Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-31-2009   #1
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bills-Titans HOF Game

Both teams will be wearing the franchise's original jerseys which means we will see the oil derrick once more.

CANTON, OHIO, Jan. 31, 2009 ó Two of the original teams in their original uniforms will kick off the NFLís celebration of the 50th season of its AFL teams when the Buffalo Bills take on the Tennessee Titans in the Pro Football Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio on Sunday, August 9, the Hall of Fame and NFL announced today.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/new...php?PRKey=6592

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Bills-Titans HOF Game

Go Toron ... err .... Buffalo.
Old 01-31-2009   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

It will be interesting how the Titan fans feel about this being some seem to not associate Oilers with the Titans franchise
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009   #4
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
It will be interesting how the Titan fans feel about this being some seem to not associate Oilers with the Titans franchise
They will probably enjoy the fact that it is somehow a perceived insult to Houston rather than a historical recognition of the Titans.

It does not bother me at all that they will be wearing the uniforms of a different team.

We are among the "Them"
Old 02-01-2009   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

It makes me SICK! So much for a trip to Canton this Summer, which I was thinking about planning. NO way in hell could I pull against the OIL derrick, and NO way in hell will I ever pull for the Titans. I'm screwed!! lol

GOOOOO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009   #6
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
It makes me SICK! So much for a trip to Canton this Summer, which I was thinking about planning. NO way in hell could I pull against the OIL derrick, and NO way in hell will I ever pull for the Titans. I'm screwed!! lol

GOOOOO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hater ...

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009   #7
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

How much is everyone looking forward to the #10 in an oil derrick?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-01-2009   #8
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 29181 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
He's going topless anyways, so it wouldn't be that much of an impact.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009   #9
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Doesn't bother me in the least! The Oilers no longer exist, except in memory banks of the loyal. #10 has never, and will NEVER be an OILER, along with the rest of the meatball team. Wearing the old Oiler uni is an insult to the 36 yrs of loyalty Houston fans paid to their team. BUD ADAMS murdered that logo long years ago. I will always hate the Titans, because of BUD, not because of the unfortunate men who have had to play for the bastard! Let him have his day, I really don't care.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009   #10
gwallaia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Wearing the old Oiler uni is an insult to the 36 yrs of loyalty Houston fans paid to their team.
I disagree. The Oilers are gone and just because Bud is dressing his team up in Oiler uniforms does not hide the fact they are the Tennessee Titans. Same franchise, but different teams, different cities, different players and different fans.

Its a look back in history to the old AFL days and the Bills and Oilers were two of the original teams. It only makes sense that they would wear the old throwback uniforms. I always liked the old Bill logo with the buffalo just standing there and anything is better than the Titan logo and colors.

We are among the "Them"
Old 02-01-2009   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

It doesn't bother me. I'll be rooting for the Toronto Bills though. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He is going to look fabulous sitting on the sideline watching Simms play. Kinda like being back at UT.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009   #13
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

So if they are playing in there original Uni's are they going to have the Silver helmets or the baby blue helmets?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

didn't oliver luck or gifford neilson wear #10
I can't find a link but was thinking the Oilers had a Number 10
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #15
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is a sneak preview of this matchup.

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
didn't oliver luck or gifford neilson wear #10
I can't find a link but was thinking the Oilers had a Number 10
Gifford wore #14.

BTW, the Titans will be wearing the original Oilers uniforms that won't be jogging any memories for me (except that disasterous 2-14 season in 1994 when they wore that uniform a couple of times as a throwback). I was born 9 years after they wore those things.

Old 02-02-2009   #17
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Is that Bud in the hard hat? Was this some sort of "football prophecy" for what would be in store for Bud the remainder of his miserable life as the owner of the Oilers/Titans?

BTW, looking at that poster saying "sink the champs" I was thinking that after the Oilers started off with the first 2 AFL championships who would have ever thought back then that their run of winning anything else was over for good at least 48 years into the future and counting. In 1962 Bud was probably sitting back thinking "man, this is too easy". Little would he know. Wow, 48 years of futility. LOL, I wonder what Bud really did to p*ss off the football gods so bad.

It's almost time to start breaking out the "1961" signs and chants anytime the Titans come to town.
Old 02-02-2009   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is some seriously bad voodoo for the Titans. If you were planning on starting a year out the right way, why would you recreate the 35-3 debacle?
Old 02-02-2009   #19
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

I don't recall the Tennesee Titans being around 50 years ago. Their original uniform shouldn't vary too much from what they have now - well, when they first started, there was that copy of a Houston Oiler oil derrick and put it next to a thumbtack or something like that.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #20
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
He is going to look fabulous sitting on the sideline watching Simms play. Kinda like being back at UT.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read