Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-30-2009   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default 2009 Draft Party

I have had a draft party the past few years with some friends, low-key type stuff, and wanted to see what all of you do for the draft? I was thinking of possibly doing it a little bigger this year and getting more people involved and maybe renting a room out at a bar or something along those lines, post your 2009 draft plans here and let's see if we can come up with something.
Old 01-30-2009   #2
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2009 Draft Party

Tailgating at Reliant and then going into the stadium for the draft itself. It is a pretty big party and you don't have to clean up afterwards.
Old 01-30-2009   #3
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am probably going to watch at home & get laughed at by everyone else. They think the draft is a waste of time to watch.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: 2009 Draft Party

Though what changes did they make to the airing of the draft days/times? May affect the Reliant party.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I am probably going to watch at home & get laughed at by everyone else. They think the draft is a waste of time to watch.
there are no waisted moments in the draft. Only little people who do not understand. It's the biggest poker game on the planet. We're going to find out Sunday just how good Levi Brown is.

I watch at home. Never been to the Hooters here in Katy....might make the trip there to watch.
Old 01-31-2009   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I just block out that weekend and watch the TV and post here.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009   #7
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Draft weekend may be the best weekend ever!! I always get mexican food and pig and out and then have contests with my family on who can pick the teams picks.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-02-2009   #8
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

One of my kids birthdays is at the end of April, and my wife always schedules the party on the Saturday of Draft weekend.

But, anything for the little ones...
Old 02-02-2009   #9
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Texans View Post
One of my kids birthdays is at the end of April, and my wife always schedules the party on the Saturday of Draft weekend.

But, anything for the little ones...
pfft, your lucky, I start Basic Military Training the week before the draft
Old 02-03-2009   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm kind of a draft weekend geek. I'll sit there and watch the whole dadgum thing in my blue chair with my pen and paper to write each pick down. The wife usually rags on me a bit, but understands how much of a football geek I am. Heck, she even bought me a t-shirt the other day with the saying "Number One Draft Pick" on the front.
Old 02-04-2009   #11
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I'm kind of a draft weekend geek. I'll sit there and watch the whole dadgum thing in my blue chair with my pen and paper to write each pick down. The wife usually rags on me a bit, but understands how much of a football geek I am. Heck, she even bought me a t-shirt the other day with the saying "Number One Draft Pick" on the front.
I advised my wife of the weekend and she agreed to spend sometime with her parents that weekend. So me and the boys are thinking of renting out a private room @ Lucky's Pub or maybe Big Woodrow's for day 1 and then getting over our hangovers at my crib with some greasy breakfast tacos and a bloody mary to watch day 2.

Let me know if anyone is interested in joining the party @ Lucky's or recommend a private room elsewhere. I am trying to get something booked within the next few weeks.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read