Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 01-23-2009   #21
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your Texan Man Cave

test
Old 01-23-2009   #22
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/q...6/theater2.jpg

Not sure if these come out but this is our Theater/game room. Wife painted the Texans and Astros Logos
Old 01-23-2009   #23
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

That's awesome man. I would forever be in debted to my wife if she painted a Texan logo in my house.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #24
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Your Texan Man Cave

A related question - what's the best way to frame a jersey? A professional frame can run 100's of dollars. Even a proper Hobby Lobby display frame can run in the 100's. What's the best way to frame (and protect) a jersey w/out blowing half your paycheck?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #25
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
A related question - what's the best way to frame a jersey? A professional frame can run 100's of dollars. Even a proper Hobby Lobby display frame can run in the 100's. What's the best way to frame (and protect) a jersey w/out blowing half your paycheck?
i'll be honest with you, I'm a cheap butt. I just went to walmart and got those plastic frames they use for posters and put them in there.
Old 01-23-2009   #26
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Your Texan Man Cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
i'll be honest with you, I'm a cheap butt. I just went to walmart and got those plastic frames they use for posters and put them in there.
A 'real' frame uses UV glass, special padding, etc., etc, etc. But I really wonder what harm will come to a jersey in a frame such as those you used, in a climate controlled home and out of direct sunlight....

(I currently store mine is suit bags to avoid dust)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #27
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

My man cave is my game room, and is still a work in progress. It's not solely Texans stuff as I've got a few Astros things as well. I recently put up a Texans fathead so it's coming along nicely.

AJ autographed jersey

Ryans autographed football & Mario Williams autographed helmet.

I've also got an old Astros poster with several players' autograph, and a couple of framed photos of Biggio, Ausmus, & Bagwell. My wife is an Ausmus fan so that was her influence in the room. Eventually I might end up painting the room in Texans colors.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2009   #28
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to send this thread to the Mrs to show her I'm not such a weirdo.

I have some stuff...mats at each door, a big rug in the parlor, lightswitch plates, electrical outlet plates, pint glasses, shot glasses, a bottle opener on my fence, y'all saw the fire pit, fleece blankets (red & blue), a ceiling fan with porcelain Texans pull thingys, a lamp on my desk, a lamp for my reading chair, the chrome emblem on her car, the blow up player out in the yard on game days, the dog's water bowl, the dog's collar, the dog has his own jersey...

Coming soon...the hall bathroom re-do...already have the Texans knobs on all the drawers and cabinets...gonna get rugs and a shower curtain.

See Ma...I am normal! Well maybe just regular?
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009   #29
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
I have to send this thread to the Mrs to show her I'm not such a weirdo.

I have some stuff...mats at each door, a big rug in the parlor, lightswitch plates, electrical outlet plates, pint glasses, shot glasses, a bottle opener on my fence, y'all saw the fire pit, fleece blankets (red & blue), a ceiling fan with porcelain Texans pull thingys, a lamp on my desk, a lamp for my reading chair, the chrome emblem on her car, the blow up player out in the yard on game days, the dog's water bowl, the dog's collar, the dog has his own jersey...

Coming soon...the hall bathroom re-do...already have the Texans knobs on all the drawers and cabinets...gonna get rugs and a shower curtain.

See Ma...I am normal! Well maybe just regular?
Get you an over head projector and project the Texans logo or any logo you want on a wall and trace and paint it out. we even did a dragon in our bathroom and came out very well.
Old 01-24-2009   #30
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread plus a garage my wife saw yesterday has got me thinking and I have decided to make some drastic changes to my house, well my garage. I'm going to make it my man cave.

I have a game room, with a pool table, a small little bar thing, and a wall full of Texans, other sports, and general interest like movie poster etc. but that's about it. The room is cool but not quite a great fit for the 8 X 4 pool table. So I am going to buy a tool shed. Clean out my garage and create more storage for lawn equipment, etc. Move the pool table to the garage, install some electrical outlets, build a wet bar, and add some portable A/C and heat units that I can run when we are out there. It's going to take me a long time to afford it all and complete all the work myself. But I will be able to keep my little gym in there and showcase all of my tools also, after I finally organize them that is. Plus I already got the beer fridge thing that I might turn into a kegerator. It's going to take a long time but should turn out cool.
Old 01-24-2009   #31
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

It is a struggle to find Texans memorabilia here.... I may have to make a trip to Texans store at Reliant or the new one opened. Where is the best place to get it. I live in SA and visit Houston for Astros and Texans games.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009   #32
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a woman cave - if that counts in this thread. It is a bedroom I turned into a library and then added so much Texan stuff that it is now a Texan room with a few books in it. I have Texan autographed hats, jersey, helmet, poster, light switch, various stuffed Toros, Texan scrapbooks for the last 5 years, Texan candles, Texan lamp, Texan pillow and a few blankets, Texan bear - you get the picture. It is my favorite room in the house.

Roc - I also have a Texan bathroom with the shower curtain, soap dispenser, etc. but don't have the knobs - where did you get them?
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009   #33
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
It is a struggle to find Texans memorabilia here.... I may have to make a trip to Texans store at Reliant or the new one opened. Where is the best place to get it. I live in SA and visit Houston for Astros and Texans games.

E-Bay is my crack. I just search Houston Texans all categories and see what pops up. Alot of it came from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post

Roc - I also have a Texan bathroom with the shower curtain, soap dispenser, etc. but don't have the knobs - where did you get them?

Where did YOU get the soap dispenser?? lol

I found the knobs on E-Bay too. I saw some others that were even cooler. I'd just search "Houston Texans knobs" and see what pops up.
Old 01-25-2009   #34
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I got them as a gift and I think they came as a set - but here they are sold separately.

link

I know I've seen these on ebay - but can't find them now. Thanks for the knob info.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009   #35
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

I took a couple of pictures but it comes back saying I have exceeded my quota???????
How can I fix that and post the pictures?
Thanks
Old 01-26-2009   #36
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

I had the same problem and had to get someone to post them for me.
Old 01-26-2009   #37
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
DB, you charge for studio time?
To be honest, I've never thought about it. (sorry for the delayed reply, as I just noticed this question today)

My drummer has a home studio, which we recorded our last cd over there. We use Pro Tools and basically run everything direct. I got my studio up and running in order to be compatible with him, so we can do whatever we want without worrying about running up a studio bill.

My own opinion is that you would be better served putting a home studio together yourself. You'd be surprised at how cheap it can be done. I bought a Mac G4 off of Ebay for around $200, and you can find Digi 001 racks with the Pro Tools software for around $100 (this is a couple generations old, but they still work great and the price has come down). So for around $300 or so, you can have the basic setup to record and mix your own music from here on out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflnutswife View Post
I took a couple of pictures but it comes back saying I have exceeded my quota???????
How can I fix that and post the pictures?
Thanks
I've got plenty of server space if you need help. Send me an e-mail and I'll be glad to post them for ya'.
Old 01-26-2009   #38
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 25166 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
I have a Texans room/man cave. Painted in the official team color "steel blue". Houses all of my jerseys, photo's, signed and autographed items, etc...

Its pretty cool for now, or at least until we have kids. Then it goes bye-bye.
I can get you a cardboard cutout cheerleader that you can put in there...
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 01-27-2009   #40
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Its not sports related, but I'm having this blown up and framed in black to add to my man cave.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read