

IMO, it's no biggie.
I agree, Im sure all teams do it. That does IMO not change the fact that the players injured are entitled to bring it to the NFLPA's attention and seek some sort of compensation.

Perhaps this will bury the accusations by some that this is a soft franchise
Old 02-05-2009   #32
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:

Black is a Jag. Stevenson is still a Texan, on IR. Chucky Okobi is not on a roster.

Oh dear, thought I had the brain-fart, thanks for saving my ass there

Stevenson might be one of the first players to go, considering that he brought a camera to training... Im sure that's grounds to kick him out.
Old 02-05-2009   #33
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

What a joke. End your career because of a torn labrum? Plenty of people get that injury and come back just fine. Sure 3 people got hurt durnig minicamp, but how many more got injured throughout the year? Tihs is just sensationalist journalism.

I say we ship this guy overseas and leave him there. This football team is a family, and you don't ever go against the family
Old 02-05-2009   #34
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Weary, an ex, agrees with them though. It people gave him any respect for this time here.

Overall though, considering the O-line depth, I don't find this to be "nothing" since that depth was depleted due to these injuries. Sounds stupid to me. They have something to grind but it isn't something I like to see.
Old 02-05-2009   #35
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Seriously dude - you're a player I have never herd of, get injured, and sneak a video camera in the film room? Hope your grievance works out, because you'll never play in the NFL again.

Sorry you got hurt, hope you get what is coming for your injury AND NOTHING MORE, but jackass.
Stevenson is still listed as an IR'ed Texan, atleast according to the homepage.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster.html
Old 02-05-2009   #36
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone watch the video? How is that drill full speed? No one even falls down
Old 02-05-2009   #37
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: "Texans players say they had illegal contract drills at 2008 mini-camp"

Quote:
Stevenson is still listed as an IR'ed Texan, atleast according to the homepage.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster.html
I've still never heard of him
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 02-05-2009   #38
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I've still never heard of him
Nor had I. I had only heard about Black, because of the near infinte chours' stating how much he sucked.
Old 02-05-2009   #39
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A question for somebody more knowledgeable then me. Would shoulder pads have prevented a town labrum?
The pads could restrict the range of motion of the arm.

But... I wouldn't expect it to make that much of a difference. Cloak would be able to answer this much better than I can.

But when I hear of a torn labrum, I usually associate it with a sharp tug on the forearm where the force is transferred up the biceps to the attachment on the labrum. The weakest link along that chain usually tears or detaches. Sometimes it's the labrum, sometimes it's the attachment of the biceps to the forearm. If I'm right on that, then the pads wouldn't have made a difference.

Unless Jackson's and Black's problem wasn't with the use of pads but rather the level of contact because they weren't in football shape, yet. And if it's about being in shape, then I'd put that on the S&C staff.
Old 02-05-2009   #40
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I say we ship this guy overseas and leave him there. This football team is a family, and you don't ever go against the family
Thats mafia logic.

I appreciate that players stick their heads out to protect themselves and future players from ending up in the same situation. Thats supporting your family, not hiding abuse based on a skewed sense of loyalty.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read