Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-22-2009   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Has "Coach Karm" returned in the person of "Coach Kollar" ?

Buffalo defensive end Aaron Schobel laughed good-naturedly when he was asked Tuesday what the Texans’ defensive linemen can expect from new assistant head coach/defensive line Bill Kollar.
Kollar coached defensive lines for three teams over the last 19 years, including the last three with the Bills.
“I respect him as a coach, but he’s different now; I’ll tell you that,” said Schobel, a native Texan who’s back home in Columbus. “He’s a loud mouth; that’s for sure. I mean, he loves to yell.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/6222021.html
Chron article about the new hollar guy at DLine and some thoughts about
him from one of his former players and area resident Aaron Schobel.
I dunno but I think it reveals a lot about the new DLine coachs approach if he use sub 250 pounders in his schemes ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Has "Coach Karm" returned in the person of "Coach Kollar" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Buffalo defensive end Aaron Schobel laughed good-naturedly when he was asked Tuesday what the Texans’ defensive linemen can expect from new assistant head coach/defensive line Bill Kollar.
Kollar coached defensive lines for three teams over the last 19 years, including the last three with the Bills.
“I respect him as a coach, but he’s different now; I’ll tell you that,” said Schobel, a native Texan who’s back home in Columbus. “He’s a loud mouth; that’s for sure. I mean, he loves to yell.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/6222021.html
Chron article about the new hollar guy at DLine and some thoughts about
him from one of his former players and area resident Aaron Schobel.
I dunno but I think it reveals a lot about the new DLine coachs approach if he use sub 250 pounders in his schemes ?
Sounds like he wants a fast DL vs. a big one.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Sounds like he wants a fast DL vs. a big one.
Is Jason Babin on his way back to Houston ? I dunno, but he might be really quick at 245 ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Whose coach Karm? Ha Ha!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #5
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I mean, he loves to yell.
Should we tell him about Justice's Vagina-Ear condition or let him find out when an article is written about his coaching style from a guy who has never even coached?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

It's probably only a matter of time until Richard Justice blasts the hire because the guy yells at his players.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
It's probably only a matter of time until Richard Justice blasts the hire because the guy yells at his players.
Yes, you're right.

Being well-liked is the key to winning championships.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-22-2009   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like Schoebel wants to play here in Houston. Maybe trade him for Anthony Weaver? Or a 3rd?
Old 01-22-2009   #9
Killer Bee
Rookie

Rep Power: 487 Killer Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Sounds like Schoebel wants to play here in Houston. Maybe trade him for Anthony Weaver? Or a 3rd?
With Greenbay installing a 3-4, I wonder if they would part ways with Aaron Kampman. Maybe Weaver and a 3rd or just a 2nd round pick would do it. Could you imagine getting rid of Weaver and gaining Kampman, talk about killing 2 birds with 1 stone.
Old 01-22-2009   #10
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've been watching the Senior Bowl Practices all week, and noticed the Jags coaches, Mike Tice especially, all being very low key and not the types to point out the negatives. They coached the kids up and they responded.

When Tice was asked about it later, he responded, why yell, they only tune you out.

They know they did wrong, explain to them a better way.

I kinda saw his point. If a guy is screaming all the time, no one is listening. Bush is a different breed from Smith and the players should respond to him.

BTW as much as Alex Gibbs yells, he also spend a good deal of time joking with his guys. They seemed to respond to him.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #11
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No no no no. That's not the way it works.

If Richard Justice doesn't like a coach for some reason, he will insult the coach and base it on that he's a "yeller."

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #12
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Even better, let's take the entire bottom half of our roster and trade it for the top half of another team's roster. That could really help us get better. I wonder why Kubes and Smith haven't done that yet? Maybe they aren't as great as some of you think?
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
I've been watching the Senior Bowl Practices all week, and noticed the Jags coaches, Mike Tice especially, all being very low key and not the types to point out the negatives. They coached the kids up and they responded.

When Tice was asked about it later, he responded, why yell, they only tune you out.

They know they did wrong, explain to them a better way.

I kinda saw his point. If a guy is screaming all the time, no one is listening. Bush is a different breed from Smith and the players should respond to him.

BTW as much as Alex Gibbs yells, he also spend a good deal of time joking with his guys. They seemed to respond to him.
I can see that. Schoebel seems to have liked him so I'm assuming he's not just a coach who screams and screams to get his point across. I was poking fun more at Richard Justice than Koller and any other coaches who yell. If you're a coach, more than likely you yell more often than the normal person. Some coaches don't (Tice, Dungy) but others do. That's not to say all they do, but RJ made it seem in that article a while back that if a coach yells he must be a bad coach which is obviously wrong.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
I kinda saw his point. If a guy is screaming all the time, no one is listening.
It depends on what is being screamed. Some DI's scream all the time and become jokes while some scream all the time and are inspirational--most scream all the time. The occasional joking you mentioned by Gibbs does help out.
Old 01-22-2009   #15
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

We should nickname him Hollah Kollar?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read