Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-18-2005   #61
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
Once/if the Pats lose soon. If they win another SB, Crennel won't have teh time to put a staff together and teh Browns know this.

Huh? He'll have a whole spring to hire a staff. Odds are if he's hired he already has people in mind to hire and he'll do so. I don't get what you are driving at.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005   #62
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

DD is not a power runner
AJ is more like TO than Plaxico except without the mouth
Carr is like a young Favre not an older Roethlisberger

I'm not trying to say they aren't alike because I want to make my arguement look better. I honestly don't see the similarities in the 3 players. Maybe you aren't seeing clearly because of your love of Capers and his Steelers imulation plan. If I were going to emulate any team it would have to be the Patriots. They do a lot more with less talent.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005   #63
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
DD is not a power runner

I'm not trying to say they aren't alike because I want to make my arguement look better. I honestly don't see the similarities in the 3 players. Maybe you aren't seeing clearly because of your love of Capers and his Steelers imulation plan.
The only part of that which makes even the slightest bit of sense is that Staley is more (note more, because DD is a power runner more than a finesse runner or speed back) of a power runner than DD--and Capers has already said he wants to add a bigger back to play with DD. Without an explanation of why the players drafted by the Texans do not fit into a ball control offense then comparisons to the style of other players is worthless. Yeah take out Burress and put AJ or TO in and the team would fall apart because they just don't fit. And Roeth has dirty blond hair instead of black, big freakin deal. This isn't a love up Capers thing, it is a dislike of silly statements like Casserly and Capers are stupid for spending high draft picks on QB's and WR's if they want to be like the Steelers--funny, it worked for the Steelers.

Quote:
If I were going to emulate any team it would have to be the Patriots. They do a lot more with less talent.
Where the heck do you get that they have less talent than the Texans? Just as one example--Texans 4 1st rounders on the team two of which are rookies--Patriots 7 1st rounders including 1 rookie. Sucks being them.
Old 01-18-2005   #64
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Less talent than the Steelers not the Texans.
Old 01-18-2005   #65
NoBullTexan
Veteran

Why Jeff Fisher? He is just another version of Capers. He runs a 4-3 which we do not. Would make us change 3-4 personnel in mid-stream. No to Jeff Fisher, although I DO think he is a fine coach, just not for us. Romeo Crennel, if he could be enticed to come here, has coached for, and with Belichek for so long he would make a really big difference for us. But, of course, he AIN'T gonna come here! Shoot!
Old 01-18-2005   #66
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

Quote:
DD is not a power runner

so how exactly has davis been a 1000+ yd back two season's in a row without an offensive line? speed runners generally need some blocking to turn corners and for a finese runner to dart through holes, there must be holes to begin with. yes these are exagerations, but like cak said "without an explanation of why the players drafted by the Texans do not fit into a ball control offense then comparisons to the style of other players is worthless."

i'm sorry you can't see past the broken record commentaries of the talking heads when it comes to carr. not saying the comparisons between carr and favre are unfounded or wrong; but if you don't see the negligable difference between two tall, big QB's (with eqaully big arms) when comparing the steelers and texans, i think you need to take your mask off. on to the wr's, whats the point of bringing TO into this? so owens wouldn't fit in burress role in the steel city because he's too much like andre and not enough like burress? riiiiiiight.......i think all three are from the same mold and have comprable talent when just judging play on the feild.

and despite how i might come off, i do not, in fact love dom capers. i think he is doing well with a team you could say i "love", you can't argue with progress every year you had the opportunity to be a fan for. and even in the event of another 5-11 (or worse) season next year, i would like the texans managment to keep capers and co. around simply because it's becoming sickeningly obvious sports is being overrun with the "what have you done for me lately" mentality. i get heart burn at the thought of just rooting for a logo and team name than rooting for the players and coaches i get to know, and care about, as a fan.

finally, what is a better alternative to the current"emulate the steelers" plan? would you still be unhappy if we go 15-1 next season? or would more W's make you think twice about ball control and your hopes to "open up" the offense because "we have the better suited" personel? or would you like to be the colts of the future? before you answer, (if we're talking success superbowl wise) think about the post season record while the colts have had one of the most prolific offense's in league history (the last 4/5 years)......
Old 01-19-2005   #67
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yes we need a new coach, that way we can learn an all new system, and pretty much start from scratch. NONONONO way !!!!! capers will remain our coach, and he is a good coach. Get over it !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-20-2005   #68
bckey
Hall of Fame

In your opinion. Mine differs from yours. It's ok.
Old 01-20-2005   #69
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
would you still be unhappy if we go 15-1 next season?
The Texans could go 15-1 but then lose in the playoffs, and I guarantee the naysayers would be coming out of the woodwork like roaches telling others "see, I told you he couldn't take us to the Super Bowl." Then if the Texans made the Super Bowl and lost, it would be "see, I told you he couldn't win the big game." It really never ends until your last game is a W.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005   #70
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

It seems no matter what capers does or who we beat noone is ever happy ! after we win 4 superbowls in a row we might have a few satisfied people !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005   #71
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
after we win 4 superbowls in a row we might have a few satisfied people !
Since that has never been done in the long history of the NFL, you may be waiting a long time for that.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005   #72
rhc564
Veteran

Default ...just win

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
The Texans could go 15-1 but then lose in the playoffs, and I guarantee the naysayers would be coming out of the woodwork like roaches telling others "see, I told you he couldn't take us to the Super Bowl." Then if the Texans made the Super Bowl and lost, it would be "see, I told you he couldn't win the big game." It really never ends until your last game is a W.
Heck, under Capers, I'd be happy with a winning season...

Last edited by Vinny; 01-20-2005 at 10:19 AM. Reason: delete post
rhc564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005   #73
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

Quote:
In your opinion. Mine differs from yours. It's ok.
still would like to see your things from your perspective, and im not upset in anyway. just would like to compare why our opinion differs, that's all...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read