Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-28-2009   #1
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default If we traded back, who would you want

Me personally, would like Clint Stintim to pick up the SAM I AM spot.
Old 01-28-2009   #2
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If we traded back, who would you want

Depending on how far back we go, I guess an OLB or S is a good choice. Maybe Delmas the FS out of Western Michigan would be good. He has been shooting up the draft boards lately. After the Combine I'll probably have a better idea. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009   #3
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Me personally, would like Clint Stintim to pick up the SAM I AM spot.
I like where you are going with this pick, but I think Stintim is a 3-4 guy. He is sorta like a hybrid OLB/DE. He played a similar position in college. I would target someone like Brain Cushing or Sean Smith (versatility - though I like him as a FS more than a CB)
Old 01-28-2009   #4
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Paul Kruger, DE Utah

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009   #5
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123766 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
I like where you are going with this pick, but I think Stintim is a 3-4 guy. He is sorta like a hybrid OLB/DE. He played a similar position in college. I would target someone like Brain Cushing or Sean Smith (versatility - though I like him as a FS more than a CB)
I'm not high on Cushing at all. There were a lot of rumors that he was on steroids. Don't know if they were true or not, but I wouldn't be to happy to get Cushing. I hate where we're picking to tell you the truth. It was fine until all of those idiots decided to stay an extra year.

If we were to trade back, man I think Delmas might be a decent guy to pick or possibly Lauranitus
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009   #6
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Paul Kruger, DE Utah
i like Kruger as well. may be the perfect 'motor' guy opposite our more selective 'motor' Mario

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 01-28-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123766 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
i like Kruger as well. may be the perfect 'motor' guy opposite 'selective motor' Mario
I think that Krugar could possibly be available with our second pick though.
Sponsored links
Old 01-28-2009   #8
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody think Johnson from G-Tech will be around in the late 1st? I wouldn't mind him at 25 as opposed to 15 where I wouldn't touch him with a 10 pick stick...
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009   #9
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I think that Krugar could possibly be available with our second pick though.
I don't think he will be. He's got a non-stop motor, he's got an unreal work ethic, and he's a pass-rusher. Those are all things that will make his value go up up up.

I think once coaches and GMs do the interviews and meet him face-to-face, they'll have the same thought I do - that whatever talent deficiencies he has, he can be coached up because of his motor and work ethic.

I bet he goes in the low first round.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 01-28-2009   #10
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't think he will be. He's got a non-stop motor, he's got an unreal work ethic, and he's a pass-rusher. Those are all things that will make his value go up up up.

I think once coaches and GMs do the interviews and meet him face-to-face, they'll have the same thought I do - that whatever talent deficiencies he has, he can be coached up because of his motor and work ethic.

That all makes sense. You could easily be right. I guess we'll have to wait a couple of months after the combine and work outs to know where a lot of these guys are and how high they end up projecting and how far they fall.

I don't know if you saw the thread where I did a mock draft on another site and I posted the Texans picks, but I also had picked for the Jets and got Krugar for them in the 2nd round.
Old 01-28-2009   #11
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Of course it all depends on where we trade down to and who's available at that time. We could possibly trade down to mid 20's and possibly still get Patrick Chung, Sean Smith, or Louis Delmas. Other possibilities are Paul Kruger, but he's already been mentioned, Vontae Davis, Peria Jerry, Michael Johnson, Alphonso Smith, DJ Moore. It all depends on who's still on the board at #15, but a trade down is looking more possible every day.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009   #12
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Dropping back I think it would be great to pick up an elite runner like Greene or Moreno. Then with the 2nds we can still get a good safety and defensive end.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009   #13
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

If we could trade back and get a 2nd round pick and somehow manage to get Alphonso and Delmas I would be thrilled. I don't think we need an elite runner, because of Slaton but a nice combo back would be good to have. Ayers might be there late in the 1st as well if we trade back, which I hope we do, nobody is really popping out at me that we couldn't get similar value at a lower draft position. The draft is too far away, sucks.
Old 01-28-2009   #14
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/57/574557.jpg

I know you guys are going to kill me.I think Jeria Perry is a freak and his stock will rise.I hope the Texans get the opportunity to move back and take him only because he will be the best player available at any position.
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009   #15
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Wait. Are you talking about Jason Babin?
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009   #16
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
I might be. Or I might be talking about Kyle Vanden Bosch.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 01-28-2009   #17
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 118532 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
Babin didn't have "talent deficiencies". He ran a sub 4.6 at his pro day, and threw up around 30 reps at the combine. He was a great athlete, and an absolute beast in college. To this day I still don't know how he didn't have atleast a solid career.

Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world. -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Dropping back I think it would be great to pick up an elite runner like Greene or Moreno. Then with the 2nds we can still get a good safety and defensive end.
I am thinking more along these lines of a trade also. If Raji not there V.Davis is only player I'd give #15 for, but I think a trade down offers the possibility to get this CB with good size and speed later. If not there, we have plenty of choices. I think Atlanta may be open to trade up and give up a 2nd. We do have some history with that team and 2nd round selections being traded.

I am looking at: Robert Ayers DE at #25 2A Shonn Green RB 2B (Atl) Ron Brace NT 3 Rashad Johnson FS and 4 ?. Ayers is getting good push up ladder now but not sure where he will level at. As he seems to have all the traits required, I'd go for him if draft was today rather than more "potential" guys like Michael Johnson.The 4 guys in 3 rounds fill most of our glaring needs and I'd probably go with a LB or a speed back in 4th.
Old 01-29-2009   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Rosenberg View Post
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/57/574557.jpg

I know you guys are going to kill me.I think Jeria Perry is a freak and his stock will rise.I hope the Texans get the opportunity to move back and take him only because he will be the best player available at any position.
How does he help the Texans? Don't we already have same player in Okoye? How about a player who can stop the runner or collapse the pocket forcing QB to release early or get run over by Mario. Your guy is good at what he does but Texans don't need those skills.
Old 01-29-2009   #20
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
i like Kruger as well. may be the perfect 'motor' guy opposite our more selective 'motor' Mario
Kruger is like Boulman, but a little more athletic. Can't go wrong there.

If Sintim can be average in coverage and shut the run down, then he may be worth looking into. Drop him to DE on long yardage and things look up.

Last edited by BigBull17; 01-29-2009 at 02:06 PM.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read