Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-02-2009   #1
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Official NFL Combine Invitation List

Is here.

Jordan Shipley won't attend, as he was granted another year of eligibility by the NCAA. I find it difficult to believe that the NFL scouts feel Stephen McGee is more combine worthy than Chase Clements. I'm also surprised that Conference USA's DPOY, UH DE Phillip Hunt, didn't warrant an up close inspection.
Old 02-02-2009   #2
Ckw

Default Re: Official NFL Combine Invitation List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I find it difficult to believe that the NFL scouts feel Stephen McGee is more combine worthy than Chase Clements.
I agree that Clement should definitely get a shot at the combine but the thing with McGee is he has pretty good athleticism and a decent arm. Sadly, Fran destroyed him. The question is whether or not pro coaching can fix him.
Old 02-02-2009   #3
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Is here.

I find it difficult to believe that the NFL scouts feel Stephen McGee is more combine worthy than Chase Clements.
McGee also has Mike Sherman as a coach with connections. McGee may surprise some people if he's prepared for the combine. I do agree that Chase deserves to be there to.
Old 02-04-2009   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

If Orakpo wants to cement his top five status he'll show up.

I don't believe we'll take a WR, but Austin Collie looks a lot like "Easy" Ed McCaffrey to me.
Old 02-04-2009   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I agree that Clement should definitely get a shot at the combine but the thing with McGee is he has pretty good athleticism and a decent arm. Sadly, Fran destroyed him. The question is whether or not pro coaching can fix him.
With idea of trading Sage while he has value, I could see us using a late pick on him. We did with the kid from Washington....could not find the stir the pot smiley.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #6
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I don't believe we'll take a WR, but Austin Collie looks a lot like "Easy" Ed McCaffrey to me.
He is a solid slot WR, but I think the Texans will look for someone to replace JJ, his fumbles are just too much to handle. I don't think it is a need, but if someone is there who the Texans are high on as a return threat and can add to the WR core I wouldn't be shocked if we went WR in the middle rounds. JJ's days as a Texan are numbered IMO. Probably not this season, but if he doesn't stop fumbling punts he is done, turnovers have killed us in too many games.
Old 02-04-2009   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
With idea of trading Sage while he has value, I could see us using a late pick on him. We did with the kid from Washington....could not find the stir the pot smiley.
I think Sage has more value to us than a late round pick at this point. I was for the trade for the 3rd rounder last year, but at this point it's not worth the risk of losing him and only getting a 6th/7th.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-04-2009   #8
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I think Sage has more value to us than a late round pick at this point. I was for the trade for the 3rd rounder last year, but at this point it's not worth the risk of losing him and only getting a 6th/7th.
i just don't trust him after the Indy game. besides i actually like some of the late round QBs this year. for example Cullen Harper, Graham Harrell, Curtis Painter and Rhett Bomar would be fine additions in my opinion.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
i just don't trust him after the Indy game. besides i actually like some of the late round QBs this year. for example Cullen Harper, Graham Harrell, Curtis Painter and Rhett Bomar would be fine additions in my opinion.
I don't consider Schaub to be injury prone, but with his history, I would rather have Sage behind him than some late round rookie.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009   #10
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I don't consider Schaub to be injury prone, but with his history, I would rather have Sage behind him than some late round rookie.
me too but after this year he would be an unrestricted free agent. what would the chances he comes back after that year when he could look at a starting job somewhere else. personally i'd like to see him traded at the draft and risk the injury. keep Nall as the first back up with Harper (my preferred pick of those named above) as a #3 and Brink as insurance on PS.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009   #11
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
If Orakpo wants to cement his top five status he'll show up.

I hope Orakpo doesn't show up so he can slide to 15..lol
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

schedule in case anyone is interested - http://www.nflcombine.net/players/schedule
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read