Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Titans or Cowboys? Who is worse?
Titans 33 53.23%
Cowboys 29 46.77%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2009   #1
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87061 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Titans or Cowboys?

Who is worse? It seems that many in here hate both teams with a passion. I know that I do. Which one of these do you detest more and why?

Mine will always be the Cowboys, because Jerry Jones is there and because of all of the scumbag players he has always gone after. His constant digging into his coaches and the fact that TO is on there team. The Cowboys organization and most of their fans as a whole are very arrogant, and always have been. I get sick of hearing them being called "America's Team", when they are not.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #2
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected
Red face Re: Titans or Cowboys?

I can not believe you are making me choose.I really hate what our Oilers have become and I lived in Dallas for a few years(during Aikman,Smith,Irving dynasty).I hate the Titans more I guess.
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans or Cowboys?

I would vote Cowboys or Titans if there were a third option. "Seeing your grandmother naked" would clearly be an option that is worse, but of those two it is too close to call for me.
Old 01-23-2009   #4
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

it's close, but I went with the Cowboys if only for seniority. titans are a very, very close second.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278016 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

No contest. My hatred for Slug Adams and his franchise has no rival.

My house has a football rule that even my 6 yo knows: never root for the Cowboys...unless they play the Titans!
Old 01-23-2009   #6
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2316 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate the Titans because Bud stole our team and left the mansion but went to an outhouse.

I really hat the Cowboys because of their fans...worst in the league...they are everywhere when they are winning but no where to find when they are loosing.

However I hate Jerry Jones because he has cost San Antonio a football team on numerous occasions. either Carlina or Jax should be here. The Saints would have moved here if it werent for Jerry forcing BENSON TO SIGN A NON RELOCATION AGREEMENT. JERRY JONES USES OUR CITY LIKE A CHEAP DATE...He also voted to allow the oilers to leave and kept Houston from getting a team for 7 years.

ok I am calming down its friday and the weekend is here...both the Titans and Cowboys suck not in Super Bowl...so I am good.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #7
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

you cannot differentiate from the two, they both stink
Old 01-23-2009   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titans definitely. They're arguably the Texans biggest rival and the entire city of Houston hates Bud Adams. I don't consider the Cowboys our rival. There might be hostility towards the city of Dallas itself from fans, but I don't think there's any hostility between the two teams. There is between the Texans and Tacks.

I'd rather see the Cowboys win 10 more Super Bowls than see the Titans win one.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87061 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I just feel that the Cowboys and their fans are the lowest common denominator in all of sports.
Old 01-23-2009   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'd have to say the Cowboys.. though I follow the team, and wish for their success, I enjoy beating them more than any other team. If the Titans weren't in our division, I could care less. So with the Titans, it's merely a matter of divisional positioning. For me anyway.

With the Cowboys..... I enjoy that. Personal satisfaction, and it's good.
Old 01-23-2009   #11
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Ah, come on Cowboys haters step it up! The Titans are leading in the poll.
Old 01-23-2009   #12
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its Titans for me because its more personel with them. Their douchebag owner tries to piss on the fans here every chance he gets. I can't get mad at JJ for voting to let the Oilers leave I mean what the hell else were they going to do the contracts where signed and it wasn't like the political leaders here were trying to keep them here. JJ also wanted the Saints to stay in NO because he wanted the whole state to himself and in reality he has it except for the city of Houston its always been that way for pro football in Texas and it probably always will be.
texanhead08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Im just laughing because people hate Cowbiy fans so much because of a select few but they are acting even worse than the fans they purport to hate with the constant threads. Texecutioner "Americas Team" was a moniker from NFL films, not the fans. You are no better. The only way to be better is to act better. There are really good fans who don't throw Cowboy stuff around constantly. Get with it. I find Bud worse..he took a team. Loving a team is much better than hating one.
Old 01-23-2009   #14
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Im just laughing because people hate Cowbiy fans so much because of a select few but they are acting even worse than the fans they purport to hate with the constant threads. Texecutioner "Americas Team" was a moniker from NFL films, not the fans. You are no better. The only way to be better is to act better. There are really good fans who don't throw Cowboy stuff around constantly. Get with it. I find Bud worse..he took a team
Just because you like the Cowboys so much, you can't expect others to. You just said yourself, that you hate the Titans and you could have some Titan/Texan fans on here like you for the Cowboys saying the the same thing to you. I've listed my reasons to you before and they're very valid. You cheer for the Jerry Jones Boys all you want, but don't expect me not to say what I think about them. You have no problem doing it with the Titans, so don't be hypocritical Frog.
Old 01-23-2009   #15
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Just because you like the Cowboys so much, you can't expect others to. You just said yourself, that you hate the Titans and you could have some Titan/Texan fans on here like you for the Cowboys saying the the same thing to you. I've listed my reasons to you before and they're very valid. You cheer for the Jerry Jones Boys all you want, but don't expect me not to say what I think about them. You have no problem doing it with the Titans.
I don't hate the Titans. I hate Bud for taking them from Houston. As for the Cowboy hate...I expect it on a competitive level but the one thing I will never accept is that the majority on here blame it on their fans. Myself,WWJD, Starstruck and others have been here for years and have proved that Cowboy fans can be fun and knowledgeable and admit to the teams downfalls. I don't think we are a minority. BUT I do admit to running into A-hole Cowboy fans and I have even wriiten them on here. So I feel the pain in some part but I am a firm believer that every team has some real a-holes. All I can do is apologize for the jerks and try and prove people wrong. I grew up in Fort Worth so I'm no bandwagoner and am a person who is a fan since birth.. But I'm on a Texans board so I expect the hazing. I just try and talk some sense..lol
Old 01-23-2009   #16
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I don't hate the Titans. I hate Bud for taking them from Houston. As for the Cowboy hate...I expect it on a competitive level but the one thing I will never accept is that the majority on here blame it on their fans. Myself,WWJD, Starstruck and others have been here for years and have proved that Cowboy fans can be fun and knowledgeable and admit to the teams downfalls. I don't think we are a minority. BUT I do admit to running into A-hole Cowboy fans and I have even wriiten them on here. So I feel the pain in some part but I am a firm believer that every team has some real a-holes. All I can do is apologize for the jerks and try and prove people wrong. I grew up in Fort Worth so I'm no bandwagoner and am a person who is a fan since birth.. But I'm on a Texans board so I expect the hazing. I just try and talk some sense..lol
Yes, I've had a few talks with you, Star Struck, and WWJD, and I think all of you guys are nice guys. Definitely not the typical Cowboys fans I usually come across quite frequently. I don't have a problem with you guys at all. It's not as much the fans for me like it is with others though, for me it's more about Jerry Jones and all of his business practices and arrogant ways of wanting the pie hole types of players and the flashy names of talent and his NEED to try and establish some sort of publicity spot light for his team even if that may be negative. He has no standards at all as to who he'll employ for his football team, and then he has an "Anything Goes", policy and expects his coaches to be able to coach winners under those types of circumstances. They set a bad precedent for the NFL and end up hurting their team in the process.
Old 01-23-2009   #17
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Tits for sure!
Wayyyyyyy worse.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Cowboys.

If you live in Texas, you have a choice of two teams. So the die is cast: When you choose the Cowboys, you're the natural enemy of the Texans. When you choose the Texans, you are the natural enemy of the Cowboys. It's like Democrats vs. Republicans. Cats vs. dogs. Chocolate vs. vanilla. Dr. Pepper vs. Coke. We are sworn enemies. Period.

Although the Titans are our divisional rivals, they are more like the annoying little sister who won't leave you and your friend alone during a slumber party. We were done a huge favor when Bud skipped town. If he had stayed, what good would have been done? An "almost" Super Bowl win? Vince Young? Character-less players who stomp on Terrible Towels and then watch the Terrible Towels waving proudly on Super Bowl Sunday? We were blessed. It's like the Israelite priest when he casts the nation's sins upon the scape-goat and releases it into the wilderness. Bye-bye!
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #19
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Gosh guys..you have to come up with this thread for what? The 499th time?

You can tell it's the offseason.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #20
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I just feel that the Cowboys and their fans are the lowest common denominator in all of sports.
We know! Goodness but we know!
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read