Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-22-2009   #1
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx
Default William Moore, S, Missouri

A lot of mock drafts have us taking this kid. I never heard of him before i started looking at them. Anyone know anything or at least watch him play?

Old 01-22-2009   #2
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: William Moore, S, Missouri

He's overrated and will be lucky to go in the first round. He managed to get a bunch of INTs his junior season, but he is bad in coverage. He profiles more as a SS, but he's not that good of a tackler. Scouts at the senior bowl are talking about how he may have to move to LB in the NFL. Think Thomas Davis, but not as good of a hitter or tackler. I wouldn't touch him. We need a safety who is good in coverage, so we may be better off going after Rashad Johnson or maybe Louis Delmas in the second round.
Old 01-22-2009   #3
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe we can get him in the second round...
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
A lot of mock drafts have us taking this kid. I never heard of him before i started looking at them. Anyone know anything or at least watch him play?

Senior at Missouri. Had a stellar junior year and a less than stellar senior season to say the least. Added additional weight which he'll need to shed to be effective in the pros. Stock is slipping and will need to have a good senior bowl to gain any ground he lost. Should go in the mid 20's to mid 2nd round, imo. I would be dissappointed if he were selected by us at #15.

The mocks having him go to us in the 1st are purely basing that off of the team's need for a safety. We will not reach for a guy like that, especially with us not placing that high of a emphasis for a top safety in the past. That is unless Gibbs throws a fit over him in which case Bush, Kubiak, Smith and Kollar have the trump card. There WILL be higher rated players at other positions of need in the 1st. If he's available in the 2nd, I think they'll take a good long look at him.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #5
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK View Post
He's overrated and will be lucky to go in the first round. He managed to get a bunch of INTs his junior season, but he is bad in coverage. He profiles more as a SS, but he's not that good of a tackler. Scouts at the senior bowl are talking about how he may have to move to LB in the NFL. Think Thomas Davis, but not as good of a hitter or tackler. I wouldn't touch him. We need a safety who is good in coverage, so we may be better off going after Rashad Johnson or maybe Louis Delmas in the second round.
Exactly. His ability to cover, or lack therefore of, is being exposed at the Senior Bowl.

I want no part of him.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #6
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Exactly. His ability to cover, or lack therefore of, is being exposed at the Senior Bowl.

I want no part of him.
So this is another Roy Williams?
Old 01-22-2009   #7
DoCRoN
Veteran

Section: 608!!
Rep Power: 1328 DoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I've seen 3 or 4 mocks (NBC, ESPN, couple others) and none have us taking him. I'm seeing a lot of DE or CB picks slotted for us at 15.
Old 01-22-2009   #8
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So this is another Roy Williams?
I don't think he's that good. Roy could atleast hit like a monster, at one time, I'm not sure Moore can even do that.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Really, how hard is it to spot the draft forum? If we need to label it differently or something, do tell.
Old 01-22-2009   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Threetoedpete and myself have been giving y'all the wrap on Moore for weeks now.

Some internet scouts get hung up on measurables and rank this guy high. Then you see everybody listing him high in their mock drafts and such.

On draft day, this guy's phone number better not even be on our list.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I still think he goes round 1. Someone will fall in love with his size and the rest will be history.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I still think he goes round 1. Someone will fall in love with his size and the rest will be history.
I agree.

Delmas is the #1 FS on my board, but I think Moore will be drafted first.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #13
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He was rated a 1st rounder after his junior year, he fell off the planet this year and the scouts are now talking about moving him to LB, not good talk for a DB. His fall is one of the biggest question at the Senior Bowl, I do not pick him at all. He worries me to much.

So that leaves us with no 1st round Safety in this draft. Chung is now the highest rated on most list.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #14
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
He was rated a 1st rounder after his junior year, he fell off the planet this year and the scouts are now talking about moving him to LB, not good talk for a DB. His fall is one of the biggest question at the Senior Bowl, I do not pick him at all. He worries me to much.

So that leaves us with no 1st round Safety in this draft. Chung is now the highest rated on most list.
I hope Taylor Mays, CJ Spiller, Terrance Cody, Jermaine Gershame, Gerald McCoy, Brandon Spikes, Van Chancellor, and Greg Hardy are paying attention to what is happening to William Moore. Had he come out after his junior season, he would have been a 1st-rounder without a doubt. But no, he wanted to go back to college to prove that he's obviously not worthy of being selected that high. Now, scouts are talking about him being a LB instead of a Safety. I bet he regrets returning for a subpar season now. Gotta strike when the iron's hot young men!
Old 01-22-2009   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Next years safety class is going to be filled with studs.
Old 01-22-2009   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

NFL scouts realize Moore was playing hurt in '08, and that will be factored into their evaluations.

"You give him an 'A' for effort in playing hurt," said a veteran NFC personnel executive, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "And that's why you always go back and look at their junior and senior year, because that gives you the full body of work of what they're doing. A healthy William Moore is a hell of a football player."

I believe he missed at least 2 games with an ankle injury.
And he also has problems with the ribs at one point as well.
He might have suffer another injury in the bowl game if I remember correctly.

We'll see if he can come back to form.
I wouldnt mind taking him in the 2nd.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #17
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that Moore will fall to at least the mid 2nd round and possibly late 2nd or early 3rd. He might wind up being a diamond in the rough for some team someday but I want no part of him for the Texans. I hope Delmas or possibly Chung lasts til our 2nd round pick but I'm having doubts.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I think that Moore will fall to at least the mid 2nd round and possibly late 2nd or early 3rd. He might wind up being a diamond in the rough for some team someday but I want no part of him for the Texans. I hope Delmas or possibly Chung lasts til our 2nd round pick but I'm having doubts.
Chung or Delmas in the second and Moore in the third?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #19
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree Im all about either taking Delmas or Chung.
Old 01-22-2009   #20
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Chung or Delmas in the second and Moore in the third?
I think with Moore falling badly, Chung and Delmas could go very late 1st round or very early 2nd round if they continue to have a great Senior Bowl and have a good combine. I've seen some mocks listing Chung in the middle of the 1st round and Delmas in the late 1st as well. These guys rising up the charts just makes me realize even more that Taylor Mays made a really bad decision by listening to Pete Carroll and that Pete talked a kid into doing what was best for Pete Carroll and USC, not what was best for Taylor Mays.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read