Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-03-2009   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Richie J at it again - blasts GM Rick Smith as insecure, vindictive

As for GM Rick Smith, I don't think he's very good now and don't think he's going to be very good a decade from now. He's insecure, vindictive and has made one bad decision after another in free agency. In fairness, the Texans have drafted well.
http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice...2/post_19.html
I dunno, but guess he's still miffed about Smith canning his buddy who was the Texans strength-coach/Trainer ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Richie J at it again - blasts GM Rick Smith as insecure, vindictive

Sounds like your boy has an agenda with his blog entries.

Not going to give the guy a web hit here.
Old 02-03-2009   #3
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't get the uh..."central point" of his article. He probably wrote a couple different ones for review, the Rick Smith bash, the Houston should feel humiliated because I say so, the I can't figure out if I'm going to bash McNair or not, and the I'm going to ***** about seat prices even though mine are cheap as free....then just mixed paragraphs in from each one until a minimal amount of cohesiveness appeared. DONE. PRINT. NEXT. ESPN INTERVIEW FOR 3.8 seconds.

How he gets away with such poor, poor journalism is beyond me. I mean, anyone can read it...I assume the people who own a newspaper company can read...don't they read their own paper? Don't they know he's just opening his noise-hole and letting whatever comes out just come out?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

It is simply a blog, not journalism.
Old 02-03-2009   #5
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 24148 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
How he gets away with such poor, poor journalism is beyond me. I mean, anyone can read it...I assume the people who own a newspaper company can read...don't they read their own paper? Don't they know he's just opening his noise-hole and letting whatever comes out just come out?
He claims that his "blog" is a place for him to share his opinion and his "ariticles" are the real journalism. To me it's complete b.s., if you work at a news site and publish your articles on a news site you can't expect people to make out the difference between what you claim is objective journalism and which is your opinion. If you're going to blog about your disdain for someone do it off site, on your own page, on your own web site. He comes of as a baby and a *****, especially when he starts with the name calling.

It's just very schizo and growing really old. This is one that I won't read and I won't give the satisfaction of giving it a hit.
Old 02-03-2009   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I really think Justice is bi-polar. One minuite he's praising the organization and says they are headed in the right direction, then the other minuite he's blasting the owner who brought football back to Houston saying the team will go nowhere as long as Smith is GM.

Justice needs to be let go from the Chronicle. Nothing that I read of his has any volume or credibility to back up his actions. There's no wonder why most of the Astros organization hated him.

Shoot, when TC posts on her blogs...she backs up arguments with facts, not random guesses and wild comments. It's cold hard facts, the way people were used to reading articles.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #7
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
I really think Justice is bi-polar. One minuite he's praising the organization and says they are headed in the right direction, then the other minuite he's blasting the owner who brought football back to Houston saying the team will go nowhere as long as Smith is GM.

Justice needs to be let go from the Chronicle. Nothing that I read of his has any volume or credibility to back up his actions. There's no wonder why most of the Astros organization hated him.

Shoot, when TC posts on her blogs...she backs up arguments with facts, not random guesses and wild comments. It's cold hard facts, the way people were used to reading articles.
This why the attack on Rick smith is without any legitimate merit. since Justice can't provide with any more details that the ex-strength coach did not agree with something Smith (his boss) wanted him to do, so to continue to publish the Rick Smith is insecure and vindictive is well insecure and vindictive. We don't have the details of how this was handled by either side and even if rick smith did not react in the best way, going against the boss' wishes generally does not end well for the individual
ArlingtonTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-03-2009   #8
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post

It really wasn't that long ago when he was saying they had the best management of the three franchises in town. I read his stuff because I read anything Texans related but I have found myself skimming through a lot of his pieces lately because I just can't tell when he is using his tongue-in-cheek style anymore. It really is mentally exhausting.
Old 02-03-2009   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll join the "not going to give the douche a web hit" club. Screw 'em, he's a joke, I'm not going to get fired up over his drivel. He just needs to be bitchslapped a time or two.
Old 02-03-2009   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

If you want to hurt him , tune him out . Heck go to Texans_Chick's blog on the same page and make comments by the dozen .
Old 02-03-2009   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, another Justice thread......awesome.
Old 02-03-2009   #12
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64465 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I'll join the "not going to give the douche a web hit" club. Screw 'em, he's a joke, I'm not going to get fired up over his drivel. He just needs to be bitchslapped a time or two.

DAMN!

I agree the guy is a nozzle. It sucks that we only have one paper in town.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #13
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
If you want to hurt him , tune him out . Heck go to Texans_Chick's blog on the same page and make comments by the dozen .
Both are exactly what I plan to do. I've learned my leason with RJ, neveragain.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #14
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

He's just pissed cause his buddy Riley got the ax. We all know who's vindictive, and he uses "freedom of speech" to blubber his bulls*it!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I have never gone to any of RJ's stuff. The only things of his that I have read is from the quoted snippets of his stuff that you guys paste into the posts.

I would never hit one of his masterpieces. I suggest everyone else do the same. Maybe we need a rotation, a system where one person a week (on here) dutifully goes and hits his stuff and then copies and pastes into this forum so we can catalog and discuss his latest tizzy. That way it's only getting one hit from the people who post here, helping to keep the hit count lower than normal.

LOL. "It's my turn to shovel RJ's poop. I hate being on call. But someone has to do it."
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought about writing a letter to the editor, as a foreigner interested in Houston sports (Texans specifically), his 'coverage' is borderline imbarrasing for the Chronicle.
Old 02-03-2009   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate how he says Rick Smith had failure after failure in Free Agency. Who did he miss on. Demps came in almost ad midway and did a decent job, even earned Pro Bowl alternate, Cochran and Maddox came in and filled in nicely, Briesel came in 06 after the 3rd game of the season and has worked his way into being a starter, Andre Davis is the best kick returner we ever had and filled in nicely for AJ in 07(Mathis was pretty good for us too). Ahman Green was a gamble and though he didn't work out for us, he did do good things when he played. He had to take that risk even with Chris Brown because when you only have Darius Walker, Ron Dayne and Chris Taylor you have to take something.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #18
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

he just wants readers.
Old 02-03-2009   #19
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Do any of the other Chronicle writers who have their own blog bash others as much as Richard Justice does? I only read a few of them, mainly Jonathan Feigen and Fran Blinebury. Sometimes McClain. I don't know if any of them publicly bash athletes, coaches, or GM's like Richard Smith does. It's one thing to criticize someone but Justice takes it to another level. It's pretty ridiculous.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Justice stinks.

Smith has done well with street FA's

Smith needs to fire Greir because Greir is going to be Smiths downfall if Greir continue to screw up UFA.

If the Texans want to keep their loyal fan base they need to get UFA & the draft right this year.

Fire Bobby Greir
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read