Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-24-2009   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2009 Senior Bowl

Tonight @ 7 eastern on NFL Network.

45 minutes from now guys.

Who do you think will have a big showing?

I think James Davis is going to show some serious flashes in this game. He isn't at Clemson anymore, it's time to see what he does in a more traditional offense.

I also would like to see a safety show something in this game. I think Michael Hamlin will raise some eyebrows tonight.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009   #2
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2009 Senior Bowl

Jeremiah Johnson looks real good right now
Old 01-24-2009   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Where's my boy Raji ? I dunno, is he even in the state of Alabama tonight ?
White is impressive and obviously won't last beyond the second round but we've got bigger fish to fry in the 2nd, however maybe Kubiak can grab Bomar in the third ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009   #4
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been wanting Bomar for awhile and it looks like Ayers could be our DE in the 2nd and take a safety in the 1st unless we get a shot at a better DE.
Old 01-24-2009   #5
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Rey-Rey makes a big pop !
Old 01-24-2009   #6
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

The Great Blue North Report - http://www.gbnreport.com/seniorbowlwrap.html
" B.J. Raji, unblockable from day one."
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009   #7
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Hamlin has made 3 special teams tackles, and one tackle on D.

Chung is probably playing the best at safety in this game.

I like Jennings, and I have always liked Andre Brown.

James Davis has been average.

Rey looks great.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 01-24-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2009   #8
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33416 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spled View Post
The Great Blue North Report - http://www.gbnreport.com/seniorbowlwrap.html
" B.J. Raji, unblockable from day one."
Wasn't amobi also unblockable at the same game?
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009   #9
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

wow Bomar looked bad tonight and Harrell looked worse
Old 01-24-2009   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

thought key players had nice flashes -

most outstanding player that surprised me was Andre Brown, RB NC State, 6-0 224 power runner inside the tackles, made some money today (3rd rd. grade) as did Juaquin Iglesias, WR OU natural #2 @ the next level, should now get a solid 2nd rd. grade.

Happy for White he was good & gives teams some extra options but the rest of these QB's sucked, big time. Any team that needs QB help will be forced into taking one high (Stafford/Sanchez) or make a trade to aquire one. Bradford is a lock to be the 1st player selected next draft.

Oher struggles against speed on the edge. the OT's need more polish strength is inside Center/Guard as witness today. there will be a serious run on them in the 2nd rd. thats where the NFL ready value is.

Rashad Jennings still captures my imagination in the same backfield with Steve Slaton. While Jeremiah Johnson displayed real quck twitch explosiveness.

W. Michigan FS Louis Delmas. centerfielder with range, hitting ability & run support. has a lean similar body type as Ed Reed when he came out of Miami 5106 197. displays body language of a playmaker/intimadator cut & spec on for FS. he will be one of those ascending players moving up the board.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Some players that I thought had a good game off the top of my head.

Pat White, QB, West Virginia
Andre Brown, RB, NC State
Jeremiah Johnson, RB, Oregon
Cedric Peerman, RB, Virginia
Brian Robiskie Ohio State
Alex Mack California
Max Unger Oregon
Eric Wood Louisville
Herman Johnson LSU
Robert Ayers Tennessee
Scott McKillop Pittsburgh
Brian Cushing Southern California
Rey Maualuga Southern California
Alphonso Smith Wake Forest
Ellis Langster West Virgina
Derek Pegues Mississippi State
Patrick Chung Oregon

Some players that I thought had a not so good game off the top of my head.

All North QB's.
Xavier Fulton, LT, Illinois
Juaquin Iglesias Oklahoma

Still got the entire 4th quarter to watch.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009   #12
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33416 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Some players that I thought had a good game off the top of my head.

Pat White, QB, West Virginia
Andre Brown, RB, NC State
Jeremiah Johnson, RB, Oregon
Cedric Peerman, RB, Virginia
Brian Robiskie Ohio State
Alex Mack California
Max Unger Oregon
Eric Wood Louisville
Herman Johnson LSU
Robert Ayers Tennessee
Scott McKillop Pittsburgh
Brian Cushing Southern California
Rey Maualuga Southern California
Alphonso Smith Wake Forest
Ellis Langster West Virgina
Derek Pegues Mississippi State
Patrick Chung Oregon

Some players that I thought had a not so good game off the top of my head.

All North QB's.
Xavier Fulton, LT, Illinois
Juaquin Iglesias Oklahoma

Still got the entire 4th quarter to watch.
I thought Iglesias had like 6 catches for 80 yrds.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
amazing he caught that many with all those knuckleball off speed dying in your arms tonight throws
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009   #14
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
You are right. I think it said he had 90 yards. When I saw him he was either getting alot of bad passes, or running bad routes and putting himself out of position to make the play.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009   #15
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Will there be a re-airing of this game anywhere soon?
Old 01-25-2009   #16
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
You are right. I think it said he had 90 yards. When I saw him he was either getting alot of bad passes, or running bad routes and putting himself out of position to make the play.
he only ran one bad route and that wasnt running the play out.
Old 01-25-2009   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
wow Bomar looked bad tonight and Harrell looked worse
I felt sorry for Graham Harrell. And last nights game cost him a lot of money.
But I got a different take on Bomar. He showed his scrambling/athletic skills on a couple occasions and unlike Harrell he clearly demonstrated a strong arm. None the less, he had some screw-ups. Gotta hang on to the ball, especially when you're in your own EZ.
Old 01-25-2009   #18
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

So I completely lapsed on this. Is the game going to be shown again?

Also, how did the USC LBs look? How about the Wake Forest DB's?
Old 01-25-2009   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

RB Andre Brown looked amazing to me. I bet we end up selecting Kory Sheets from Purdue or Gartrell Johnson from Colorado St., just a hunch.

Peria Jerry and Robert Ayers looked impressive to me, Raji didn't do a whole lot. Not sure what the game plan was with him or how they wanted to use him in the game. But you'd think if he'd been dominant all week, you would want to send him in the backfield. Did a great job of shedding blocks and tackling the RB for no gain though.

Patrick Chung and Louis Delmas got me excited, I really hope one of them lasts to our pick in the 2nd round. I'd love them on this team. To get them we may need to trade down into the late first though.

The USC linebackers looked outstanding to me. I think they had a huge advantage to be playing with each other because they're used to that. I'd rather have Cushing as SLB than Mauluga as MLB and moving Demeco.

I'm thinking the #1 priority will be to get a stud pass rushing DE opposite Mario. If there isn't one available, we'll see how our board is set up and where the value is. Then look at a CB like Davis (not in game), Cushing for SLB, Jerry for DT or look for a trade down. Just my 2 cents.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009   #20
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Well, I thought Chung played very well against the run, and played pretty well against the pass. Only allowed to play cover 1 and cover 3 so, the entire game was played with a FS covering the deep middle and usually the second safety was in the box.

Hamlin and Chung both played for the majority of the game, and they both played in the box and deep middle. Hamlin was less impressive in run support and tackling than Chung, but I still felt he played well.

The corners for the South team all played well. Coye Francies from San Jose State made a small mistake early in the game, but broke up a pass in the endzone where he was essentially alone. The FS had left to deal with a crosser and Francies jumped in front of a post to break it up. Alphonso Smith jumped a route and should have had the INT and the TD, but he dropped it. The commentators were quick to point out that he had 21 INTs at WF. He looked good all day. Ellis Lankster made a nice tackle in the game and looked pretty good in coverage as he picked off Graham Harrell on a deep ball that Harrell underthrew.

Pat White looked like he may actually be able to play QB in the NFL. He was probably the best QB in the game, he had a nice deep throw, a couple of runs, and he showed some nice pocket awareness several times. Cullen Harper also looked good at QB.

The inside offensive lineman for the South team (Caldwell, Wood, Green, Luigs) all played well.

Rey made some nice tackles and forced a fumble. Darry Beckwith was impressive, he showed good awareness on a few plays by staying home and making the tackle.

Rashad Jennings actually looks like the type of player that we really need. I believe they said he was 5-11 235, and he looked the part. He was physical in the game, and I thought he showed something. FB Quinn Johnson from LSU was impressive as well. He blocked and caught the ball well. He looks like a Vonta Leach type of player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
RB Andre Brown looked amazing to me.
Yea he has always been a solid, physical running back at NC State, but Mayock and Davis were right when they were talking about his injury history. He dealt with alot of injuries in his career at NC State, but I do like him alot too. Frank Gore had alot of injuries in college at Miami, but look at what he ahs done in the NFL.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read