Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-15-2008   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Say Goodby to-

Michael Oher, OT
Eugene Monroe, OT
Malcolm Jenkins, CB
Aaron Curry, LB
Brian Orakpo, DE
Rey Maualuga, LB
Michael Johnson, DE

hello to-

James Laurinatis, LB
Brain Cushing, LB
Clint Stintim, LB
William Moore, FS
Alphonso Smith, CB
Brandon Pettigrew, TE
Duke Robinson, OG
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Say Goodby to-

I have no problem with this. Give me Duke Robinson or William Moore and I am a happy man.

Also, say goodbye to 6 years, 20+ million, and hello to 4 years 12+ million.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I have no problem with this. Give me Duke Robinson or William Moore and I am a happy man.

Also, say goodbye to 6 years, 20+ million, and hello to 4 years 12+ million.
yes, it's time to move on. I'm sick & tired of having a Top 10 pick cause that means Texans suck. now we can focus on football players straight up who fill most pressing roster needs. Guard/Center OL. OLB who can pass rush/run stop/cover. CB always a need. FS playmaker.
Old 12-15-2008   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
yes, it's time to move on. I'm sick & tired of having a Top 10 pick cause that means Texans suck. now we can focus on football players straight up who fill most pressing roster needs. Guard/Center OL. OLB who can pass rush/run stop/cover. CB always a need. FS playmaker.
I agree. I hope we never have a top 5 pick again and top 10 is quickly becoming just as expensive. I'd like us to focus on fundamentally sound FOOTBALL players where all they do is go out and play real football. In my opinion, we need to move measurables and 'upside' down a bit on the list.

I don't think we have a team yet where drafting a player with the hopes in a couple years he will progress into a great football player is a smart move. I think you can afford to do that after you already have a good football team and can let that player develop, get some game time experience and rotate him in and out. The last couple years and the next 1-2 should be guys that can play every single down. Hasn't happened in the past and I don't really expect anything to change.

All I know is I am (i) tired of seeing Schaub getting his head caved in and (ii) a 'lazy' looking defense. I want to see a mean D that gets after the ball carrier and hits the crud out of people.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I totally agree. I think priority #1 should be love of the game and knowledge of the game. Thats how you score guys like Demeco. He may not be the biggest or the fastest, but he is a student of the game and he loves to hit. THat moves him up on my list
Old 12-15-2008   #6
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Michael Oher, OT
Eugene Monroe, OT
Malcolm Jenkins, CB
Aaron Curry, LB
Brian Orakpo, DE
Rey Maualuga, LB
Michael Johnson, DE

hello to-

James Laurinatis, LB
Brain Cushing, LB
Clint Stintim, LB
William Moore, FS
Alphonso Smith, CB
Brandon Pettigrew, TE
Duke Robinson, OG
I'll gladly accept that if we make it to 9-7. Although I've only heard of Laurinaitis and Cushing out of the people in this list.
Old 12-15-2008   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I'll gladly accept that if we make it to 9-7. Although I've only heard of Laurinaitis and Cushing out of the people in this list.
this list only includes Seniors, no underclassmen until the commit to leave school.

Clint Sintim 6-3 254 Virginia is a football player who specialized in pass rush situations from his OLB position. he fits the 4-3 as a DE or 3-4 as OLB. most dominating rush linebacker in the country this season and led all linebackers in sacks with an average of 0.92 per game. He was second in the ACC in sacks and ninth in tackles for loss, while averaging 5.8 tackles per game. Sintim’s 13 sacks this season are fifth most in UVa history and the most ever by a linebacker.

William Moore is a big, 6-0 220 Missouri, physical FS. 11 career INT's excellent in run support would be a great fit fot this defense as Nick Ferguson next year will be his 10th season & CC Brown is a free agent coming of injury question mark?

Alphonso Smith, 5-09 190 Wake Forrest, one of the top rated CB's in the country. Texans need to resign Dunat Robinson first but with Molden grade incomplete & Bennett struggling in man coverage Alphonso is the kind of cover corner you can isolate on an island. good recovery speed with ball skills. First team All-ACC, led nation and the ACC with a school-record eight interceptions . . . Had three interception returns for touchdowns.

Brandon Pettigrew is a 6-6 260 TE for Oklahoma State. whats really special about him is he is like having another LT, he loves to block down in the trenches but at the same time he can run routes or just be a safety outlet. huge upgrade over Joel Dreessen or Mark Bruener who will probably retire. has no impact really on Owen Daniels who plays the slot. OSU coach Mike Gundy said. "You’ll find out who the All-Americans are at that position when they have draft day. You can pick whoever you want, but those guys they pick on draft day, all they’re concerned about is who’s gonna make plays for them at the next level. "That guy, he’s gonna make plays at the next level for a long time.”

George "Duke" Robinson is ALL-BIG 12 first team playing for national champion hopefull Oklahoma. has pro-bowl size 6-5 330 with nasty disposition something the Texans need to aquire more of, after watching that Steelers/Ravens game then Giants/Cowboys game all those championship aspiring teams are surprisingly weak on the offensive lines. QB's are getting killed, pocket protection is breaking down in seconds & the Texans need to still build in the trenches as they gain experience playing together as a unit. maybe the highest rated player @ his position on this very short list but because of position people think not worth a high pick, I disagree.
Sponsored links
Old 12-15-2008   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think drafting Pettigrew would have a bigger impact on our offense than any other player.

We would be able to consistently run and pass out of two tight end sets.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #9
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I think drafting Pettigrew would have a bigger impact on our offense than any other player.

We would be able to consistently run and pass out of two tight end sets.
I disagree. We don't run 2 TE sets out of this type of offense. Also, TE is our probably one of our best positions. I think that Duke Robinson would be the biggest impact for our offense. With that said, we need to upgrade the defense.
Old 12-15-2008   #10
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

From that short list I'll take Alphonso Smith. I don't like Laurinatis or Cushing (Cushing is highly overrated) and I don't know anything about Sintim. Brandon Pettigrew is great but I don't think we need a TE, and William Moore has been disappointing this year. Moore's got talent but wasn't very productive this year. Duke Robinson is a great guard but I don't think he'll fit the ZBS.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #11
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
and William Moore has been disappointing this year. Moore's got talent but wasn't very productive this year.
Moore added ten LBS this last off season and in turn lost a half step or so it seems. He maybe advised by agents and trainers to drop the weight and try and regain the quickness. Right now he is almost the size of Adibi and he is faster.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #12
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Beerlover, how's Stintim against the run?
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Beerlover, how's Stintim against the run?
Not first round quality.
Old 12-15-2008   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
Moore added ten LBS this last off season and in turn lost a half step or so it seems. He maybe advised by agents and trainers to drop the weight and try and regain the quickness. Right now he is almost the size of Adibi and he is faster.
My biased reasoning: He went to Mizzou...therefore, he must suck.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind adding him in the second round if he slips.
Old 12-15-2008   #15
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
From that short list I'll take Alphonso Smith. I don't like Laurinatis or Cushing (Cushing is highly overrated) and I don't know anything about Sintim. Brandon Pettigrew is great but I don't think we need a TE, and William Moore has been disappointing this year. Moore's got talent but wasn't very productive this year. Duke Robinson is a great guard but I don't think he'll fit the ZBS.
Alphonso Smith makes plays on the ball. His size will limit what he can do to an extent, but still one hell of a player. I like Cushing, not Laurinatis. Sintim won't be a first rounder. Duke Robinson has the speed and athleticism to play ZBS and the strength to play in the NFL. Duke Robinson is a better OG prospect than Albert was last year. Duke Robinson is a pro-bowl OG waiting to happen; scheme means nothing to those elite level talents.
Old 12-15-2008   #16
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Michael Oher, OT
Eugene Monroe, OT
Malcolm Jenkins, CB
Aaron Curry, LB
Brian Orakpo, DE
Rey Maualuga, LB
Michael Johnson, DE

hello to-

James Laurinatis, LB
Brain Cushing, LB
Clint Stintim, LB
William Moore, FS
Alphonso Smith, CB
Brandon Pettigrew, TE
Duke Robinson, OG
For a very deep draft in most rounds, the first round is suprisingly crap after the top 15. Might as well trade down as the only player worth first round money (maybe) is Cushing

I hope Charles Johnson is gone by the time we pick. Incredibly lazy player that will have inflated combine numbers
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #17
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't like Laurinatis or Cushing (Cushing is highly overrated)
I agree, I don't really think that much of Cushing and at one point I'm sure he was doing roids blatantly enough to where he developed some tits. Pass. Honestly I think if we keep getting pushed farther and farther down in the draft we'll probably just grab a safety or a DL. I have a feeling Kubiak is going to be fine with an LB corps of Diles, Ryans, Adibi, with Bentley and Thompson and maaaaybe Greenwood being the backups.
Old 12-16-2008   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Michael Oher, OT
Eugene Monroe, OT
Malcolm Jenkins, CB
Aaron Curry, LB
Brian Orakpo, DE
Rey Maualuga, LB
Michael Johnson, DE

hello to-

James Laurinatis, LB
Brain Cushing, LB
Clint Stintim, LB
William Moore, FS
Alphonso Smith, CB
Brandon Pettigrew, TE
Duke Robinson, OG

Robinson is a stud .... probably the most NFL ready OL I've seen play all year . Would be an instant upgrade over Brisel (who has played pretty well of late) I was pretty harsh on him recently and after the past few games , I kinda think that he can hold the position pending the C position see's an upgrade. That would be the one position on the OL I would look to fix .

Pettigrew is an absolute beast . I wouldnt be against him wearing a Texans uniform, I just cant see taking him in the first round with OD on the roster.

As for Laurinatis , I think he's a bit over rated (just an opinion) .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #19
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Michael Oher, OT
Eugene Monroe, OT
Malcolm Jenkins, CB
Aaron Curry, LB
Brian Orakpo, DE
Rey Maualuga, LB
Michael Johnson, DE

hello to-

James Laurinatis, LB
Brain Cushing, LB
Clint Stintim, LB
William Moore, FS
Alphonso Smith, CB
Brandon Pettigrew, TE
Duke Robinson, OG
I would like to add Alex Mack, C to the Hello list along with
B.J. Raji, DT,
Jermaine Grisham, TE
Jason Smith, OT
Brandon Spikes, LB
Russell Okung, OT
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know how many times I've got to post this...I don't care how fricken big he is. Or how fast he is....William Moore can not tackle. and we will not draft the guy for that reason. Same reason they won't draft Micheal Johnson.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read