Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2009   #1
LATexansFan
Rookie

Default Texans seats in the shade

I'm looking at getting some tickets this year, and wanted to try to get seats in the shade.

What sections of Reliant are considered the shady side? Probably looking to get field level endzone or field level corner. I would really appreciate the help.
LATexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009   #2
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46286 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans seats in the shade

South Endzone is usually in the shade (side opposite the Bullpen).
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009   #3
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Are you from LA or Lousiana?
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009   #4
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is a link to a pdf of the stadium.

http://assets.houstontexans.com/asse..._with%20DC.pdf

ignore the prices, they are outdated. The endzone with sec 116 and 117 is in the sun. The rest of the stadium is mostly shady during the game. The roof is probably back to being closed most of the year next year anyway.
Old 01-26-2009   #5
LATexansFan
Rookie

Louisiana
Old 01-26-2009   #6
LATexansFan
Rookie

So sections 132-140, and 101 would be safe?

Has anyone sat in those seats and can confirm?
Old 01-26-2009   #7
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATexansFan View Post
So sections 132-140, and 101 would be safe?

Has anyone sat in those seats and can confirm?
Shade all the way for those sections. I am in 353, just above that area and I can confirm.
Old 01-26-2009   #8
LATexansFan
Rookie

Well if anyone is looking to sell PSLs in section 132-140 or 101, please PM me.
Thanks
Old 01-27-2009   #9
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

Might have 2 in 134Y aisle seats. Not selling PSL's just the season tickets.
PM me if interested.
Old 01-27-2009   #10
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I am currently moving to the shady side. Section 137.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009   #11
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, a fellow TT member as a neighbor, I like it!!!!!
Old 01-27-2009   #12
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

the texans actually planning on opening the roof this year?

ik last yr it was open bc of the hurricane, but are they opening the roof for a lot of games this year?
Old 01-27-2009   #13
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
the texans actually planning on opening the roof this year?

ik last yr it was open bc of the hurricane, but are they opening the roof for a lot of games this year?
Here's my thoughts on this:

Reliant Stadium's roof looks fixed; Let's fix the Texans roof policy

Even when the roof is open under the Texans current policy, it can get pretty toasty in the sun.
Old 01-27-2009   #14
LATexansFan
Rookie

Do you mean it gets hot when the roof is closed? If I'm looking to get tickets, should I worry if they are in the shade? Does it make a big difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Here's my thoughts on this:

Reliant Stadium's roof looks fixed; Let's fix the Texans roof policy

Even when the roof is open under the Texans current policy, it can get pretty toasty in the sun.
Old 01-27-2009   #15
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do you mean it gets hot when the roof is closed? If I'm looking to get tickets, should I worry if they are in the shade? Does it make a big difference?
It only gets hot when the roof is open and only on the north side of the stadium.

Last edited by stingray; 01-28-2009 at 11:42 AM.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009   #16
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You should never worry if your seats are in the shade.

Sometimes even with the current roof policy, it can get toasty in the sun if there is no cloud cover. That's what I meant.

I was arguing against those who suggest that the Hurricane Ike roof open experiment means that the roof should be open even when it is hotter than 80.
Old 01-28-2009   #17
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I did a season in the sun. I get enough as a manual laborer and don't need the bonus rays.

The prob in the sun is the lack of a breeze. If they would prop open all the doors on the lower level, it wouldn't be so bad. Anywhere in the shade is always good.

I think my nose is still peeling from the Steelers game.

Can't they just open the roof on one side/partially so all are in the shade?
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009   #18
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the roof being closed when it's warm out. After tailgating for hours in the heat, it is awesome inside the stadium. I would close it 75 or above. I don't mind it staying open for cold weather, just bundle up, but I won't gripe if it is closed and comfortable. The Bear game was a lot of fun because it was actually pretty cold that day and it was raining a tad inside the stadium, I enjoyed it.

If we had a permanently closed stadium or an open air stadium, it wouldln't matter that much to me either, I would just be prepared for the temps on gameday. It's really just an amenity. I don't understand why people get so up in arms about it. Not to be lost in all of this is the stadium's design is just not conducive to airflow, therefore it needs to be little cooler then what you would otherwise consider pleasant weather to compensate.

The whole point of having a retractable roof is like having a convertible car. You take the roof down when it's nice outside and very pleasant weather. It's enjoyable.
Old 01-29-2009   #19
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

previous post from me was incorrect sorry, the seats are in 137 Y.
Old 01-29-2009   #20
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I love the roof being closed when it's warm out. After tailgating for hours in the heat, it is awesome inside the stadium. I would close it 75 or above. I don't mind it staying open for cold weather, just bundle up, but I won't gripe if it is closed and comfortable. The Bear game was a lot of fun because it was actually pretty cold that day and it was raining a tad inside the stadium, I enjoyed it.

If we had a permanently closed stadium or an open air stadium, it wouldln't matter that much to me either, I would just be prepared for the temps on gameday. It's really just an amenity. I don't understand why people get so up in arms about it. Not to be lost in all of this is the stadium's design is just not conducive to airflow, therefore it needs to be little cooler then what you would otherwise consider pleasant weather to compensate.

The whole point of having a retractable roof is like having a convertible car. You take the roof down when it's nice outside and very pleasant weather. It's enjoyable.

Bad example I have a convertable and have seats in the sun. In a convertable you get a great breeze when you're moving, in the stadium, no breeze whatsoever.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read