Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 01-24-2009   #1
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pro Bowl

Ok...Who's going???

I will be there again this year and I hope other Texan fans are going as well. I arrive 2/5 and will be in Waikiki.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pro Bowl

Going to Hawaii was much easier when we lived in California. But I'd never even thought of going there during the Pro Bowl. Is it a circus?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009   #3
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

One of my friends who is a texans fan is going!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Justin will be there Kay.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009   #5
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Imatexan, PM me the information. I would love for Texans fans to get together before the game...have a tailgate or something...

SheTexan- I know at the photo shoot Justin mentioned it. I think that he is there already...not sure

Pencil Neck- No, not a circus at all...very chill and relaxing. It doesn't have the same vibe as All Star Weekend. I am sure that it will be a circus once it is moved from Hawaii though.

Anyhow, I will take plenty of pics and post on the board again! I hope that other Texans players decide to fly out again this year.
Old 01-26-2009   #6
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Its funny that you bring it up. My wife told me I could go to a Pro Bowl one day before I die, partly because they are in Hawaii and she would like to see that also. Now they are moving the darn thing and I don't even know if I want to go because of that.
Have fun, cant wait for the pics!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009   #7
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be there, flying back to Oahu from Maui on Saturday in the AM and will be staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. We managed to get some over priced seats on row one of section K on the AFC side. It should be a good time!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-26-2009   #8
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Cool, I am in section GG row 4. I can't remember if it is AFC or NFC, since I think that they have changed it. I arrive on Thursday the 5th since I am going to Tampa for the Super Bowl first.

HHV is a nice hotel. I will be there on that Friday for the fireworks that they have.
Old 02-01-2009   #9
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope it is a good time
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #10
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Its just after 9 am here in Maui and I am about to catch my flight over to Oahu to enoy the Pro Bowl activities. All my Texans gear is ready to go and will be worn proudly around the village. We have been here a week and there is almost a nightly news segement on Hawaii losing the Pro Bowl. According to their figures 20,000 fans come in from out of state and help prop up the tourist biz during the post holiday slow period. I have been asked a dozen times if once by locals what I think of the game moving out of Aloha Stadium, after spending the week here I can say with full confidence its just another huge screw up by NFl trying to squeeze the last penny out of an event! Oh well I have finished my 5th cup of coffee and checked the news on Texans Talk so its time to finish packing and head to the Kahului!

Aloha Texans fans!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #11
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownsportsfan View Post
Its just after 9 am here in Maui and I am about to catch my flight over to Oahu to enoy the Pro Bowl activities. All my Texans gear is ready to go and will be worn proudly around the village. We have been here a week and there is almost a nightly news segement on Hawaii losing the Pro Bowl. According to their figures 20,000 fans come in from out of state and help prop up the tourist biz during the post holiday slow period. I have been asked a dozen times if once by locals what I think of the game moving out of Aloha Stadium, after spending the week here I can say with full confidence its just another huge screw up by NFl trying to squeeze the last penny out of an event! Oh well I have finished my 5th cup of coffee and checked the news on Texans Talk so its time to finish packing and head to the Kahului!

Aloha Texans fans!
Mahalo!
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Are the skills challenges cancelled? I haven't seen one since 2007
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #13
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I took the AFC and the points....I am looking for AJ to make me a winnah!
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Are the skills challenges cancelled? I haven't seen one since 2007
Yeah, they still do them. I didn't get a chance to watch, but I think they were on last night on NFLN.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #15
Dr2bKay
All Pro

I am leaving my hotel now to go to the tailgate. FYI I will be on row 13D. I have hung out with basically our whole team...some things aren't safe for the internets...lol...but fun has been had and as always our guys rock!!!
Old 02-08-2009   #16
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone else notice Tony Gonzalez's "Speedy Gonzalez" imitation during the player intros? LOL.
Old 02-08-2009   #17
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
I am leaving my hotel now to go to the tailgate. FYI I will be on row 13D. I have hung out with basically our whole team...some things aren't safe for the internets...lol...but fun has been had and as always our guys rock!!!
That's awesome. Who all on the team did you hang out with? Do you tailgate with them or what?
Old 02-08-2009   #18
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Did anyone else notice Tony Gonzalez's "Speedy Gonzalez" imitation during the player intros? LOL.
I think it was more Tony Montana impression from scarface.
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #19
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLoveTexans View Post
I think it was more Tony Montana impression from scarface.
Ok, I'll take your word for it.

BTW, according to Kay from last year, what happens in Hawaii - stays in Hawaii!
Old 02-08-2009   #20
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
That's awesome! I'm sure you have some good stories, anything you can say?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read