Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-09-2005   #1
God of Wine

Default Manning in Foxboro is not the same Superstar

I'm looking forward to this game. I think NE is hampered by injuries in the secondary(Ty Law is out I think) and Manning will overcome Foxboro. I don't even like the Colts but I think they will win next week. Story
Old 01-09-2005   #2
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32
I'm looking forward to this game. I think NE is hampered by injuries in the secondary(Ty Law is out I think) and Manning will overcome Foxboro. I don't even like the Colts but I think they will win next week. Story
Im gonna root for the Patriots. Even though their secondary is banged up with injuries. I think that the defensive scheme they run will give Peyton problems. Not to mention NE's pass rushing ability. Overall i think it will be a good game though and can't wait until next week.
Old 01-10-2005   #3
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Last year peyton did not have the help he has this year. I beliee it is SB or bust for these guys. If they win the SB, then salary cap will eat them up. If they do not, then the salary cap will eat them up. This will have to be their year.
Old 01-10-2005   #4
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ty Law is out , the weather forecast is cold and sunny. I think if the Colts are ever going to beat the Pats ,it will be now!
Old 01-10-2005   #5
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

I hate the Patriots. Go COLTS. I would love to see a Colts vs. Vikings Super Bowl. You wanna talk about points???

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005   #6
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

I hope the Patriots prevail again. Their match-up in the playoffs last year was the superbowl in my mind, and once again I feel like it will be the real superbowl again this weekend. The Pats are banged up and Indi has never been this dominant. Their D is burying quarterbacks and they may have the most prolific offense in history but these things will just make it all the more satisfying to watch them be frustrated by New England's smart, clutch play.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005   #7
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID Send a message via Yahoo to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID

I seriously think that Peyton Manning has a feild day on Sunday. There is no way that the Patriots with their injuries and cover Harrison, Wayne, AND Stokley at one time. And if Richard Seymor doesn't play, its lights out New England.
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-11-2005   #8
Carr's Corner
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead83
I hope the Patriots prevail again. Their match-up in the playoffs last year was the superbowl in my mind, and once again I feel like it will be the real superbowl again this weekend. The Pats are banged up and Indi has never been this dominant. Their D is burying quarterbacks and they may have the most prolific offense in history but these things will just make it all the more satisfying to watch them be frustrated by New England's smart, clutch play.
The Pats, Peyton will choke! (hopefully)
Old 01-12-2005   #9
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Tough one. I despise the Pats more than any other team...well, the Jags and the Broncos are gaining ground on that. While I have nothing personal against our hooved Division opponents, I feel that I can't back them either. Seems a little hypocritical to do this IMO, since I hope for their demise every other week of the year. My other half is backing them (he likes Peyton). I feel he is on their bandwagon.
Like what has been posted above, it is "now or never" for Peyton and Co. We will see if they have the "stuff" this year and not choke.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005   #10
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Listening to reports about the weather in NE... they (reporters in NE) said it's been rainy/snowy in New England and the tarp that normally covers the field has been left off all week. I was a little surprised by that, but I guess I shouldn't be.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005   #11
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Agreed, anything to slow down Manning. It's so his time to get it done.. w/o Ty Law, the Pats sure need the weather to cause havoc one more time.

Article today by John McClain:
Quote:
Brady knows when to win
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/printsto...sports/2992256
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005   #12
Jon Moxon
Rookie

If you venture over to the Colts Message board and read some of the statement that Colts fans are making, you would swear it is the end of the world. Who cares about the field...if it is bad for the Colts, It is bad for the Pats as well. I just think they are making a mountain out of a mole-hill and just looking for an early excuse if they should lose.
Jon Moxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005   #13
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

This rivalry looks a lot like the Cowboys and 49ers in the mid-90's. I think the Colts get over the hump and beat the Pats this time, kind of like the year the 49ers beat the Cowboys and went on to win the Super Bowl (against the Chargers).

My preseason pick was Eagles vs. Colts in the Super Bowl and I stand by it...for now.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005   #14
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Article today by John McClain:
Yippee-ki-yay?
Old 01-14-2005   #15
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID Send a message via Yahoo to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID

I would bet money that Peyton Manning will see the defense that the Patriots showed on Monday Night in Miami............No lineman. Wouldn't that be something to drop 11 back in coverage? Its crazy, but he it might work. I can imagine the lineman standing around......."what do we do?". I can't wait to see what Belichick pulls out of his bag of tricks.
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read